1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Southern California dispensaries

Discussion in 'Medical Discussion' started by DrSteez, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Grifo

Grifo Well-Known Member

i also renewed it .

2. Shooby

Shooby Sapphire Dabs

Stating a bunch in my mind means, i can drive and visit over 10 legit complaint dispensaries in less than an hour. Like Target, I can drive to 6 or more targets in an hour and to me, thats a bunch for the irvine area. You say 18 legit dispensaries is in the Santa Ana city alone. Thats a lot! I was thinking more like a dozen and was happy to have a half dozen or more within 3 miles of my home to easily go to.

If I tell you I will get back to you ASAP, how long do you think that is? to me, that means a month maybe but to others, it may mean 5 mins. Point is, each person has their own definition of bunch.

I def. will renew 12/21 when mine expires. And i get to go back to Medmen and get the FTP deal over again!

Aizen-sama likes this.
  3. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

This is out of San Diego and has about as many different aspects as can be considered to come to some conclusion. It is not meant to apply to any individual OR to Orange County. It's just how one DA interprets the law. (The court has not found on the issue yet. The other defendants have pled out. The attorney has not.)

At:
    http://www.omarfigueroa.com/2017/07...an-diego-in-case-of-lawyer-jessica-mcelfresh/

It seems the prosecutor is arguing getting a recommendation and/or (I assume) joining a collective might be evidence of a crime. You can't assume less legal risk by doing things, um...legally? And, that does not discuss those who did not follow procedure or who misrepresented something to get the rec.

The key quote related to this discussion:
    The prosecutor, Mr. Del Portillo, argued that if Ms. McElfresh has a medical marijuana recommendation, or is in possession of recommendations, that is evidence either of an affirmative defense (a reference to the medical cannabis defense, which technically is a limited immunity from prosecution rather than an affirmative defense) or evidence of her joining a criminal conspiracy.

If Ms. McElfresh is part of a collective, argued Del Portillo, she is part of a conspiracy. Judge Halgren stated that the Court does not see the search warrant as authorizing a search of medical records for defendant’s medical marijuana recommendation, but that the Court will not issue a final ruling until it obtains the special master’s report.
    Edit:
    High Times has the case still in process as of 11/21/17.
    https://hightimes.com/news/med-west-defendants-accept-plea-deal/

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 4:50 PM
  4. asdf420

asdf420 Member

Fucking "justice" bastards...

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors