Source Orb Pen Vape

Hook02

I know people use q tips to clean the residue out of quartz bangers and what not but I've never heard of or even thought to use a q tip to clean the tool.

Sometimes what I do is keep a rolling paper handy and after each toke, well the tools still warm I wipe it off on the paper, and save them for when i'm in-between re-ups and dying for a toke and sometimes just give them to friends or family to roll up with some bud... waste not, want not as they say

Hook02,
Reactions: vbeazy

SOURCEvapes

#ExperienceTrueTaste
Manufacturer
Anyone else ever melt there source dab tool?!!!
They must be made out of some kind of stainless steel, cause I went to clean the tools residue by heating it with a torch for a few seconds like I do with any grade 2 titanium dabbers and the tip literally bubbled up and melted away!
Seriously dangerous to call your dab tools premium quality (as there listed on the website) with no mention that they are not even titanium grade dab tools, that's totally irresponsible and unsafe!!
usually when something is labeled 'Premium" that implies high quality standards not cheap shit!

Could be just me, but I assumed it was pretty standard at this point for dab tools to be made of grade 2 titanium or better. especially coming from a large vape company like source that has money for research and development, you expect a certain standard. This would be expected if this was a knock off from china, but I brought my kit from the source website.

and one of the reasons I choose the premium kit vs just buying the orb 4 attachment, and using an aftermarket mod was that I figured I could use a spare dab tool with different tips.
Can't believe I used your cheap ass "premium" dab tools on my dab rig assuming it was titanium like any other "decent" quality dab tools are these days.

Extremely unimpressed!!

PLEASE SOURCE VAPES UPDATE YOUR PRODUCT LISTINGS TO MENTION YOUR DAB TOOLS ARE NOT GR 2 TITANIUM, BUT RATHER THEY'RE MADE OF "PREMIUM" STAINLESS STEEL!!!!!

I had the exact same thing happen to mine they really need to clarify that I was dabbing with that on my rig before mine melted. Not safe at all.

I do not torch clean my tools, I use quips while hot... no big deal for a great clean.

Sux about the questionable materials though, I guess I will quit using that.

Hi guys,

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. Our Premium Dabber is made of stainless steel, and since we've released these with our SOURCE orb 3 Signature Kits in June 2016, this is the first time (times) we've ever heard of this happening. This has never been a problem, since our products are not designed to be used with butane torches or other high temperature torches, and our products never reach a temperature that could reach melting point for the tools.

We recommend dab tools, like the rest of products, are cleaned with ISO.

Thank you for your feedback and we'll be sure to look into this for the future.

Hook02

So far I've been using only the ceramic bucket and overall I enjoy the Source nail 510 attachment.
My only gripes: the glass carb cap/dap pick piece is way too thin and fragile. I ended up breaking it the 1st day! Luckily any lollipop style carbcap/dab pick will work just fine.
Another gripe is I have to cycle through the 12-sec fire button cutoff timer at least 4 times before the coil is heated enough for the vapor to begin flowing trough. I don't know if this is normal or if it's an issue with the atomizers or the mod? Is there a regulated box mod out there that has an adjustable cutoff timer?

I have the same issue with my Smok AL85 using the quartz coil-less atty on watt mode at 15-17W tried on both normal and heavy strength and even after 4 cycles the atty is still barely red.
With the source volt max it only takes 10 seconds and the atty is visibly starting to glow red and after 20s its basically completely red hot.

I don't understand why the Smok mods aren't able to efficiently heat the orb atomizers. Since other then the longer cutoff time there specs seem to be comparable and the 12s cutoff time shouldn't even be an issue with the quartz atty since the volt max easily heats it up in 10 seconds or less.

Even the quartz single coil atty takes 2-3, 10-12 second cycles before it becomes fully red at 12W on heavy strength setting. It seems the Smok mods just aren't designed to efficiently power source orbs whereas the volt max has been optimized for it.

I'd like to know if besides the cutoff time if theirs any other internal changes between the source volt max and joyetech evic vtc mini? (or whatever the volt max is based off) cause I've only been able to try the two mods with my orb so far and the difference is night and day. The volt max is way more efficient at heating up the attys in comparison to the smok AL85 which is basically useless with the orb.

Hook02

Hi guys,

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. Our Premium Dabber is made of stainless steel, and since we've released these with our SOURCE orb 3 Signature Kits in June 2016, this is the first time (times) we've ever heard of this happening. This has never been a problem, since our products are not designed to be used with butane torches or other high temperature torches, and our products never reach a temperature that could reach melting point for the tools.

Yeah I figured this was the reasons why they're made of stainless steel rather then titanium. and assumed its typical of other vape brands that also include tools.

I had just accidentally dropped my source dab tool on the carpet picked it up with a bunch of hairs stuck to it and didn't even think twice about heating it up with my torch, since I'm just so use to cleaning my other dab tools that way. I assumed it was made like any other dab tool I use and I hadn't read or seen it mentioned anywhere that it wasn't titanium.

