Solo or Firewood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crussell27

Fellow vapor brother
Hey folks. Just been looking at different portable options and narrowed them down to two. Would this be convection vs Conduction? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

little maggie

This might get more responses in the ask FC thread. I think that the solo is far superior to the firewood- have them both and rarely use the firewood. The solo is much larger though so you might want to check out the air. The firewood is convection and the solo is conduction. Not sure why you narrowed it down to these 2. Have you checked on the milaana (convection) or the boundless vapes (conduction) or one of the butane ones like the sticky brick or the dynavap? You can get a very nice one for $30 and if you like it get one of the wood ones.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Hey folks. Just been looking at different portable options and narrowed them down to two. Would this be convection vs Conduction? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I think Solo is a must have, if it is the most sold/loved portable a reason must be there

I do not own a Firewood but, from what I read, it seems nice too but you have to choose side;

solo uses a mix of conduction and convection, it delivers in my opinion the easier thick vapor (set temp, wait for it to reach and stabilize, hit it gently) than any 100%convection device.

as firewood being 100% convection, I guess, you have to suck more air to get vapor coming (as with any 100% convection).

I agree with peaple saying 100% convection have a fresher taste longer but you have "to suffer" a little for it (meaning pulling useless hot air)

I own a Solo and a air is on his way, I have been following firewood thread but I preferred the solidity of the air than a new vape style, if vaping was my only pleasure I would own a FW too but I have to choose how to spend my money wisely

On the other hand:
If you want to buy a very controversial new vape, with possible glue smell (since it is assembled with a lot of it and despite someone try to deny it, glue is in the air path too) with a fragile main glass connection (drop it once with stem in it and it is probably in need to go back for repair), supporting an evil genius that doesn't care much of his customers then Milanos is your better choice.

If this is going to be your first portable as it seems I strongly recommend you an arizer (solo or air depending on your use-check centizen comparative review in best of threads (under the air section) this way you can set a very high standard to yourself and you will have years of flawless vaping (my experience with solo)

Good luck with your choice :)

mod note:
Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.

• Please do not revisit an issue unless you have helpful information or constructive comments to add.

Last edited:

little maggie

You can ignore the milaana bias in the previous post- I don't think that poster actually owns one. I have 2 and never had a glue smell. It's a great vape and the main one I use. Still if you want a simple, easy to use, good quality vaporizer and size doesn't matter I'd stick with the Solo. I've had mine for several years and never had a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom