Solo User: E-Nano, Volcano, Plenty, or...

8man

Hi All,

VERY long time lurker, first post.

For the past 8 years or so I've been using a Purple Days. I also have a Vapor Genie and an MFLB, but the PD is my workhorse. I vape a few times a week in my garage solo.

As the heater core has become rattlier I've decided it's time to replace the PD with something... extravagant. I bought a Cloud EVO last month, and used it for a couple of weeks before getting rid of it.

After years of using the PD I'd grown accustomed to easy cleanup, quick sessions, and no fear of breaking my gear (due to space constraints my setup involves a TV tray over a concrete floor). The EVO was wonderful for massive, smooth, tasty hits but breaking down all the gear when I was done and cleaning the glass is more than I'm willing to put up with. (Heat up time was never an issue; I'm on a regular schedule so the PD is on a Christmas light timer)

So here's my question: What should I replace the PD with?

*My considerations are as follows:

1) Bigger hits than the PD and easy to draw from (the EVO did spoil me on this)
2) Convenience/maintenance - I like being able to set-up, toke, and cleanup in less than 15 minutes
3) Durability & Reliability - again: using this in a garage with concrete floors and I hate waiting for repairs and replacements
4) Safety - Lots of flammable materials in the garage: no open flames

*Price - under $400 (must be through PayPal, sorry WoodScents fans)

At the moments here are the contenders:

*E-Nano

Pros - Similar to my PD but with temperature control
Cons - Bigger hits from other vapes

*Volcano Classic

Pros - Seems very durable/reliable
Cons - Bags might be a noisy PITA

*Plenty

Pros - Strong hits
Cons - Reducer chamber seems to increase draw resistance (?), otherwise an herb hog

What do you guys think?

8man

Thank you for your suggestion, Stu!

I do like the UD as well, especially the nylon stems since they're more durable than glass. I'm not too familiar with the VVPS, looks like it reduces the voltage from 12V to 0V. Can the UD get as much heat as a nano? Both seem very similar, any major differences I should consider between the two? Looks like some people get annoyed with the thicker cable on the nano, but the nano also has a light so I'd always know when it's drawing electricity.

8man,
Reactions: Stu

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Both seem very similar, any major differences I should consider between the two?
The biggest difference is that the E-Nano runs on AC power while the UD runs on DC power. They both perform quite well and would be an upgrade to the PD IMO. If you like the nylon stems like you're use to using with the PD then the UD might seem more up your alley. I use both of them inverted with my water toys for vaporbonging which you might want to give a go for nice smooth rips.

Good luck!

:peace:

sickmanfraud

@8man I suggest that you look into a hard-hitting portable. A portable gives you more flexibility to use in other rooms (if your living situation allows) and no clean up to speak of.

My personal choice would be a Tubo Evic. If you never leave the house with a vape, you can rely on charging the battery in place. if you want total "portability" you should consider a couple or 3 18650 batteries and an external charger.

The Milaana would also be suitable, but not the easiest vape to master.

Commander Cody

Underdog uses both nylon and all stainless stems that fit inside the core for small loads. Larger loads with the over the core glass stems. Nano has glass stem over the core only. The included vvps has a digital readout instead of the inline “dimmer type” switch on the Nano. I like the lighter very flexible 12v cords used with the UD. Once your vvps is plugged into your power cord, you can continue to the dog with any length cord that is convenient for your setup. Winter sale lasts only a few more days.

8man

Thank you all for your suggestions! I just placed an order for a UD. It's really helpful having knowledgeable stoners in one place to help out the chronically indecisive.

rogrog

I absolutely love my underdog, travel vvps, and d-020d bubbler. lives on my desk and I hit it throughout the day. never any drama, always works perfectly.

Top Bottom