Tek Spiderman's Oil Extravaganza!

Spiderman

oil baron
Im saying if you want to post real oil, feel free to do so here. If you want to get bogged down into silly questions like "why not vaporize off glass" or "why not isomerize, or co2 extract, or why not do runs of four ounces at once so you get way more oil?" then please, do so, but create your own thread to do so. You''re right, I don't own threads, but off-topic posting is generally frowned upon by all members of all communities.

Also, please in the future, respond to my actual post instead of one section of it. You're right, I did say you polluted the thread....which you clearly did, by posting something innane in here. If you want to get upset at me for saying so...well I'm sorry for pointing it out. I'll try to play nicer in the future.

If you want to discuss any of the *practical* oil or hash making methods, then thats very easily on topic. But complicated chemical reactions that may or may not produce a product that is very dangerous to the end user? Please keep them out of anything that bears my name. I dont claim to be an expert, but I dont want my name associated with threads which promote pouring hydrochloric acid on oil you plan to later ingest.

Spiderman,

Spiderman

oil baron
......Been awhile since i put anything up here......these pics arent new, but they're new to FC!

Figured i'd try to breathe a little life back into this thread.........would love to see more pics of oil from anyone trying to make some, and shit i'll even settle for some hash or sift pics ;) meltier the better!

picture.php4

picture.php4

picture.php4

Spiderman,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I'm always scared of destoying thc by directly burning the butan with a torch ...does it go faster than just let it boil till it solid ?

Clear_Dome,

Spiderman

oil baron
CD,

The trick is to keep the amount of torch time to a minimum. Matter of fact, you'll notice a point at which the bubbles stop flaming and start just smelling good. At that point, you're pretty much done purging.

Taking the torch to the oil for the purposes you use it (just popping bubbles) shouldnt damage the oil in any way....you can run your finger through a flame (no not your glassblowing torch) without burning it, so long as the contact time is short enough.

A little tip given to me the other day is to "rough up" the flame on your butane torch before popping bubbles, by altering the air-intake slightly to slightly reduce the amount of oxygen in the flame. Jet will be a little rougher around the edges, but should not be yellow at all (yellow in the flame is carbon, great way to get soot in your oil). Use this flame to pop bubbles, its slightly lower heat/pressure/w/e.

Spiderman,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
We have a very similar technique Spidey. I use the torch as a very gentle heat source to speed up the purging process. If you are careful it shouldn't affect the oil at all.
On that note...
BHO FTW. I can honestly say I am fully converted. "The One Hit Wonder" :p

35iq8g7.jpg

(A run from weeks ago)

Some videos
Taking some rips
Making some oil

BHO and sick glass. The best of both worlds.
bowdown.gif

SpiralArchitect,

Spiderman

oil baron
Good looking oil Spiral, glad to see you've been having some fun making it! Show us some pics of your vape and all that, people would love to see more im sure.

Spiderman,

Mark

John Brown
It depends how much plant matter you want in the oil. I peel it out into the original buds, maybe fluff them a little if possible. If that shit is to dense to even do that with, you would be better off grinding it, or QWISH instead of butane.

I save the 'tane for the premo. I usually use ISO for everything else.

Mark,

Spiderman

oil baron
Thanks for your input Mark. Iv generally found the best results with whole buds, grinding usually gives a darker, runnier, less tasty oil in my experience. It works great with nugs of just about any consistency, from vacuum packed to airy-nothingness buds.

Spiderman,

Mark

John Brown
Yea, I have not made oil from 'real' weed in quite some time, the shit I make my oil out of is usually leftovers from the plant, the huge stems, maybe some stalk, all the non fan leafs, the shake, and AVB.
Sometimes I use all of the above at once, make some mystery oil. I cut the stems and shit down with clippings to about 1cm each piece. Then throw all that shit into a grinder and dust it.

I wouldn't recommend Dusting it if it was real weed, but since I am already getting a lot of plant matter/green compared to using bud so no matter what I do with that low quality stuff, I may as well get everything.

Mark,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Dusting stems and leaves is really unnecessary, all the good shit is on the outside

bluntfaced,

Mark

John Brown
I need to make it fit in the jar and shakeable, it's more for ease of working with the product, and what I was trying to say was it's only worth it if it isn't bud.

Mark,

Mark

John Brown
How else do you stick 7 inch stems into a jar and shake em all up good with enough room for the rest of the shwag, without using a fuckload of ISO in the process?
Plus whatever you view as not worth it, I like the taste of the 'green' in the oil, I'll admit it isn't great oil, but it isn't suppose to be, and heck it's free.

Mark,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Well... The chunks look lovely but that bowl is awesome!! Love it! Is it a local artist thing??

Lo,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Damn I want a set up like that spork inline. My cat's always tryna hit the weed too clownin

bluntfaced,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
just curious spiral, when you are hitting that crafty little piece that like hinges and you heated it up; is that conduction vaping or combustion? sorry to go off topic just tryin to get a feel for the best way to vape the god's goo. ;)

illadelph,
Top Bottom