1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Southern California dispensaries

Discussion in 'Medical Discussion' started by DrSteez, Jan 11, 2017.

1. DrSteez

DrSteez Well-Known Member

Which have you found to be best in quality? In regards to both flowers and concentrates.

Also, specifically in Orange County, are there any good quality dispensaries?

As far as I have experienced, tlc is great, but far if you live in OC. Gtr in OC is too much hype with better than ok flowers.

Any suggestions?

mixchu69 likes this.
  2. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

The "best in quality" I've seen is at 420 Central in Santa Ana. Both because of the high quality of some of their stock and because it is a legal dispensary (And all the cost associated with that.), they ask a high price for their product. I suppose there are those who can appreciate the quality and the price might be fair. To me, while I could afford it, I don't really appreciate it. I can tell (sometimes). It's just that it really doesn't matter to me.

I guess it's like wine. I tend to not really enjoy expensive wine. I can taste the complexity of the flavors, but I prefer a mid-range.

There are a ton of...a...independent dispensaries in the area as well. There, the quality is more hit and miss. The price is more reasonable and you might feel as though you get better value. And, every once in a while, their hookup comes through and you can get real quality for a fair price.

Even there, there are differences. Some places specialize in flower and others in concentrates. Some stick with a fairly small amount of strains and preparations and others take all comers for a wide variety. It all depends. Do you have any criteria you are focusing upon?

3. DrSteez

Mainly good quality flowers.

As per concentrates I feel like oil refinery and ce solutions and dablife do a great job.

Unfortunately, as per flowers, most places it seems, smells good but tastes nothing like it smells. Super harsh and not tasty smoke.

4. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Cornerstone Research but they're not in Orange County.

Receptor and mestizo like this.
  5. mixchu69

mixchu69 Well-Known Member

I frequent GTR in Anaheim for edibles and oil, but don't like their flowers. Too much popcorn. From the earth in Santa Ana has best quality flowers I've seen, but they charge 60 an 1/8th for their top of the line flowers. Please let me know if you find any good shops. I always like visiting new dispensaries.

6. Buildozer

Buildozer Baked & Fried

@DrSteez, Have you tried Trees R Us in Garden Grove?

At GTR, I always found it really annoying the way they all stop what they're doing to group cheer for every person who walks in the door :bang: and I always felt like I had to settle on flowers at GTR, they always had only popcorn nugs for every strain every time I've been there.

7. mestizo

mestizo Well-Known Member

From the Earth, Santa Ana.
    Prices are above average but I haven't found a better selection anywhere in the OC, not that there isn't better anywhere just haven't visited all the places mentioned above, concentrate list is unbelievable.
    Cornerstone Reserch Collective beats them all in my opinion in flowers, not only they have the highest quality, but you'll find the same flowers you like time after time, they don't change growers like other dispensaries.

Edit: you'll find the same flowers time after time, except Kilimanjaro, sorry @lwien, some day, keep the faith.

Receptor likes this.
  8. DrSteez

TSA seems to have decent quality flowers. The thing with GTR is, i pick up a bunch of individual grams and then find the best one, and then call and ask for that grower and all of his strains. But then again it is a hit or a miss. They do sometimes have concentrate deals.

For quality, From the Earth and SCSA have good flowers, but I can't seem to justify the $60/3.49g. But if you havn't gone there, be sure to check it out---their first time patient deal is buy one get one free 1/8. So, you pay 60 for top shelf and you can get 7g of that strain. So, at that price it's definitely worth it.

Besides that, I've been flocking to LA to get flower and concentrates. Specifically TLC in East LA. VERY high quality flowers and very good and high quality concentrates, all from trim run to sugar run to live resin and premium nug run. Prices are great too. 1/8==45 tops, but can get to be $30 and concentrates you never pay more than 60/g ever. Most live resins are 40-60/g and nug runs are around 25-50/g

But, the 5 is always such a bitch, especially at the citadel. But I think its worth it for the most part.
    I havn't tried that place. I'll check it out and possibly check it out tomorrow!

BYE!!!!! WELCOME!!!!!

yea, i've been there a few times, but only really got thrills out of first time patient deal. Even their special super purple weed was subpar. I've never heard of cornerstone before. I'll definitely have to check that out.

mixchu69 and mestizo like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors