Splinter/DNA mod setup

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
getting an Hcigar DNA mod today for my splinter. Can someone help me set it up for the splinter I have never used a mod with a computer before. Do I download Escribe and then just plug the mod into a conputer and use that program to load the software?

Mynameismud,
Reactions: JCat

JCat

Accessory Maker
You got it. Here's the link to the profiles for the Splinter/Stempod etc.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/567-fcshare/

The one thing that got me is if you have too many MATERIALS loaded on your device, when you import the new profiles in escribe, it doesn't actually load the material. So make sure to remove unused materials from device in escribe before loading above profiles.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Escribe will probably indicate at the top of the app window that there's a service pack available for the hcigar. Do that first and then use the Load Profile button I think it's called and browse for the ecigprofile. Then you hit Uploads Settings To Device (I think it's called) and you're done. Oh you should put Frank's theme on there too.

Plenty of ready help on the Splinter thread for stuff like this. We just say the same things to each other anyway so nobody minds providing a bit of handholding.

Good choice on the mod. I'm using by VT75D with a Splinter Z.

Last edited:
bossman,

HerbieVonVapster

The one thing that got me is if you have too many MATERIALS loaded on your device, when you import the new profiles in escribe, it doesn't actually load the material. So make sure to remove unused materials from device in escribe before loading above profiles.

Thanks I didn't know that. Great pointer guess since I had material in mine I thought it transfer in those profiles.

Been slowly updating these files now that back home. For now use the splinter or splinterZ profile. Should have a new DNAc package up in couple weeks. If needed I can toss one together for the DNA75c for you :)

Theme.ecigtheme

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Escribe will probably indicate at the top of the app window that there's a service pack available for the hcigar. Do that first and then use the Load Profile button I think it's called and browse for the ecigprofile. Then you hit Uploads Settings To Device (I think it's called) and you're done. Oh you should put Frank's theme on there too.

Plenty of ready help on the Splinter thread for stuff like this. We just say the same things to each other anyway so nobody minds providing a bit of handholding.

Good choice on the mod. I'm using by VT75D with a Splinter Z.
Thanks I didn't know that. Great pointer guess since I had material in mine I thought it transfer in those profiles.

Been slowly updating these files now that back home. For now use the splinter or splinterZ profile. Should have a new DNAc package up in couple weeks. If needed I can toss one together for the DNA75c for you :)

Theme.ecigtheme
So this is really my first high end mod my old one i only used in watts. When i turn it on there watts and the temperature settings does that mean its always in temp mode is there a way to only use watts?

and thanks so do i just download the theme.ecig link or do i also download a splinter/splinterz profile and in the link jcat posted theres profiles for three different mods which one should i use for the hcigar?

Mynameismud,

started@52

So this is really my first high end mod my old one i only used in watts. When i turn it on there watts and the temperature settings does that mean its always in temp mode is there a way to only use watts?

and thanks so do i just download the theme.ecig link or do i also download a splinter/splinterz profile and in the link jcat posted theres profiles for three different mods which one should i use for the hcigar?
The learning curve with the mod itself is steep but worth it.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Get the escribe stuff done first including the theme from Herbie. Once that's done you'll find your way around the mod's menus and learn how to switch profiles to select the Splinter one for TC or just use wattage.

I'd still like to get rid of the superfluous Ni, SS, etc. since I'm only using my VT75D with Splinters. We're super lucky to have Herbie taking care of us. My DNA250, DNA75C, and DNA250C all work really well with these profiles and it let's you shortcut to great performance without having to customize the settings yourself.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Get the escribe stuff done first including the theme from Herbie. Once that's done you'll find your way around the mod's menus and learn how to switch profiles to select the Splinter one for TC or just use wattage.

I'd still like to get rid of the superfluous Ni, SS, etc. since I'm only using my VT75D with Splinters. We're super lucky to have Herbie taking care of us. My DNA250, DNA75C, and DNA250C all work really well with these profiles and it let's you shortcut to great performance without having to customize the settings yourself.

So i loaded the splinter Z profile for the paranormal because that said that would work for 75c mods.

I can not figure out temp control mode for the life of me though. the settings it loaded are too hot and i just get a temp protect error.
So in escribe i changed the preheat down to 50W and the punch to 11
then i have the temperature at 400F and 40w but I cant seem to get any good vapor production.

