Spiritual development through vaporizing

thejonny2014

Hey guys. So, I'm realizing my love for the psychedelic side of cannabis and using it as a tool for spiritual development per se. With this train of thought, after concluding a 2 week t break, I want to get EXTREMELY high and basically have a psychedelic trip with it (not visually, but mentally). So, I want to try and vape around 3 bowls as quickly as possible before sitting alone, in silence, in a dark room.

How should I go about doing this? I have a bubbler I can hook it up to, but it still takes a while to finish a whole bowl, let alone 3.

Or, should I just resort to combusting for this expedition into my own mind?

Thanks everybody :)

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Just keep breathing vapors :D

I LOVE a good IPA with some dank. I very rarely drink now so this is a real treat, Stone Enjoy By 7/4/15...

5SmZK1p.png

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Munch on some edibles. I think I would just get dizzy and possibly sick if I smoked that much / quickly
Agreed, but unless he's in a medical state or up to make his own edibles... You can vape more but you can't uneat edibles! I've had a few really really uncomfortable experiences with overdoing edibles, I came out fine in the end but it wasn't fun. I got dizzy and sick from it... Some of my best experiences have been at a drum circle with 100+ strangers for hours peaking on edibles with my friends and just being :nod:

OF

So, I want to try and vape around 3 bowls as quickly as possible before sitting alone, in silence, in a dark room.

How should I go about doing this? I have a bubbler I can hook it up to, but it still takes a while to finish a whole bowl, let alone 3.

Perhaps you should consider how THC works and reconsider the project? What you want has to be psychological since there's a hard physiological limit. I hope I got that right, I'm trying to say 'it's all in your head' or most of it.

Basically THC in the blood takes seconds to find receptors in your brain and bind with them, mimicking normal activity. There are a fixed number of those receptors, once you've tied up the last one, more THC in the blood does you no more 'good'. Unlike alcohol and other drugs you can saturate, you can't get past 100%.

The rest of the trip is on you, another bowl will only make you cough. It might keep you high longer, but it can't get you higher. Unlike blazing where there's a whole host of nasty stuff also assaulting your nervous system.

http://headsup.scholastic.com/students/the-science-of-marijuana
http://science.howstuffworks.com/marijuana3.htm

I'm sure I'm about to get hit with 'BS, that's not how it works for me'......but in fact it's the way it works on us all from a strict medical/physiological point of view.

Enjoy your trip. I recommend a comfortable chair, low light and great music......but that's a personal call.

OF

DreamHaze

Psychonaughty
Hey guys. So, I'm realizing my love for the psychedelic side of cannabis and using it as a tool for spiritual development per se. With this train of thought, after concluding a 2 week t break, I want to get EXTREMELY high and basically have a psychedelic trip with it (not visually, but mentally). So, I want to try and vape around 3 bowls as quickly as possible before sitting alone, in silence, in a dark room.

Thanks everybody :)

dink alot of water. Stretch alot. do some yoga and load a couple bowls, put some chill music on, with some nag champa incense (celestial, midnight), and vape til you can't then just roll around in some sheets to some music.
feels good man. btw, eat an edible or two. it'll help.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@OF thanks for going about explaining things in a way that we can all understand. In another life you must have been a High School Science teacher.;)

I learn a lot from your posts. I notice too when I have an empty stomach I get more medicated.

OF

@OF thanks for going about explaining things in a way that we can all understand. In another life you must have been a High School Science teacher.;)

I learn a lot from your posts. I notice too when I have an empty stomach I get more medicated.

You're welcome, of course, glad to help out. Thanks for the kind words.

Yeah, I'm guilty of that and worse sins. Not HS, but I did teach "Industrial Arts" (mostly Electronics) at the local Community College (part time) for a lot of years all right. And in normal full time employment did a lot of formal and informal training both in local classrooms and internationally. Old habits and all that.

Teaching adults (as I mostly did) is entirely different than adults (and HS students are 'on the cusp' typically). Young students learn by rote (you memorized math tables and the alphabet before understanding them). You show them, they follow. Each new thing stands alone from a learning perspective. Adults only learn by linking new stuff to what they already 'know'. The learn complex skills (like say Algebra....) step by step. You can't skip to the end of the book for the answer. Until we understand why something is and how it fits in we don't accept it.

"Because I said so" doesn't really work with big people. Or so they preach in teacher school.

