Tek Spiderman's Oil Extravaganza!

Spiderman

oil baron
Ok,

Please don't use heavily caustic chemicals to try to clean this out. Its not that complicated Go find some Isopropanyl/Rubbing Alcohol, and just use it. Its the easiest thing in the world, i guarantee you.

Also, Im not qute sure where washers come into the equation. Use nylon zipties (notice i said nylon? they have to be nylon) and brown paper coffee filter, trimmed of all the excess. I believe theres pics in this thread of one all ready to go. If not, i'll find some.

As far as preperation goes...Cryovac? no. Just use dry bud, in at least pea-sized chunks (keep it bigger, if you shred it too far you'll get green oil). Where did oyu read it shouldnt be packed too tight?
Its pretty hard to pack it too tight, and the tighter you pack, the more efficient your extraction will be. However, if you pack it unevenly, you will cause the material in the tube to shift while blasting, and cause a blowout.

The taper at the end is something I've seen in absolutely every SSTB iv ever seen, i dont think its specific to your brand.

Spiderman,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
cool i'll buy some Iso, I was just thinking of saving $ there, $30 for 500ml is ok i guess, i can use the leftover's for other shit.

thanx spiderman i was just a bit unsure, shouldn't have been i guess, like u said it's not that complicated.

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
ISO to clean, the only Fucken thing making me wait for the good oil :(
Tomozz will B :)

nice size the SSTB i should get nearly 1/2 an OZ in there lookin @ the bag of bud(give or take a few grams)

remember newb Spidz, is thinking about puting this into gelcaps a bad move, i'm thinking of eating a dose without the cooking thing, or a thing to store if i'm going out 4 the day etc. I have seen video of peep's using a needle to run some along a piece of cigarette.

Cannabudz,

Spiderman

oil baron
Id guess closer to 10 grams, but good luck! Go through the whole process a few times in your head before starting....and thats pretty much it. Do it outside, away from sparks. Be careful.

Spiderman,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
it's cool i'm aware of the risk's, & i'll take all precaution's such as gloves etc , & i see 300 ml for 9 grams as a starting point :cool:

Cannabudz,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
isopropyl isnt that toxic unless u drink a shot lol, methanol os what you need to be really careful with

so how do you get your oil hard? this sounds awesome and ive never heard of it before... i might get one of those okief tubes for when i start growing and toss the lower buds and the stems and leaves in and make bho...

but i want to hear more about hardening/budderizing... oil is sticky and hard to deal with as a liquid... id be nice just to break off a chunk and toss it in the vape

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
i could have got rubbing alcohol for $8 a botlle but i wanted pure and clean so i'm waiting for the dearer stuff 3X the $, i told my pharmacy i wanted to clean food equipment packing grease and leave no residue :)

I learn't the value of relationship's just b4 i went to another pharmacy thinking i might get the ISO i'm after in a smaller amount,(less$ maybe) nothin doin he wasn't gonna be any part of it no special order like my usual pharmacy, so there you go if ur after purer than rubbing alcohol you just may not get it in sunny Q land , unless you sweet talk a pharmacist you know, Shocking isn't it :lol: (fucken stupid Restriction's slowing the pace of Education & entertainment :rolleyes:

Oh by the way iv'e allway's considered my country as rather tightly controlled in a not so subtle way, Shroom Country (generally speaking of course :lol:) The Clued in ones seem to like to keep it too emselves i guess, BHO is so underground in OZ no body i know has a clue about it, i'd never heard of it B4 joining this forum, apart from seeing a brief vid of some Doood with homemade pvc goin @ it on youtube, No doubt about it getting a PC And ISP was a good move. :)

Cannabudz,

Spiderman

oil baron
Acolyte,

if the oil is liquidy, its got solvent left in it.

At room temperature, properly purged cannabis oil will be a hard, glassy substance that resembles rock candy.
If air is forced into the oil, it will change texture/consistency into a softer, more buttery substance. Continued whipping at this point can eventually force the budder to turn to powder.

Spiderman,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Cannabudz said:
cool i'll buy some Iso, I was just thinking of saving $ there, $30 for 500ml is ok.
Highway robbery more like it.:\

If all you're doing is cleaning the stainless steel turkey baster, brush and some hot soapy water should be fine.

What kind of butane will you be using?

vtac,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Newport exrta purified, i checked out some Venti @ bunnings hardware yesterday, i used one of thier flash barbeque outfit's with the "glass" hood to check it's residue :lol:

I was thinking about just the soapy water thing, but i just don't want to waste $160 worth of Bud, to save $30 bucks, the ISO will b here in a few hours so it's all good, I hope :lol:

Cannabudz,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I'm not vouching for any of these brands, just felt this was worth posting.