It works fine in watt mode, got a little too hot

Mynameismud,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I think you're still confusing profiles and themes. I use this SplinterZDNAc.ecigprofile on the page Herbie linked.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=236539

I'm using Frank's theme.

I loaded the FC theme in the theme tab

and loaded the profile in the general tab, clicked profile 1 and at the bottom clicked load profile and used the splinterZ ecig profile for the list vape paranormal.

Then i saw
@HerbieVonVapster made an HCigar file but it was just .ecig extension so I could not load that the same way because it wouldnt show up when i clicked load profile so I went to file clicked open and the hcigar file showed up i clicked it and it changed it to that.

Im able to get great vapor in watts mode almost too hot. But am getting on and off vapor in temperature mode. Power is 40 watts and 400F and preheat is 65 watts. I just noticed that in preheat the punch drop down was changed to temperature so i just changed it back to punch and set it at 6.5 not sure if that makes a difference

cold ohm 0.237 Locked

EDIT: Not sure what happened but now i just keep getting the temp protect error and it wont heat at all whenever i press the button. I tried reloading the Hcigar file and use the stock settings it loaded for the splinter profile 1 but still getting temp protect error

Last edited:
Mynameismud,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Don't use the Splinter Z ecigprofile unless you have a Z. Your resistance looks like a regular Splinter. My Z resistance is between .38 and .4ohms.

If you have a V1 or V2 then try this one instead:
SplinterDNAc.ecigprofile

Last edited:
bossman,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Don't use the Splinter Z ecigprofile unless you have a Z. Your resistance looks like a regular Splinter. My Z resistance is between .38 and .4ohms.

If you have a V1 or V2 then try this one instead:
SplinterDNAc.ecigprofile
I loaded the Hcigar.Ecig file. Profile 1 is splinter with 19/19 stem. I just keep getting a temp protect error now and no heat at all

Mynameismud,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I haven't used those ecig files and my Splinters work well in temp mode on the hcigar so I think you should try the one I'm using to see if it works better.

What kind of Splinter do you have? And is your hcigar the DNA75 or the DNA75C model?

bossman,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I haven't used those ecig files and my Splinters work well in temp mode on the hcigar so I think you should try the one I'm using to see if it works better.

What kind of Splinter do you have? And is your hcigar the DNA75 or the DNA75C model?
DNA75C I just restored to defaults. Installed SP33_2 International and loaded Franks Theme. And then I loaded the SplinterDNAC file to the profiles. Lets see if i can get rid of this temp protect error i keep getting.

Using A splinter V2...

What settings do u have applied to the splinter profile?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Sounds like your VT75D is set up like mine now although I just have a V1 and a Z.

I haven't really changed the settings. I'll typically use the DNA75C from 370° to 430°. Sometimes I'll do a five second manual preheat in wattage mode to get the Splinter warmed up before the first use of the day.

If the lower temps aren't producing the kind of vapor I want then I'll sometimes nudge the resistance up at bit. My V1 is typically .23 to .24ohms like your V2.

bossman,

almost there

DNA75C I just restored to defaults. Installed SP33_2 International and loaded Franks Theme. And then I loaded the SplinterDNAC file to the profiles. Lets see if i can get rid of this temp protect error i keep getting.

Using A splinter V2...

What settings do u have applied to the splinter profile?
If all else fails try uninstalling Frank's theme and see if that takes care of the temp protect issue

Last edited:
almost there,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My Z resistance is between .38 and .4ohms.
When I let my new VT75D set it's own resistance on my Z it was around .38, and I didn't seem to be getting enough heat. I locked it at .40 and it is working quite well.

cybrguy,
Reactions: bossman

boon

The links to the themes are not working. Can someone update the links?
Here they are
The links for the DNA profiles are gone and FCShare hasn't responded to tell me why but I had downloaded the files before so here they are in case anyone needs them.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/8gf8016smqkby/Spinter_and_Splinter_Z_Profiles
If anyone has the profiles for other mods can you send them to me and at least they'll be altogether for anyone that needs them?

Lexx21

Thank you for the reply. I have an odin 250c mod. Never had a dna mod before so I'm a noob as far as they go.

How do I install the profile onto the mod? Do I just use escribe?

Lexx21,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Any updated links to the DNA Splinter Z profiles?

I wouldn’t bother trying others TCR files, if you are like me, you’d want to actually know the TCR, and as I mentioned to you in the other thread, there is NO easy way to see the TCR value of a material file in Escribe. So better to download them from Steam Engine, or make your own.

Top Bottom