Thanks again. At ease, vape if you've got 'em.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
You're welcome, of course, glad to help out. Thanks or the kind words.

Yeah, I'm guilty of that and worse sins. Not HS, but I did teach "Industrial Arts" (mostly Electronics) at the local Community College (part time) for a lot of years all right. And in normal full time employment did a lot of formal and informal training both in local classrooms and internationally. Old habits and all that.

Teaching adults (as I mostly did) is entirely different than adults (and HS students are 'on the cusp' typically). Young students learn by rote (you memorized math tables and the alphabet before understanding them). You show them, they follow. Each new thing stands alone from a learning perspective. Adults only learn by linking new stuff to what they already 'know'. The learn complex skills (like say Algebra....) step by step. You can't skip to the end of the book for the answer. Until we understand why something is and how it fits in we don't accept it.

"Because I said so" doesn't really work with big people. Or so they preach in teacher school.

Thanks again. At ease, vape if you've got 'em.

OF
@OF your a cut above!
Top SHELL for sure!
Funny because I'm more of an academic than I was has a young gun!

OF

@OF
Funny because I'm more of an academic than I was has a young gun!

Isn't that a funny one? My 'take' is the ongoing process of 'making everything fit' drives it. You want to know 'the why' of what's going on, where as when younger the world held more mysteries and time was wastin'.

When it comes to being different from the rest, while you're clearly an expert on that, I don't see you in any position to go throwing stones........

Maybe we become more critical/questioning? Or maybe we just get bored as we age? In any case I think it's healthy and good. It should make sense somehow.

Thanks for the kind words,

OF

MinnBobber

... So, I'm realizing my love for the psychedelic side of cannabis and using it as a tool for spiritual development per se...............

I'd add:

--pick your cannabis strain wisely. After experiencing a huge "whitey" in Amsterdam that was very psychedelic, I looked up the strain on Leafly and there under effects was, may give you a psychedelic effects. It was Amnesia Haze. See if you can get this strain or search for others with psychedelic effects

-- bag it. The same whitey was my first Volcano experience. Two quick bags by myself and start of 3rd bag, I tell the budtender---I feel really really really bad. You can take BIG hits with bags.

Whitey included being able to hear all dozen conversations in the coffeeshop at once, being almost totally immobilized, nauseous, etc.

Good luck. Have handy plenty to drink, especially sugary sweet drinks which is the Amsterdam go-to for too much mj. It's a fine line. Have fun exploring....

The Caveman

The rest of the trip is on you, another bowl will only make you cough. It might keep you high longer, but it can't get you higher. Unlike blazing where there's a whole host of nasty stuff also assaulting your nervous system.

I'm sure I'm about to get hit with 'BS, that's not how it works for me'......but in fact it's the way it works on us all from a strict medical/physiological point of view.OF

This is very interesting because i came to the conclusion that my high pretty much plateau's after two bowls through the DBV

But i'm confused because edibles can genuinely get me much higher than vaping and i have to be extremely careful to take the appropriate dosage.

So why can edibles get me higher than vaporizing/smoking can?

OF

So why can edibles get me higher than vaporizing/smoking can?

Good question, I've never found solid written information on the topic. Otherwise knowledgeable folks have suggested the delay causes you psychological changes (as it 'creeps up on you') coupled with the longer sustained THC levels in the blood. That is as the sensors clear again (one at a time) they are nearly instantly jammed by another THC molecule (in smoking or vaping the level in the blood drops off more rapidly so you can 'sober up quicker'.

I like the "plateau" term. While 'saturation' might be more scientifically accurate, it sure feels like a plateau from the user side.

BTW, as I understand it this (acting on hormones/receptors in the body to cause effect) is what makes opiates more dangerous than say Valium. One drug is naturally limited in it's effect, a large overdose has little danger, the other is directly active on the body, ODs are much more likely to be serious. Alcohol would be in that group for instance. You can drink enough to see Elvis, but weed won't get it done.

OF

HomeFree

I got some spiritual development when I decided to eat a gram of non melt. That was back when I had a pretty large tolerance. I could sit down and smoke half a gram and get to a nice level, so decided to eat a gram.

Whoops. "Oh please g-man, I promise to be good if you just let me come down".

hahaha

it's wasn't too funny at the time though.

I got some spiritual development when I decided to eat a gram of non melt. That was back when I had a pretty large tolerance. I could sit down and smoke half a gram and get to a nice level, so decided to eat a gram.

