Some flowers more difficult to vape than others?

Darkedhunter

This is actually more of an observation than anything, but does anyone else notice than some strains just don't vape easily?

I was fortunate enough to purchase some very potent stuff from a dispensary at a very good price. It was lab tested at 24% THC, and is by far much more frosty than anything else I have had the pleasure of vaporizing. When used in my UD, it is fantastic.

However, the two times I have attempted to use this strain in my MFLB, I struggled. Both times I got one fantastic draw, then I could not get anything more than a wispy hit for the life of me. Does anyone else have similar problems they only encounter when vaping a specific strain? Is it a conduction vs. convection issue? Possibly a keif problem (I was using a two piece grinder and did not sift for keif at all)?

Thanks! Apologies if this has been asked already.:)

Darkedhunter,

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
The MLFB is pretty grind picky so that could be a factor.

I've never associated higher potency with more difficulty but Yes I've noticed some strains give up the ghost much quicker then others or don't seem to vape as well. This could be factor of dryness too.

i'm jealous sounds like fun.

Darkedhunter

I had a pretty fine grind, was using a small two piece Spacecase. I should be getting the finishing grinder pretty soon, so I'll be sure to give it another shot with that. :)

The herb is pretty dry, would humidifying it help? I was under the impression that that it should always be as dry as possible when vaporizing. :lol:

And it was a lovely time! I played through Proteus twice.

Darkedhunter,

OF

While there are some strains that seem to vape faster/easier than others, for the most part I think it's a conduction/convection thing. Conduction, especially very modest levels like in MFLB demands fine grind and dry to work well. I think some bud just doesn't end up contacting the mesh all that well. Lots of shaking helps, but dry and fine grind is the call I think.

Convection vapes can bake the goodness out no matter how it comes in. They have power and penetration on their side. My HA will get THC out of 'spent' ABV from my MFLBs....but not the other way around.

OF

djonkoman

I've also noticed differences between strains/batches. usually not that much that I really have to change my routine, but some batches get darker at the same temperaure as others. I've also hada strain that stayed greener/lighter in color longer, but stopped providiong any vapor while it was still beige/yellowcolored, and that I couldn't get to give anymore after that even on higher temps(I think it did get darker at higher temps, but didn't give any clouds or even whisps)
but sometimes I change the temp a bit, mostly when I have a strain/batch that still gives good clouds at a lower temp, but is a bit harsher at my regular temp, so I turn it a bit lower

djonkoman,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom