Speeding the process?

hiddenfortress

I'm interested in any tips you more experienced vaporists have on speeding up the ingestion process. I have a DBV (for about 2-3 weeks -- gets hazy in there!) and use a simple water bottle bong. The same amount of herb that would take about 5 minutes to comfortably hit in a pipe seems to take 15 or so minutes in the DBV, before reaching the same desired state.

I take what look and feel like reasonably large hits, I'm satisfied with the high, but it seems like taking in a higher percentage of cannabinoids than with smoking should get you there faster, not slower. I'm not sucking every minute, but I usually do have to be conscious of how long things are taking.

Cheers.

hiddenfortress,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
The only way to speed up would be raise the temperature which could depend a lot on preference of thc or cbd/cbd dominated highs. The process of vaporizing in theory is cooking the cannabis rather than burning it one go so it would obviously take more time.

With vaporizing it is a time consuming quality process comparatively to smoking .As they say the thing with walking is the journey and not the destination. Although both get well represented after you finish vaporizing a bowl.:brow::lol::D

audiodelic,

steiner666

Serial vapist
yeah using a higher temp is about the only way to reduce the # of hits it takes to cash a bowl. but then you may be burning off some of the lighter actives and wasting them (visible exhales are wasteful) and risking combustion, and sacrificing flavor. it also depends on the vape. for example, since switching from a ssv to a herbalaire it takes me less than half as much time to vape the same amount. Thats because there is no grinding before hand, or stirring in between hits, since the herb is heated evenly throughout.

steiner666,

max

Out to lunch
it seems like taking in a higher percentage of cannabinoids than with smoking should get you there faster, not slower
Vapor isn't smoke. The theory is that vapor is absorbed more slowly than smoke. I'd have to agree.

max,

rotax

Zaporist
Hold it, Hold it...Hold it. Exhale.
15 seconds or so is a good target.
But, don't borderline O2 deprivation...unless of course you don't mind the side effects of such things. :p

With vaping you don't really want to be exhaling large clouds of vapor, thats basically a waste of product.
Any vapor exhaled is not being absorbed..

Hold that hit! :ko: :brow:

In general, vape high does come on slower as well. Sometimes minute(s) versus seconds.
I've especially noticed this when vaping kief, which somewhat lacks the flavor that green has.
It doesn't "feel" like much is happening as you hit it...so you hit it again...and by that time, its nigh-night time. :o

rotax,

Qbit

cannabanana
The good stuff (THC and the other cannabinoids) take about 15 mins to kick in fully, whether you're vaping or smoking. But in smoke there's a whole lot of other crap (gasses, particulates) that will make you woozy straight away - and then make you feel a bit sick. But by that time you're probably stoned.

Qbit,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
i used to bong and only took two at a time, but i realized it was CO2 that was helping me step back, now that it's only vapor i stay longer, but holding them in helps shorten the session.

I use the Mantra, "Respect The Hit," to remind myself to hold it in, no matter whether it felt like good vapor to air ratio or not, because i notice otherwise i exhale too soon, ten seconds, instead of a full 20-40 seconds, which is where the magic happens for me.

two or three hits held for 30-40 seconds is very different from 5-7 hits held for 8 seconds each.

VWFringe,
Top Bottom