Tek Spiderman's Oil Extravaganza!

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
i just worked out where i was goin wrong with googling dmt etc :lol: -------sorry I talk french so I just dont understand :ninja:

Clear_Dome,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Cannabudz said:

mmmm this shit's gonna be fun
Whoa you got one already? Pretty quick. Get ready to rock, just play safe with the 'tane. If you have any questions feel free, Spiderman knows a thing or two about BHO. ;)

Cannabudz said:
i just worked out where i was goin wrong with googling dmt etc :lol:

it's a li'll off thread, but i'l share anyway i tried vaping about a gram of 70%+ coke with my green's last night
New thread please, let's keep this one on topic, all about the honey caramel.

But, please do share, I'm intrigued to hear about vaping other substances. :tup:

vtac,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
NW VT, hey man any word on a problem, i just tried to order an okief tube & was declined any idea's or other options for a keen OZy :p

Cannabudz,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Oh, I thought that pic you posted was your tube.

I ordered with an epassporte visa, no problems. What error did it give you?

You could do the stainless steel turkey baster thing like CD poster earlier. Or, use some stainless steel pipe and clamp on the screen, hardest part is getting a good cap that fits the butane valve. I'd stay far away from PVC. :2c:

vtac,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
it didn't say , just declined, i sent them an email,i hope they respond these thing's look the bomb, i could go the plastic honey bee extractor about 20 euro's from one of the head shops i guess, i did see the turkey baster idea(which looks dead easy to make happen & i'm seriously considering it tomorrow, i may have found a place for stainless sreening that you can't get from bunnings :( . i saw a video of hashbean with the okief tubes which is why i'm keen on those.

Cannabudz,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Love your passion for these things Cannabudz. You obviously don't have any ankle biters sucking you dry of every hard earnt dollar :ko:

vaporcloud,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Ah well nice stainless turkey baster on it's way 4 now, i'll have something like an okief tube one day but, ooh i'm looking foward to tha amber honey.

No stoppin me now :lol:

I thought of the answer for the stainles steel wire mesh, just cut up a tea strainer, cheap and easy, the kitcten shears/scissors should do it, at least till i can get some joy out of okief, one head shop wanted my DOB to sell & mail a plastic honeybee x to me, i'm a newb but i thought fuck that real quick, so home made it is 4 now :)

Cannabudz,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
LOL I also use the ss turkey baster with a fine SS screen too and it work realy well but probably a bite less efecient than the super nice one of vtact .........but it work good and will last you a lot of time if you clean it welll ...I must have mine since at least 3-4 year and still make some good honey :D

Clear_Dome,

Spiderman

oil baron
Lookin great Vtac, now tane that shit up!!!!!

C_D, i never have that problem, I buy it at a smokeshop that i've been goin to for a couple years.....they know exactly what I'm doin with it :D

edit: whoops, missed like 8 posts before....

C_D, as far as efficiency goes, a buddy of mine uses a SSTB almost solely, and has been gettin incredibly great efficiency....numbers that really impressed me.

As far as a screen goes, the easiest thing to do is buy nylon zipties (gotta be nylon, otherwise they leach chemicals into your oil) and brown coffee filters. trim off the excess coffee filter. Don't use wet trim, and you can use a couple layers if you want to for added strength. I use one, but I've been packing tubes for a little bit now, and i didnt start that way.

For adapters to fit the SSTB.....go buy a can of Vector, it comes with a little plastic ring of nozzle adapters. Find one that fits, you shouldnt have any difficulty. Take the needle off before you do so.

Also, SSTB's MUST BE CLEANED BEFORE USE. They are packaged with some factory grease or shit in them, it will get in your oil and WILL fuck it up. They come with a brush, easiest way to clean it is to just put the brush halfway in, pour a little isopropanyl in, and brush around till clean.

If i missed anything.....my bad, just let me know.

Spiderman,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Cannabudz said:
i could go the plastic honey bee extractor about 20 euro's from one of the head shops i guess
Fuck plastic, why even risk leeching chemicals into your oil? We want pure THC. ;)

Yeah, to be honest the stainless steel turkey baster (SSTB :lol:) looks like it'd probably be more efficient with it's smaller diameter compared to an okeif. You can buy those lab grade rubber stoppers with holes through the middle, fit one of the adapter nozzles into it and bam.

vtac,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
I'm thinking the SSTB is a great improv, & i'm sure glad i'm onto it thanks to you fucken maniac's,:lol: any links or suggestions for curing,(or alternatives consistencies that can be acheived) hope i don't come off as lazy i just suck @ using search engines :)

just got an email from Okief, my bank knocked it 4, 1 of 2 reasons oh well , i'm good 4 now, i'll give em another try after iv'e had a run or 2 with the SSTB.