If you decide not to change to titanium tools which for the reasons you mentioned above is understandable. I think it would still be wise to at least add to the product listing that its stainless steel and possibly even call them "vape tools" rather then "dab tools" in the future, since by using the word dab tool it kinda implies that its usable with dab rigs.

Anyways thanks a lot for the reply clarifying things

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
Yeah I figured this was the reasons why they're made of stainless steel rather then titanium. and assumed its typical of other vape brands that also include tools.

I had just accidentally dropped my source dab tool on the carpet picked it up with a bunch of hairs stuck to it and didn't even think twice about heating it up with my torch, since I'm just so use to cleaning my other dab tools that way. I assumed it was made like any other dab tool I use and I hadn't read or seen it mentioned anywhere that it wasn't titanium.

If you decide not to change to titanium tools which for the reasons you mentioned above is understandable. I think it would still be wise to at least add to the product listing that its stainless steel and possibly even call them "vape tools" rather then "dab tools" in the future, since by using the word dab tool it kinda implies that its usable with dab rigs.

Anyways thanks a lot for the reply clarifying things

I have used a torch to lightly heat my stainless steel dab tools before wiping to clean thousands of times. I don't use the hot center of the butane flame, I just use the outer flame to heat the tool to something like 150-300 degrees, enough for the oil to be easily wiped off. I actually prefer stainless steel to titanium because Ti dab tools will very easily mar ceramic leaving a dull grey embedded into the ceramic walls of many atomizers.

My favorite and most used dabber of all time is a curved stainless steel wax carving tool. Most grades of stainless should be fine with a bit of heat. Only if there's dissimilar metals - something coating something else- should there be any issue with lightly heating the dabber to wipe clean. $0.02

mixchu69

Hi guys,

Do you guys sell bubblers for source orb 4? I see bubblers for source nail, but would like to see something for orb 4?
Something like this:
https://www.w9tech.com/vaporizer-bubblers/nibbler-micro-bubblers/Nibbler-AC/

Halfqq

Formerly Highland7
Sorry I'm a newb at this - and I tried reading through most of this but I have a few specific questions. Hopefully you all can help.

I'm going to buy a source orb 4 (maybe XL version). I hate pens because you always have to replace atomizers etc. but source orb has these titanium buckets that are coil less and easy to remove/clean.

If I go this route- will I still have to replace this titaniun bucket / atomizer thingy every so often? Really would rather just remove the titanium bucket and clean it.

Halfqq,

SOURCEvapes

#ExperienceTrueTaste
Manufacturer
Do you guys sell bubblers for source orb 4? I see bubblers for source nail, but would like to see something for orb 4?
Something like this:
https://www.w9tech.com/vaporizer-bubblers/nibbler-micro-bubblers/Nibbler-AC/

No, there's no "need" to, since SOURCE nail is fully compatible with all 4 Series atomizers.

You can easily just use any of your favorite atomizers on your SOURCE nail for smooth water filtration.

Sorry I'm a newb at this - and I tried reading through most of this but I have a few specific questions. Hopefully you all can help.

I'm going to buy a source orb 4 (maybe XL version). I hate pens because you always have to replace atomizers etc. but source orb has these titanium buckets that are coil less and easy to remove/clean.

If I go this route- will I still have to replace this titaniun bucket / atomizer thingy every so often? Really would rather just remove the titanium bucket and clean it.

Unfortunately, all atomizers including even our SOURCE nail atomizers are consumable products.

SOURCEvapes,

mixchu69

No, there's no "need" to, since SOURCE nail is fully compatible with all 4 Series atomizers.

You can easily just use any of your favorite atomizers on your SOURCE nail for smooth water filtration.

Unfortunately, all atomizers including even our SOURCE nail atomizers are consumable products.
I think u misinterpreted what I meant. I don't have the source nail, nor any of the bubblers. I was wondering if you have water filtration for source orb 4?

SOURCEvapes

#ExperienceTrueTaste
Manufacturer
I think u misinterpreted what I meant. I don't have the source nail, nor any of the bubblers. I was wondering if you have water filtration for source orb 4?

Sorry, we didn't explain it correctly.

Currently there is no need to have a water filtration device to "add" to the SOURCE orb 4, since all 4 Series atomizers easily work on the SOURCE nail, which also works with all XL Series atomizers.

If you want water filtration with your SOURCE orb 4 atomizers, it's even more affordable to get a SOURCE nail 510 eNail Attachment, considering it also includes 3x 4 Series SOURCE nail atomizers and a Magnetic Carb Cap & Dabber for only $69.95.

If you also use our SOURCE rewards programs, you can use a coupon code to get a cheaper price.

SOURCEvapes,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Why isn't the gift card available for overseas customers? At least I get this msg when i try to enlist from Germany!? Same as your other contests. I can understand if you don't want to have more shipment costs overseas - you just could tell to foreign customers that they have to pay the add costs in case of win! - but a general exclusion of your foreign customers is discriminating. Their money you take but they aren't allowed to participate in promotion actions?? No good style IMO....or is it a kind of Trump's America to the americans?

