Source Orb Pen Vape

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Just an FYI to watch out for: my Orb 4 magnet on the bottom piece came out. I assume it was glued in but I'm not certain.

I was having quite a long, low temp session with it, taking smooth 10 second draws every ~30-50 seconds for 15 minutes. Ran it on my iStick Pico in TC-Ni mode, 20W max, 360F, resistance locked at 0.56ohms, and I was using the Ti nail atomizer. The Orb 4 felt felt quite hot to touch, but not unbearable. I had been using it in a similar fashion daily for two weeks.

I know I've posted high praise for the functionality of magnet top vapes and that hasn't changed. Perhaps this is just a fluke one-off defect that no one else has to deal with. I'm not looking for a replacement either as Source already sent me a new one to replace a stuck airflow control ring.

I hope everyone else is enjoying using their new Orb 4's without issue.

I recently picked up a Orb 4 kit, but haven't used it much.
Anyone have a favorite atomizer?
Or, which atomizer is best for what purpose?

alittledabwilldoya',

lomein07

I recently picked up a Orb 4 kit, but haven't used it much.
Anyone have a favorite atomizer?
Or, which atomizer is best for what purpose?

My fav is the Ti nail. It's for low temp, flavourful vaping. All the double coil atomizers it comes with are more for ripping and bigger hits. The coils with quartz wicks are supposed to taste the best, the black ceramic is for your runnier concentrates, and the white ceramic is in between.

Steven

This was the reply I got last time I asked
I guess I'm just going to be ignored and source vapes basically publicly gave an empty promise. I am regretting I put faith in them and pre ordered a product

Steven,

Steven

Yes, we'll be adding 3 new bubblers and upgrading the stock bubbler on all products.

Early adopters will be given store credit equivalent to the price of the new bubbler, and they'll be able to use it towards that bubbler or one of the other 2 premium bubblers. :)

Some users have found this to work, but usually it works well only using the same bucket atomizers (ex. Replacing the Gr2 Ti bucket with another Gr2 Ti bucket) since each one is designed for each atomizer in mind.

This is clearly a lie. I never recieved any such thing and even don't get any response at all from source vapes

Steven,

SOURCEvapes

#ExperienceTrueTaste
Manufacturer
Just an FYI to watch out for: my Orb 4 magnet on the bottom piece came out. I assume it was glued in but I'm not certain.

I was having quite a long, low temp session with it, taking smooth 10 second draws every ~30-50 seconds for 15 minutes. Ran it on my iStick Pico in TC-Ni mode, 20W max, 360F, resistance locked at 0.56ohms, and I was using the Ti nail atomizer. The Orb 4 felt felt quite hot to touch, but not unbearable. I had been using it in a similar fashion daily for two weeks.

I know I've posted high praise for the functionality of magnet top vapes and that hasn't changed. Perhaps this is just a fluke one-off defect that no one else has to deal with. I'm not looking for a replacement either as Source already sent me a new one to replace a stuck airflow control ring.

I hope everyone else is enjoying using their new Orb 4's without issue.

Send us an email, we'll be upgrading all SOURCE orb 4 customers with a new Attachment with a much stronger magnet. You'll be getting a new SOURCE orb 4 attachment, so you'll also have 4 free atomizers. :)

what a bonus. I just got my new enail direct from sourcevapes. It came with the original hand screw on top on all 3 of the enail atomizers, as opposed to the new top posted by lomein07. I was conscious of not screwing down too tight but still managed to crack the ceramic heating element on one and chip the heating ceramic on another. Don't know if that was related to overtightening - but I can say the ceramic heating element below the enail buckets is very thin - literally .5 mm. AFAI am concerned, very poor design.

And the globe that came with the enail was a very tight fit on its attachment, even with wetting the orings a bit, so I stopped when I got past the first o-ring. It still fractured when it got hot. I was running at 600 TC. Sourcevapes customer service has sent me a new globe but made it clear its my issue and that they wont be offering any further replacements, and directed me to their help faqs when I asked what the temp should be for the globe. Their assistance here at this forum seems to be very selective, so I am not holding my breath for their response. Can anyone here let me know their temp ranges for their sourcevapes globe w enail attys - same as with the bubbler?

I think Sourcevapes also need to provide for an easier way to get their attachments (globe and enail) off the glass. Maybe have a wider knurled bottom section so that you can get grip while working it off the glass. Leaving it on my mod while trying to get the glass off sucks b/c my center pin is floating and it moves around alittle and I don't want to damage it, so I have to push the atty down with my thumb on top of the atty while off my mod. Come to think of it, maybe that is why the ceramic element cracked.

I seem to have had the same experience that Mat Lee from stuffstonerslike.com has had in all of his reviews - fractured bubbler and globe, and all 3 attys broken. Disappointed to say the least.

We'll be offering new Glass bubblers and provide a free upgrade for all current users. We've also upgraded our Glass globe to handle heat much better.

We'll be emailing customers once these are available. :)

This is clearly a lie. I never recieved any such thing and even don't get any response at all from source vapes

This is not a lie, we just haven't released the new glass bubblers yet. We'll be emailing all customers once we do.

lomein07

Got my replacement Orb 4 that Source is sending out to everyone with the stronger magnets. Using it for two days, it seems to be a better balance of magnet strength and ease of use. It can still come off unintentionally in a pocket or bag, but much less so than the previous version, and it's still very easy to use. Any stronger and it would likely impede reloading the atomizer.

Good stuff.

Bad Ocelot

Just got the email for the replacement bubbler. Pretty cheap to upgrade as well, probably going to go with that recycler. Looks pretty sweet! Haven't used my source enails in a bit, will definitely revisit with the new bubbler.

Bad Ocelot,

SOURCEvapes

#ExperienceTrueTaste
Manufacturer
Hi guys,

We wanted to let you guys know about a few new products and upgrades we've released.

2 New Coil-less Atomizers: Quartz Plus & SOURCE terra 2

We've released our 2 newest coil-less atomizers, the new Quartz Plus and SOURCE terra 2 atomizers.

SOURCE_orb_4_Quartz_Plus_coil_less_atomizer_vape_pen_404651ea-ab69-49c8-9ae9-26414d81a337_large.jpg

Quartz Plus atomizers feature a flat All-Ceramic Plate at the bottom as the heating element, enclosed in a quartz housing, to ensure your materials slide down the walls to the bottom and are not wasted.

These are compatible with:

• SOURCE orb 4
  • SOURCE orb XL
  • SOURCE nail

Quartz Plus are included in SOURCE orb 4 Premium Kits and SOURCE orb 4 Signature Kits.

SOURCE_orb_4_sub-ohm_all_ceramic_SOURCE_terra_2_coil_less_atomizer_c4d5333e-ddf7-4b40-aaad-3429848ba315_large.jpg

Building on the groundbreaking SOURCE terra, our first coil-less atomizer that featured a ceramic disc heating element. In its second generation, and our 5th coil-less atomizer, it now features no disc. Your materials are dissolved in an All-Ceramic cup.

The most important feature change on the SOURCE terra 2, and what distinguishes it from other coil-less atomizers, is that heat is distributed throughout the entire cup. This means materials stuck onto the sides of the cup will vaporize. This also means, there is no material wasted or leaked.

SOURCE terra 2 atomizers are available exclusively in SOURCE orb 4 Signature Kits, since they require 30w+ of power.

Here's a close up of the side of SOURCE terra 2, where you can see how the sides are powered.

SOURCE_orb_4_SOURCE_terra_2_All_ceramic_sub_ohm_low_temp_coil_less_atomizer_vape_pen.jpg

All original owners of SOURCE orb 4 kits will get the respective atomizers shipped for free.

New SOURCE 10cig Quartz

We've also released our 5th version of our incredibly successful $10 Vape Pen, SOURCE 10cig, which now features a Quartz Single Coil atomizer.

For $9.95 you get 1 Quartz and 1 Ceramic atomizer.

New SOURCE orb 4 Magnet

In case you didn't receive the email last week, we've made the Magnetic Lock on our SOURCE orb 4 2x as strong, making easier to take on the go.

New SOURCE nail Glass

And last but not least, we've upgraded the glass in our SOURCE nail Temp Control Kit and our SOURCE nail Attachment with our new Split Glass attachment, as well as released 3 Premium Glass options.

All original owners will be automatically upgraded.

We hope you enjoy these new upgrades and products, and if you have any feedback, please always email us to support@SOURCEvapes.com, we value your feedback immensely.

Bad Ocelot

Definitely wanna try those new atty's out. Especially the new terra. Been wanting to see a ceramic heating chamber that heated the sides for some time now. Exciting stuff!

I'm also curious about the new Source mod. It seems like the software is designed for concentrate use as opposed to nic ejuice like most mods as it goes to 700F (most mods max out at 600) and the initial resistance detection is new to me as well. Curious if it will perform better than a mid-range TC mod for the enail & new atomizers. Anyone had a chance to test this out yet?

Bad Ocelot,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
These guys discontinued the battery for the Orb 3 and gave me a gift card that wasn't enough to replace with their own product. It's laughable at best to claim a lifetime warranty when you can't support a part for 12 months. I really like this companies innovative products, but I am not a fan at all of advertising simulative warranty programs which almost always results in you (the customer) not being able to prove manufacturer defect vs wear & tear. Thus the lifetime warranty is very much subjective, debatable, and based solely on the mercy of your Source support representative.

I would still buy this companies products, but I don't think they handled my support ticket well, thus I am less loyal to this brand than when I was preaching them to everybody as a total surefire with the lifetime warranty.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I've had two orb3 batts warranties with no issue, sorry to hear they have run out.

You can always try another brand and post up your comparative findings.

FlyingLow,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I've had two orb3 batts warranties with no issue, sorry to hear they have run out.

You can always try another brand and post up your comparative findings.

For sure, I'm using another (larger capacity) battery. Sounds like you had better luck with the warranty dept. You win some you lose some.

invertedisdead,

AVENTUS

I bought two of their bubblers to use with my pens, and the airflow and base seal of the ones I bought off fasttech were better sadly.

Still excited to see more low temp demos regarding their TC mod / nail, as that is one I haven't tried yet.

PoopMachine

Just ordered a Source Orb 4 aomizer for using on my Cuboid Mini. Anxious to see how it is. I have a ton of stuff to compare it to.

PoopMachine,

MuushuPork

Just ordered a Source Orb 4 aomizer for using on my Cuboid Mini. Anxious to see how it is. I have a ton of stuff to compare it to.

I would love to hear your opinion. I have been using the orb 3 and terras for a while now with great success. I got the coupon offer in email for $25 off $60 and really want to move up to the orb 4 so i can get use the new terra and quartz buckets. Does the cuboid have TC? Would that work with the ceramic or quartz or just the TI? I really just want the cleanest possible experience with my concentrates.

MuushuPork,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I would love to hear your opinion. I have been using the orb 3 and terras for a while now with great success. I got the coupon offer in email for $25 off $60 and really want to move up to the orb 4 so i can get use the new terra and quartz buckets. Does the cuboid have TC? Would that work with the ceramic or quartz or just the TI? I really just want the cleanest possible experience with my concentrates.

I was thinking of doing the same since Orb 4 atomizers don't work with Orb 3, and basically nothing from my Orb 3 kit works anymore. Are you using terra on 4.4v? I really want to try terra at 8v so I don't have to preheat the atomizer; particularly the new one with the heated sides. Should be a revelation from all the material that accumulates to the side. I've also had the best luck with terra. All the coil atomizers get strange residual buildup/gunk that I have never gotten with terras.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Bad Ocelot

MuushuPork

I use a simple vw battery with the orb 3 and terra on 11-12 watts setting. Have used one terra atty for months with no issues. I dont really want to buy orb 4 because i still have 4 unused terras but i really want the safest possible atty.

MuushuPork,

SOURCEvapes

#ExperienceTrueTaste
Manufacturer
These guys discontinued the battery for the Orb 3 and gave me a gift card that wasn't enough to replace with their own product. It's laughable at best to claim a lifetime warranty when you can't support a part for 12 months. I really like this companies innovative products, but I am not a fan at all of advertising simulative warranty programs which almost always results in you (the customer) not being able to prove manufacturer defect vs wear & tear. Thus the lifetime warranty is very much subjective, debatable, and based solely on the mercy of your Source support representative.

I would still buy this companies products, but I don't think they handled my support ticket well, thus I am less loyal to this brand than when I was preaching them to everybody as a total surefire with the lifetime warranty.

Do you have your ticket number? All batteries have a Lifetime Warranty and are replaced, including SOURCE orb 3 which we replace.

alittledabwilldoya'

Hi guys,

We wanted to let you guys know about a few new products and upgrades we've released.

2 New Coil-less Atomizers: Quartz Plus & SOURCE terra 2

We've released our 2 newest coil-less atomizers, the new Quartz Plus and SOURCE terra 2 atomizers.

SOURCE_orb_4_Quartz_Plus_coil_less_atomizer_vape_pen_404651ea-ab69-49c8-9ae9-26414d81a337_large.jpg

Quartz Plus atomizers feature a flat All-Ceramic Plate at the bottom as the heating element, enclosed in a quartz housing, to ensure your materials slide down the walls to the bottom and are not wasted.

These are compatible with:

• SOURCE orb 4
  • SOURCE orb XL
  • SOURCE nail

Quartz Plus are included in SOURCE orb 4 Premium Kits and SOURCE orb 4 Signature Kits.

SOURCE_orb_4_sub-ohm_all_ceramic_SOURCE_terra_2_coil_less_atomizer_c4d5333e-ddf7-4b40-aaad-3429848ba315_large.jpg

Building on the groundbreaking SOURCE terra, our first coil-less atomizer that featured a ceramic disc heating element. In its second generation, and our 5th coil-less atomizer, it now features no disc. Your materials are dissolved in an All-Ceramic cup.

The most important feature change on the SOURCE terra 2, and what distinguishes it from other coil-less atomizers, is that heat is distributed throughout the entire cup. This means materials stuck onto the sides of the cup will vaporize. This also means, there is no material wasted or leaked.

SOURCE terra 2 atomizers are available exclusively in SOURCE orb 4 Signature Kits, since they require 30w+ of power.

Here's a close up of the side of SOURCE terra 2, where you can see how the sides are powered.

SOURCE_orb_4_SOURCE_terra_2_All_ceramic_sub_ohm_low_temp_coil_less_atomizer_vape_pen.jpg

All original owners of SOURCE orb 4 kits will get the respective atomizers shipped for free.

New SOURCE 10cig Quartz

We've also released our 5th version of our incredibly successful $10 Vape Pen, SOURCE 10cig, which now features a Quartz Single Coil atomizer.

For $9.95 you get 1 Quartz and 1 Ceramic atomizer.

New SOURCE orb 4 Magnet

In case you didn't receive the email last week, we've made the Magnetic Lock on our SOURCE orb 4 2x as strong, making easier to take on the go.

New SOURCE nail Glass

And last but not least, we've upgraded the glass in our SOURCE nail Temp Control Kit and our SOURCE nail Attachment with our new Split Glass attachment, as well as released 3 Premium Glass options.

All original owners will be automatically upgraded.

We hope you enjoy these new upgrades and products, and if you have any feedback, please always email us to support@SOURCEvapes.com, we value your feedback immensely.

