Specific MJ laws of Cali

Trixer

So I have been debating for a while now about relocating to a more populated and dare I say civilized land, I have been looking into some of the larger citys of the USA, as well as smaller cities around them. I have noticed alot of medical users on this forum, and I am wondering if anyone can specifically help me with the laws for MJ in cali.

For instance, I have a really really bad case of ADD, im one of those people who you can be talking to about nuclear physics, and I will cut you off with something like "ohh a butterfly.. that reminds me of the butterfly effect.. " and boom.. ADD grabs me and its over... plus lack of focus..

I dont like traditional medications because well they make me feel like im being trapped inside of my head (anyone who has taken such meds will kind of understand what im saying) and I dont end up taking them long enough to get past that period because well I dont like em.

Im wondering if I could get a script for that in cali, or if I would need to have something like cancer lol.

Please enlighten me!

Thanks in advance.

Trixer,

hopandstop

Cannabis-supporting physicians do not limit their recommendations to only cancer patients.

Not sure how in-depth we are allowed to go into MMJ laws on this forum, but I suffer from chronic migraines and have had a recommendation for 2+ years. I know of a few co-workers who have recommendations for depression, pain from a knee-surgery-gone-wrong from years ago, etc. Conditions can run the gamut.

Best of luck!

hopandstop,

Cr8z13

You shouldn't have any problem getting a script, you just need to go to a MMJ-friendly doc. The place I went to has a list of potential ailments they're willing to treat. Check it out here, and yes, ADD is on the list.

Cr8z13,

Trixer

Thank you guys for your rapid responses!

My ADD has seriously started to effect my life (well its always been effecting it I have just now started to niotice) I have been treating it under the table for many years now, but its starting to get where supplies are short and its really starting to effect me.....

Thus I am thinking about seeking a better qaulity of life some place where I can be treated properly. I will have to check the job market there for my field.

This is going to be an extremely slow proccess for me... but at least im taking the right step.. my head doctor says taking the first step is well the first step.. I used to think she was the crazy one, but I think it really is me this time lol

Trixer,

hopandstop

Trixer,

I can identify with you. I am from the east coast originally, in the boondocks of the south, and needed a change of something. Everyone knew your business, were closed-minded and racist. No room for career advancement (I do not want to be a hog/turkey farmer, or a nurse). That's not me at all.

I searched and searched and CA needed to be my new home. The difference in the quality of life is drastic, for the better. I would never be who and what I am if I had not moved here. Of course, living in LA makes you adapt, as fast as things are here.

So I drove 2,300 miles to get here. Knew no one and just jumped in. It was, and still is, the best decision I've made in life.

While I did not move out here for medical purposes, it is a big step but one well worth taking. Best of luck to you again!

hopandstop,

Trixer

Thanks alot man!

Yeah dude I live in south bama, so I know EXACTLY what your talking about!!!!

I am orginally from nashville TN, which is a little bit better but not much.... I am tired of the people around here, and the way they think.

*ques cheers theme song music*

Its not just medical purposes, I do a job that should be making close to 60k a year, and instead im lucky if I scrape in 20k include side work for my talents.... its crazy. I bust my but for things that should be bringing me huge amounts of pay, and am lucky to bring home 300 at the end of the week after taxes

I COULD WORK FAST FOOD AND MAKE THE SAME AMOUNT!

then my boss wonders why I apear to have a poor work ethic, when he wont pay me what im worth.

Its a sad sad place the south, if you want to farm, work on cars, be a nurse, as you said then yeah you have a place here, but everything else.. people just dont understand...

How hard was it for you to find life sustaining work? Is the job market pretty open there? Also whats the cost of living in that area, I mean, I figure im going to need to save a decent bit to just get started there.

More details please! :)

Trixer,

hopandstop

I will be brutally honest with you, because that's what I would want as well. Most people that claim California is impossible to live in (family, friends, Fox News)... don't listen.

I came to CA with $3000.

Yes, it has been a tiny bit difficult, but in no ways impossible.

Depending on your career, there's always room everywhere for someone. Just look within a 25 mile radius and don't be afraid to have a bit of a commute. An hour is normal. 2 isn't rare, but doable if necessary. Driving isn't as bad as the tales say, but traffic can frustrate you to no end.

Cost of living is higher than usual (rent varies from $800 to $999,999,999,999,999,999,999, but I typically see 1 bedrooms from $900+). The Valley is your best bet for decent rent. Plus the valley rules. Other bills/services are roughly the same as elsewhere.

Back on topic, as Cr8z13 linked, there's literally nothing a doctor could turn you away for be cannabis helps in so many ways.

Cannabis should not be in the position it is in.

hopandstop,

CrazyCracker

Where in California were you thinking of living? What kind of work will you be looking for?

CrazyCracker,

Trixer

Havent decided where, was thinking LA or outskirts, have always been a city boy my self and perfer places that never sleep (I am a night owl really)

As far as work goes, I am a software developer.

Trixer,

CrazyCracker

Trixer said:
Havent decided where, was thinking LA or outskirts, have always been a city boy my self and perfer places that never sleep (I am a night owl really)

Awesome! I used to be into that, never got much past visual basic lol...

I would start trying to line up a job and go from there. (Im assuming you arnt self employed, more power to you if you are) The night life is pretty great nearby hollywood. I was living there for a while and in Riverside for a while (60 miles east). The outskirts definitely dont have the same nightlife, but you can be in the thick of it within 30-45 min. The SF bay area and san diego are also great for that. Vegas Reno and Lake Tahoe are amazing late night towns (no last call, 24 hour everything). But medical mj isnt as available and the recession hit harder there than most major metropolitan areas of cali.

CrazyCracker,

Trixer

CrazyCracker said:
Trixer said:

Awesome! I used to be into that, never got much past visual basic lol...

I would start trying to line up a job and go from there. (Im assuming you arnt self employed, more power to you if you are) The night life is pretty great nearby hollywood. I was living there for a while and in Riverside for a while (60 miles east). The outskirts definitely dont have the same nightlife, but you can be in the thick of it within 30-45 min. The SF bay area and san diego are also great for that. Vegas Reno and Lake Tahoe are amazing late night towns (no last call, 24 hour everything). But medical mj isnt as available and the recession hit harder there than most major metropolitan areas of cali.
Visual basic.net is a completely viable language for professional programming so don't let that get your goat, people start using C# or C++ and think they have transcended to some higher level of coding and in most cases they haven't.

I'm not a big clubbing fan, I am not really looking for "night life" as much as I am things open at night. If I want to go get food at 2am then I want options besides waffle house. Though I do tend to like comedy clubs and calm atmospheres type places, I don't do well in dance clubs, I have this thing about crowds, and people touching me... Its weird I know..

Trixer,
Top Bottom