EDIT: Read post #90

Okief.com said:
Some brands of butane contain a smell to them. This smell is added by the manufacturer so that humans can detect if there is a leak. This smell is know as Mercaptans or Sulfur Dioxide (Rotten Egg Smell) and in high doses or prolonged doses can be a serious health risk. The brands that often contain these additives are usually cheap brands and camping brands.

Some brands that we have found to be good: COLIBRI, NEWPORT, CORA, CTC, COLTON, DUNHILL, DAVIDOFF, FACKELMAN, WIN, NIBO, SAROME, CALOR GAS MATCH, UNILIGHT, K2, SUPERGAS, VENTTI, VECTOR, and King butane. However this in no way is a complete list.

If ever in doubt you can do a mirror test as follows: Take a mirror or piece of glass and spray some butane onto it. A good amount. (You may need some pliers to press the nozzle in) Wait about 5-10mins for the butane to evaporate and check the mirror for a white residue like the kind pictured. The residue also smells bad. Don?t confuse water condensation for residue. Also even colibri leaves a very slight residue, but it doesn?t smell. Check for Smell.
afterfs9.jpg

(bad residue from cheap butane)

vtac,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Yesterday i did check for smell(instinctive prolly)& didnt smell anything, incidentally the venti i saw yesterday came from England, does the source country have anything to do with it, i'm thinking maybe :). I am curious about something if the purged BHO is like hard & glassy how do peep's use it as an oily viscous substance for wiping on ciggarette papers etc or "Salad" dressing. Ive seen this stuff in solid & liquid form, without fully understanding i'm just a little unsure .

OH more reading etc. might have my answer, heating makes it viscous and of couse stiring @ the same time = budder if the raw product is good enough, iv'e been watching hashbean vids too :) I see a lot of him in me :D, like no bitches in his vid's 4 a start clearly all of his "Resourses" R directed to the pursuit of Cannabis. :cool: :D

Thats a pretty obvious White residue :o Vtac Thanx so much for helping Educate us Poor Ignorant Fuck's :lol: I say that after trying to read about Isomerization & getting completely lost in the Unfamiliar Jargon(that's expert's, baffle yah with Bullshit to obscure the truth)sort of joking there :), maybe i should have paid more attention in science,At school, it's not too late of course i'm a long way off infirmed i think :lol: :)

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman

Sweeet it's potent and tastee in the VG it's Top's I got 9 grams of bud in the SSTB, obviously my raw product could be better, sometime's is :0 :)

finger hash too hey :) sticky shit

I'll definately be doin this shit whenever ive got enough materials Siiiiick ,

Cannabudz,

Spiderman

oil baron
Please dont buy King. Back when newport published that quote, King was still pretty good. I dunno what ahppened, but King has started puttin a LOT of mercaptan back into their tane. The last 3 or 4 times iv bought King, i wished I hadnt as soon as i smelt the tane. I wouldnt use it for BHO.

You want my recommendation? I use Vector, and nothing but.

Spiderman,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
yeah spidz piece of piss,tooo easy, with respect of course :)

iv'e got a coffee machine with a great cup warmer too :)

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
BHO is Gooood MK, I felt like being a bit out there VC :lol: VG might not be perfect route but it's pretty good over green melted & lives long :)

Cannabudz,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
Spiderman said:
Please dont buy King. Back when newport published that quote, King was still pretty good. I dunno what ahppened, but King has started puttin a LOT of mercaptan back into their tane. The last 3 or 4 times iv bought King, i wished I hadnt as soon as i smelt the tane. I wouldnt use it for BHO.

You want my recommendation? I use Vector, and nothing but.
k, thanks for saving me :tup:

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Spiderman

oil baron
Cannabudz,
Funny that you should post that image. That was taken by Hashmasta-Kut, who's tutorial for oil making is the one I follow. HMK also invented (with help from his sister, who blows glass) the "kutpipe" or oil vaporizer that I have. And that picture, specifically? Its the image that I associate more than any other with BHO, and has been my background for months now.

Good eye ;)

Spiderman,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Yep, stupid to cheap out on the 'tane. Colibri was the best I could find here and drove 2 hours to get it.

Glad you had some success, Cannbudz. How is the consistency? I prefer to 'dress my salad' with it but I think if you really want to get the most out of BHO, hot Ti or ceramic (conduction) is the way to go. Hits you pretty fucking hard. ;) No vegetable matter so minimal combustion.

P.S. you are a wildman. :D

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hehe I'm waitong my kiln and after I'll work on ti TI TI YUMMYY TI TI TI TI TI TI

I'm so freakin hury to try thise vap ....pretty it will knok more than any other vap on :D

Clear_Dome,
Top Bottom