Re: Orb4

The Source Terra 2 with heated ceramic bottom and sides is legit.
Big, thick, smooth clouds @ 30W.
3 big hits of a small dab.

I haven't tried the new Quartz atomizer yet.

Hopefully they have a fair bit of longevity.

:D

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
@SOURCEvapes

I see you are taking pre-orders on your site for the Flosstradamus SOURCE orb XL - Triple Coil & Coil-less Vape Pen...when is this expected to start shipping? I am considering jumping aboard this one.

Also, can you identify/explain the differences between the 30W Mod that comes with the Source orb XL kit I mention and the 40W Mod that comes with the Portable eNail & Vape Pen - Temp Control eRig?

nosmoking,

SOURCEvapes

#ExperienceTrueTaste
Manufacturer
@SOURCEvapes

I see you are taking pre-orders on your site for the Flosstradamus SOURCE orb XL - Triple Coil & Coil-less Vape Pen...when is this expected to start shipping? I am considering jumping aboard this one.

Also, can you identify/explain the differences between the 30W Mod that comes with the Source orb XL kit I mention and the 40W Mod that comes with the Portable eNail & Vape Pen - Temp Control eRig?
The 40w has Temperature Control, rather Voltage control.

What are you looking for with the Floss SOURCE orb XL? What's your main reason for purchase, so we can find the perfect model for you.

SOURCEvapes,

alittledabwilldoya'

@SOURCEvapes

I picked up a Source Orb4 Sig kit awhile back and am quite impressed.
It provides dab-like clouds and effects; first "pen" that I have run across that actually does the job.

Initially it was running in W mode.
Then after switching to a different atomizer (I don't recall which one) it started giving me a temperature setting instead.
Is this determined by the atomizer?
Or did I inadvertently change the setting w/o knowing it?
If it's possible to choose which mode it's in regardless of atomizer, I would like to know how to make that happen.

... And the new fully heated ceramic cup atomizer is awesome!
Any idea when they will be available to purchase by themselves?

Thanks!

SOURCEvapes

#ExperienceTrueTaste
Manufacturer
@SOURCEvapes

I picked up a Source Orb4 Sig kit awhile back and am quite impressed.
It provides dab-like clouds and effects; first "pen" that I have run across that actually does the job.

Initially it was running in W mode.
Then after switching to a different atomizer (I don't recall which one) it started giving me a temperature setting instead.
Is this determined by the atomizer?
Or did I inadvertently change the setting w/o knowing it?
If it's possible to choose which mode it's in regardless of atomizer, I would like to know how to make that happen.

... And the new fully heated ceramic cup atomizer is awesome!
Any idea when they will be available to purchase by themselves?

Thanks!

You can easily switch between Variable Wattage mode and Temperature Control mode by pressing the button sequentially 3 times to pull up the main menu. Then, press the button to select "Atomizer," then choose between "Normal" (VW mode) and "Ni200" (TC mode).

You can find all of our battery instructions here, as well as info our atomizers here.

If you're talking about the new SOURCE terra 2, you can already purchase in a 3-Pack here.

We're really glad you like it, if you have any questions or feedback, please let us know!

alittledabwilldoya'

You can easily switch between Variable Wattage mode and Temperature Control mode by pressing the button sequentially 3 times to pull up the main menu. Then, press the button to select "Atomizer," then choose between "Normal" (VW mode) and "Ni200" (TC mode).

You can find all of our battery instructions here, as well as info our atomizers here.

If you're talking about the new SOURCE terra 2, you can already purchase in a 3-Pack here.

We're really glad you like it, if you have any questions or feedback, please let us know!

Thank you very much!
Another barrage newbie questions:

Is there any real difference between the two, or are they two different scales to quantify the same thing?
Temperature is easier to conceptualize.

Is there an advantage to using VW mode vs. TC mode?
Are there different situations (concentrate viscosity/various atomizers) that work better in one mode versus the other?

alittledabwilldoya',
Reactions: FlyingLow
Top Bottom