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Or is bho ready to use straight away without any extra treatment after the butane has evaporated. it's just that iv'e seen different look's in the finished product.

Cannabudz,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Read this thread in its entirety from the beginning including links. I think you'll find the answers you seek. Specifically post #7 ;)

And if not, ask again. Make sure you understand the safety precautions too.

vtac,

Spiderman

oil baron
BHO is, at least from what iv seen, the one form of pot that doesnt seem to benefit from any curing process.

Cannabudz, I think what you're referring to is "buddering" your oil. The technique was made popular in part by BudderKing and foaf, and although many claim they have a secret way to, the way i know is to take a glob of high quality bho (must be high quality, low quality will not budder), put it on a pyrex plate, put it in low heat, and whip it with a pin or paperclip. this whipping introduces air into the oil, and eventually, the oil changes to a much waxier substance, which resembles butter in texture and opacity. You can, in the case of very high grade oil, contnue whipping this into a powder form. However, as far as iv seen, this is entirely unneccessary, and may in fact cause your oil to degrade in the open air. Rock hard "shatter" oil doesnt seem to degrade over the course of weeks or even months in air, longer than that I'd recommend jarring it.

And definitly read the links in post #7 of this thread, the kut tech is the one you want to follow. Easiest (and my favorite) way to do bho, gave me shatter on my first try.

Get makin!

Spiderman,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
i'll aslo agree with spiderman ,I prefer hard rock oil than budderized oil ....and imo hard rock is more easier deal with ....but if you absolutly wanna budderize your oil I think (if my memory is good) that Hash bean had make a video on youtube about how it work (this guy is loco man ...realy ;) but a good loco LOL) any i'll try to find the link as soon as I have a chance

Clear_Dome,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
I an so amped 4 xtracts now, but i so need a better understanding of chemistry, @ least i know what i want now :lol:

It's only taken nearly 30 years of my adult life :( , better late than never.

Do any of you peeps here who bho, Grind ur herb for another run to get low grade honey (4 eating etc) this Q? is more 4 the buyer than the grower :)

Cannabudz,

Spiderman

oil baron
Forget it. You can, but the oil is gonna come out pretty nasty. Of course, if you like pipe resin, then this may be up your alley...

Spiderman,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Nah i'll pass on nasty shit, I was checkin some cool titec titanium Flat mountainbike handlebars about 22 mm, could this be a good idea for an alternative to the SSTB for an efective improv butane tube, especially travelling around with ur bike hey, im thinking easily removable handgrips(allen key).

I got the idea from some other bloke using bike parts for BHO, Titanium seems a better option than other materials such as my nice CT2 (E) carbon fibre handlebars, if i'm wrong there please correct me. :)

Cannabudz,

Spiderman

oil baron
Just use the SSTB. ITs easy to find, efficient, effective, and excellent.

Adapting your bike handlebars to bho-making is going to be extremely difficult. Also, they're gonna have factory grease in there, and chances are some metal shavings as well. You can clean it, sure, but the SSTB is about as close as you can get to something pre-made, ready to rock.

Spiderman,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Cool, i'm waiting 4 a SSTB in the mail, I was just curious about how the bike part type thing might have worked out ( way too much fucking around prolly) :)

i'm a bit of a bike head :lol: not just a pothead :lol:

it came today i'm so stoked to be trying something new, hope fully i'll have enough herb to do a run in a couple a day's :p , Inspecting the SSTB i can totally see that this is gonna kickarse, great advice guy's thanx spiderman & other's, i'll be thinking of you fine peep's when i'm inhaling some pure THC. :D

I like making my own salad dressing when I eat, Why should vaping be any different :brow:

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
can i clean this thing with hydrocloric acid, drain cleaner(caustic soda) or has it gota be pure alcohol

oh and how best to prepare compressed bud (cryovac ) or do i just shove it in there without overthinking the whole process :) Ive read it shouldn't be packed too tight of course, which is why i'm asking, cause i'd rather not waste precious Bud thanx again.

note the taper at the end perfect for the zip tie and i can use a stainless screen from the E and some washers with the paper filter, this brand is Hoffritz.

Cannabudz,
Top Bottom