Source Orb Pen Vape

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I recieved all of my atomizer from SV btw. Big fan of the XL and XXL atomizers
I am still waiting on the XXL quartz nail atomizer. Have you gotten your hands on one of these yet? If so, how are they? Can you load them up and still get good flavor on consecutive hits without much degradation to the taste/flavor?

nosmoking,

Curtball

I am still waiting on the XXL quartz nail atomizer. Have you gotten your hands on one of these yet? If so, how are they? Can you load them up and still get good flavor on consecutive hits without much degradation to the taste/flavor?

Im usin the titanium xxl its 15mm around, appears to handle 1g easily, but i load up once and it last almost all day for me (i rip all day) flavor is tasty, be advised since you can loadmore it will appear that you have concentrate left but you're getting no results. This is reclaim oil lect in the corners. I know cause after 3 consecutive 30w 15 second back to bacl burn offs it still remained. Gonna order quartz next. All being said, i think youll be satisfied. FYI the XXL is too large for the source XL attachment if thats what youre using. Also of course i reccomend using a temp controlled mod box. Best regards (please excuse the typos, im typing in a starbucks drive thru line from hell)

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Im usin the titanium xxl its 15mm around, appears to handle 1g easily, but i load up once and it last almost all day for me (i rip all day) flavor is tasty, be advised since you can loadmore it will appear that you have concentrate left but you're getting no results. This is reclaim oil lect in the corners. I know cause after 3 consecutive 30w 15 second back to bacl burn offs it still remained. Gonna order quartz next. All being said, i think youll be satisfied. FYI the XXL is too large for the source XL attachment if thats what youre using. Also of course i reccomend using a temp controlled mod box. Best regards (please excuse the typos, im typing in a starbucks drive thru line from hell)
I use a mod box also. What do you use instead of the XXL base? I have an unused one I was going to send back because I was hoping I could find another way to use the XXL atomizers. I am not too found of the Orb design/look.

nosmoking,

Curtball

I use a mod box also. What do you use instead of the XXL base? I have an unused one I was going to send back because I was hoping I could find another way to use the XXL atomizers. I am not too found of the Orb design/look.

The base works. The top is too small. They recommend using their bubble attachment. Seems cool, i say if youre creative or "bored" enough you could find a way to make things work with the XL orb ;)

Curtball,
Reactions: Hogni

Curtball

The XXL titanium is 15mm outside diameter. The inside diameter of the xl orb top is smaller than 15mm

Curtball,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
The XXL titanium is 15mm outside diameter. The inside diameter of the xl orb top is smaller than 15mm
Thats pretty fucked up that Source does not mention this. The only reason I bought the XXL orb was to pair it up with the XXL nail. I dont have their bubbler attachment and I refuse to buy it because they wont sell just the attachment. You have to buy the whole kit. I have a 510 attachment that might work but if not I have some other ideas...just need the XXL quartz nail which Source has no clue when they will get them so I am currently a small free private banker for them considering I just loaned them my $.

So I am going to return the XXL Orb and keep letting SV hold on to my cash interest free just so I dont lose my place in line.

nosmoking,

Curtball

Thats pretty fucked up that Source does not mention this. The only reason I bought the XXL orb was to pair it up with the XXL nail. I dont have their bubbler attachment and I refuse to buy it because they wont sell just the attachment. You have to buy the whole kit. I have a 510 attachment that might work but if not I have some other ideas...just need the XXL quartz nail which Source has no clue when they will get them so I am currently a small free private banker for them considering I just loaned them my $.

So I am going to return the XXL Orb and keep letting SV hold on to my cash interest free just so I dont lose my place in line.

It duped me as well, but the attachment is a "XL" and the larger new buckets are "XXL" making it juuuust large enough to not fit the XL orb top. I as well think this is bull ****. But with the use of other non travel methods you can still heat the bucket like a nail. The web site has also been updated since the grand April 30th announcement stating "it only works with the bubbler" i agree this was not known at the time of the email, or the post they advertised here

Curtball

And yes i waited almost 3 weeks with barely any response before i recieved my items. My best luck was contacting them on one of the actual Instagram Photos talking about the XXL orb.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Mod box woke up my ti coil-less nail, and I went in for a cleaning session today.

Under the bucket was full of puddle mess, and also at the bottom of the attachment. It was a real mess, I finally got it clean. Not sure how this happens when everything is on tight... I finally got it all cleaned up but the donut under the nail looks pretty scarred. Lots of black I could not get off.

FlyingLow,

420time

I clean mines twice a day, and even at that rate the oil still steeps into the threading of piece that keeps the bowl tight. Torch the ring clean and the ti bowl clean, most simply way to clean.

420time,

Curtball

Had this same problem which led to the donuts snapping from getting soaked and then dried repeatedly. Only way to solve this was to put a smaller load that didnt bubble up to the "seal" made by the retaining ring...