SOURCEvapes

#ExperienceTrueTaste
Manufacturer
Why isn't the gift card available for overseas customers? At least I get this msg when i try to enlist from Germany!? Same as your other contests. I can understand if you don't want to have more shipment costs overseas - you just could tell to foreign customers that they have to pay the add costs in case of win! - but a general exclusion of your foreign customers is discriminating. Their money you take but they aren't allowed to participate in promotion actions?? No good style IMO....or is it a kind of Trump's America to the americans?

Thank you for letting us know about that, we've gone ahead and changed it so it's open worldwide.

It was still set to US & Canada from our past product giveaways.

SOURCEvapes,
Reactions: Hogni

oldfool

I'm guessing the heating element could last several months if you don't throw too much voltage at it.

Now how about these quartz cups? After just a few days they got holes in them.

IMG_2129_zpsg1f1b8i4.jpg

oldfool,

SOURCEvapes

#ExperienceTrueTaste
Manufacturer
I'm guessing the heating element could last several months if you don't throw too much voltage at it.

Now how about these quartz cups? After just a few days they got holes in them.

IMG_2129_zpsg1f1b8i4.jpg

That's very weird, what wattage are you using them at? This is the first we've seen that happen, and all we use is Quartz in the office.

Do you mind sending us an email to support@SOURCEvapes.com with more info (Battery used, attachment used, wattage, etc.), both are still within their 30-Day Warranty period, so they are covered for replacement.

EDIT: After further review, seems to be from the dabber hitting the bucket hard. The heating element is around the holes, so if it was for some reason so hot it would melt quartz, it would happen there first. These seem like cracks from use. They're still covered under warranty! :)

SOURCEvapes,

oldfool

EDIT: After further review, seems to be from the dabber hitting the bucket hard.
Nope. I actually heat my dab tool and let the dab drop on the atomizer.

Maybe there was some moisture from cleaning that turned to steam in the hole in the heating element.

I just checked out the third quartz cup and it is fine.

I'm using an iStick Pico at 15 or 16 watts with the quartz.

I just bought 6 black ceramic double coils and I'm liking them.

SOURCEvapes

#ExperienceTrueTaste
Manufacturer
Nope. I actually heat my dab tool and let the dab drop on the atomizer.

Maybe there was some moisture from cleaning that turned to steam in the hole in the heating element.

I just checked out the third quartz cup and it is fine.

I'm using an iStick Pico at 15 or 16 watts with the quartz.

I just bought 6 black ceramic double coils and I'm liking them.

We have some new XL Series atomizers coming out you'll love then...

Send us an email for those Quartz SOURCE nail so we can get them replaced for you.

SOURCEvapes,

SOURCEvapes

#ExperienceTrueTaste
Manufacturer
Hi guys,

You can take 30% off Storewide this Weekend until Monday at 11:59pm.

Use coupon code MDW2017 during checkout.

This includes:

Everything in stock is on sale, including our Clearance section (if you're interested in building your own SOURCE orb 3 from scratch).

Finally, stay tuned, we'll announce new XL Series atomizers in the coming weeks.
If you're a fan of huge rips and capacity, get a SOURCE orb XL or SOURCE nail, the new atomizers will blow you away.

SOURCEvapes,
Reactions: Simple10

Simple10

Member, you member riiiight?
Hi guys,

You can take 30% off Storewide this Weekend until Monday at 11:59pm.

Use coupon code MDW2017 during checkout.

This includes:

Everything in stock is on sale, including our Clearance section (if you're interested in building your own SOURCE orb 3 from scratch).

Finally, stay tuned, we'll announce new XL Series atomizers in the coming weeks.
If you're a fan of huge rips and capacity, get a SOURCE orb XL or SOURCE nail, the new atomizers will blow you away.

So the new atomizers will fit on the current 510 enail attachment?

SOURCEvapes

#ExperienceTrueTaste
Manufacturer
So the new atomizers will fit on the current 510 enail attachment?

Of course!

We keep adding products so you can always easily "upgrade" by just adding the new atomizer.

We also have new 3 Series and 4 Series atomizers coming out soon. :)

SOURCEvapes,
Reactions: Simple10

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I do get lost in all the different atomizers...
Can you link to the page describing the differences and when to use each?

Do you have favorites for shatter vs wax vs live resin?

AVENTUS

^I am a low temp terp chasing ghost hit dude, so I generally only use coil-free atomizers, and the Quartz SourceNail so far is my fave on my Orb4 using stock battery. I don't use a mod. For dudes with a mod that delivers 30watts, apparently the TERRA 2 which heats on the sides of the ceramic cup as well, is even better for bigger, yet still fully terpy non-combusted clouds. But again, requires a mod.

Do you like huge opaque cough inducing clouds ? Or gentle terpy hits ?

bro I have been thru hella grams on my first Quartz bucket SourceNail on my beloved Orb4, and no signs of needing replacement yet !

AVENTUS,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I go kinda harsher than yourself...
I like LONG, low temp lung busters. I wanna rip a lung from large satisfying hits.

FlyingLow,
Top Bottom