Whoops. "Oh please g-man, I promise to be good if you just let me come down".

hahaha

it's wasn't too funny at the time though.
We just have to re-member: you will not die, except for the little deaths to selfishness that are necessary on the path. Humility is gained by letting go of expectations.
My2 cents. Getting higher spiritually is a function of attention. Cannabis can help us transcend the mundane particulars and is a chemically assisted way to experience that one-pointedness faster. Understand that the mind, by its nature, will produce thoughts (ideas, images, feelings, sensations, etc). If you stay in (or keep returning to) the place of watching, or attention, be prepared to deal with your own shit as it "comes up" to consciousness. You will experience not only the bliss, the euphoria, but the pain and the. sorrow. Keep turning it over, letting it go, to your higher power that/who is in control of all the minutiae of existence and experience. "You" will "die", but it is all good. It is also good to have a fellow with you on the pilgrimage journey who understands and supports you. Peace out bro.

Chill Dude

For me, if I overindulge with weed and as you stated "vape 3 bowls as fast as possible" I don't find it to be psychedelic at all. Doesn't mater if it's high grade Sativa or indica. Smoking that much quickly will simply get me glued to the couch staring blankly and I will soon drift off to sleep. With cannabis I frequently experience introspective thinking and increased creativity, but never a psychedelic experience.. I've definately had psychedelic experiences with psilocybin and LSD, but never cannabis...

Disclaimer: Chill Dude is in no way encouraging the use of psilocybin or LSD to achieve a spiritual psychedelic experience. It is strictly informational based on my previous experience with said drugs...

MoltenTiger

Perhaps you should consider how THC works and reconsider the project? What you want has to be psychological since there's a hard physiological limit. I hope I got that right, I'm trying to say 'it's all in your head' or most of it.

Basically THC in the blood takes seconds to find receptors in your brain and bind with them, mimicking normal activity. There are a fixed number of those receptors, once you've tied up the last one, more THC in the blood does you no more 'good'. Unlike alcohol and other drugs you can saturate, you can't get past 100%.

http://headsup.scholastic.com/students/the-science-of-marijuana
http://science.howstuffworks.com/marijuana3.htm

I'm sure I'm about to get hit with 'BS, that's not how it works for me'......but in fact it's the way it works on us all from a strict medical/physiological point of view.

Enjoy your trip. I recommend a comfortable chair, low light and great music......but that's a personal call.

OF
I'm not going to call BS, but it's much more complicated than this. If what you say is true, then there wouldn't be an amount of cannabis you could ingest that would be lethal. I've heard it being around 18kg over 15 minutes or some other outlandish figure, point being that as with water, too much of anything will end you. Furthermore, when people say they've 'greened out' where an extra hit doesn't have any noticeable effect, these people are still conscious, if you keep ingesting this will change.
Experience based reports are more to do with personal variables than the actual mechanics of what's happening, however everything known is reducible to experience. Every cell has cannabinoid receptors, over expose them to foreign cannabinoids and they desensitise and withdraw into the cell, giving you tolerance. There would still be much more to it than this, but basically that's one aspect of it on one of many levels.
THC isn't actually made by the body and if you have ever experimented with different structures of cannabinoids you will understand the immense differences in induced effect from the most minimal of differences in chemical structure. Some of these, especially types which bind to the CB1 and CB2 receptors, are much more toxic and have extreme psychoactive power similar to the potential of DMT, Psilocybin or LSD. I would not recommend trying anything synthetic, be it derivatives of cannabinoids or derivatives of the serotonin-like materials listed. I would also not recommend being over confident with natural alternatives. Furthermore and most importantly, I would recommend altering from saying something along the lines of 'you can only toke so much' as it's not quite true. To those who aren't aware of their tolerance, it's a bad idea to try, especially when there are concentrates and synthetics out there in bountiful supply. I've smoked over 12 cones in a row (over about 3-5 minutes, and I lost count) and although I'd agree each one did less than the previous it doesn't just stop working all of a sudden, and had I had that amount in one hit, although unlikely to the same level of absorption, it would have made me higher than being 'fully greened out' as I felt.

If there's one thing I can recommend when it comes to spiritual development through drug use, it is to become aware of the infinite scale of things before falling down an infinite hole, even though it won't make it any easier when you inevitably do, at least you were warned.

Top Bottom