Curtball,

elmoe420

So against my better judgement I gave some more money to SV to try this new "quad coil XL". 27$ shipped for a single coil but I just got back from vacation and wanted some new and fun to play with.

Sadly, the coil does not fit the Gen 1 Source Nail, Source Orb XL "Flosstradamus" or the other Source Orb (no clue what gen) I already had. Bummer.

The sunk cost fallacy kicks in and I decide to drop 70$ (this is why I shouldn't be making purchasing decisions alone) on a new "Source Nail XL".

And it still doesn't fit??? It at least screws into the Nail XL base but the coil is too tall and so the carb cap no longer fits. To quote the SV website: "Works with 3 Series, 4 Series, and XL Series atomizers".

What does SV sell that actually fits this 27$ coil they sold me? Please someone enlighten me.

elmoe420,

Justpassedu

Anyone try the 15mm Quartz buckets ? I am wondering how they are and if they will fit the Orb XL , right now i am using the xxl quad coil and it is very powerful , fits allot but i do notice some leaking below the atomizer , hoping the bucket may fix this but i'd rather go quartz over titanium.

Justpassedu,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Anyone try the 15mm Quartz buckets ? I am wondering how they are and if they will fit the Orb XL , right now i am using the xxl quad coil and it is very powerful , fits allot but i do notice some leaking below the atomizer , hoping the bucket may fix this but i'd rather go quartz over titanium.
The xxl nails are too tall to fit in the Orb XL so the only way is to makeshift a mouthpiece or buy the SV 510 erig attachment linked below:
https://www.sourcevapes.com/collect...cts/source-nail-portable-enail-510-attachment

Also, they put the xxl quartz nail atomizers on sale on June 30th which I promptly ordered and they still have none in stock to ship out. I did get a series 4 quartz nail atomizer in the meantime and have only run a few dabs through it so I can't say much about it yet really other than it seems to be working alright in TC Ni mode at 10.7 watts with a temperature cutoff of 350F.

Curtball

No they do not fit in the XL Orb. Please please everyone read all of text before you order because you can easily get screwed. And yet you might just fund them, and not get your product as expected. I would request a refund. You didnt do a preorder. And the the series 4 quart atomizer works great for me at 18.5 watts. With a 4 second wait before i inhale

Curtball,

420time

It works best at 18.5w-22w. 20w+ for 2-3 second preheat and 22w for practically on demand hits but leaves the bowl a bit of residue. To me the residue is fine as i tend to torch clean the bowl and ring couple of times of day to get the freshest taste. Besides that, i should be receiving my 7mm ceramic donut coils from divine tribe to rebuild the source nail today or tomorrow. Ill let you guys know how it goes. Never tried temp control yet as i just received my temp control mod a day after my source nails broke.

Last edited:
420time,
Reactions: Curtball

Curtball

...Besides that, i should be receiving my 7mm ceramic donut coils from divine tribe to rebuild the source nail today or tomorrow. Ill let you guys know how it goes. Never tried temp control yet as i just received my temp control mod a day after my source nails broke.

Interested on how this turns out, and the wattage range. Was going to order some myself after my SV buckets bit the farm. Ive successfully swapped the solid core out of the SV quartz combo, into a quartz SV Bucket and that worked like a train.... for a little while

Curtball,

420time

What is a good temp to start at with the source nail? Also is it a good idea to lock the wattage too? Received my coils, they were really easy to rebuild. I started toying with the temperature and gotten decent vapor production at 450+ with 3 second preheat. The watt at 22.5 and resistance locked at 0.8ohm. Lower temps work to but not hard hitting enough for me. My airflow is only half a circle or 1/4th for better clouds.....Bought 8 donut coils, took 7 to repair 5 nails. Broke two tightening the ring on top the bowl.

Last edited:
420time,

Curtball

Bought 8 donut coils, took 7 to repair 5 nails. Broke two tightening the ring on top the bowl.
Yeah im on the hunt for thicker solid core heaters. The donuts are so thin. They break from heat expansion if they get too hot

Curtball,

420time

Yeah im on the hunt for thicker solid core heaters. The donuts are so thin. They break from heat expansion if they get too hot

As long as the replacements are cheap I am fine with it breaking so easily. In my opinion temp control is nice but its just not for the source nail. Only way to get the best out of it is use it in vw mode. Idk if its just me but it seems like the ceramic coils i got from Matt seem to die out quicker then the ones from source nail originally. At 14.5+w for an hour or so it seems to increase the resistance to 1.5ish even when i let it cool down. Broke 1 like that, worked until it increased to 1.8ish and the donut broke. Maybe i just have a bad batch.

Last edited:
420time,
Reactions: Curtball
Top Bottom