SPAM on FC

Summer

Long Island, NY
I, too, share your sentiments @stickstones.

Anything we can do about all the bogus threads popping up?

Do what I've been doing. As soon as I see it, I hit the Report Button. I do this something when I see a "Please delete" post & for my own please delete posts. And if I see that someone marked their classified as sold, but didn't lock the thread so it's still listing in the For Sale thread, I'll report it. Now what I'm doing is when any newbie asks how to delete a post, I tell them straight-off to report it. Maybe it will hit a cord with some old timers & they, too, will start to report. It's just so much easier for us to flag posts as we come across them than it is for the mods to have to scour every post of ever thread for posts noted as Please Delete.

ginolicious

I, too, share your sentiments @stickstones.

Do what I've been doing. As soon as I see it, I hit the Report Button. I do this something when I see a "Please delete" post & for my own please delete posts. And if I see that someone marked their classified as sold, but didn't lock the thread so it's still listing in the For Sale thread, I'll report it. Now what I'm doing is when any newbie asks how to delete a post, I tell them straight-off to report it. Maybe it will hit a cord with some old timers & they, too, will start to report. It's just so much easier for us to flag posts as we come across them than it is for the mods to have to scour every post of ever thread for posts noted as Please Delete.

I never thought about that. I’m gonna start doing the same.

Baron23

Reporting posts is the most effective way as Summer said. Please don't be afraid of hitting that report button!

:peace:
Yeah, Stu...absolutely. But I opened the forum yesterday I believe and I would bet that 90% of the first four pages of "new posts" was Chinese spam.

I know... you are not the admin....and the admin ...well, let's leave it at that.

Baron23,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Yeah, Stu...absolutely. But I opened the forum yesterday I believe and I would bet that 90% of the first four pages of "new posts" was Chinese spam.

I know... you are not the admin....and the admin ...well, let's leave it at that.
When that happens, it's usually one (or a few) spammer(s) that makes 100+ threads while I'm sleeping. They don't all need to be reported, so I wouldn't ask someone to do that. When I ban them in the AM I only need to take action one time and it removes all their spam.
Wouldn't a lot of spam issues be solved by not allowing someone with less than 25 or 50 posts to start a thread?
Yes there are several ways we can go about solving the spam issues. I want to make all new accounts have their first post approved by a moderator for example. Unfortunately we can't do any of them until @vtac returns.

:peace:

Top Bottom