• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Solo vs Solo2

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
so my > 4 yrs old solo is giving last breath (it turns itself off randomly) and I am wondering if i stay with solo (a new one) or add 50€ for the newer version.

Apart from better temp control, longer lasting battery, and a better airpath is there any other benefit?
Does someone owning both still prefer the original solo?

Thank you

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Search in the Solo thread for Solo 2, Solo2, Etc. You'll find some comparisons there. Some of the comparisons in the Solo thread are pretty recent. I didn't search the Solo2 thread for comparisons though and maybe I should have to eliminate any "thread bias".

I prefer the Solo versus the Solo 2 and said the same in the Solo thread.

I tested a Solo 2 for a week when I was trying to decide whether to get another Solo or the Solo2. I liked the Solo2's extra battery life and digital display but I felt like the Solo vapor was a tiny bit more satisfying. I had read so many posts saying the two pretty much produced the same vapor and was surprised when some others agreed with my findings.

@Andreaerdna - sounds like your batteries are the issue. Before they dropped the prices on the Solo so much I might have suggested replacing the batteries.

I don't think you can go wrong with either unit. I currently own 3 Solos.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Thank you all

@His_Highness my solo already was acting weird few moths ago (same random shutoff before reaching selected temp), i cleaned the electric board which was coated with a lot of reclaim. Since then it worked as new for few months

Battery is new (1 year old), so my guess is that the board is giving up... i did clean it again and there was no reclaim but some black dust. I think intense cleaning with iso last time may have damaged plastic cover of electronics ?

I will check again when back from holydays , if still not working I am most likely buying a new original solo (new for around 110€ on vaposhop) as I really do not need precise temp control neither longer battery, even if I am a little curious to try the new one just because its different

Mr.Kite

is the Error-code still a occuring thing in the SOLO2 units ?

thinking of getting a refurbished unit form vaposhop but they only give a 1 year warranty.

Mr.Kite,
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom