• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Solo, Air, or Hopper

Mr.Sifter

hello,

I am downsizing my vape aresnal.
Right now i own 2 solos, 1 air, 1 verdamper and 1 mighty.

Mighty and damper will be sold.
Thats a fact.

Now, i think i need one bckup vape.

Would you guys

Solo + Air

Solo + hopper

Air + hopper

I really like the portability and the concept of the hopper.
Solo and air are reliable as a german tank.
I read a lot about hoppers breaking.
But a demand convection vape would be so nice.

anasrzi

If you don't mind waiting in line @Mr.Sifter i can highly recommend the Milaana from RBT if your a fan of on demand convection :). Just depends on if your patient enough or someone is getting rid of theres. Afraid to say I won't be anytime soon or we could have sorted something out.

I'd be worried about the hopper personally, not to say it'll break etc could be 100% solid but as you've said its a on going worry. What's the problem with the mighty?

anasrzi,

ZC

The hopper is great, but how are you planning on using it.

If you like having a session, taking hit after hit, the hopper gets too hot and batteries drain too quickly.

If you want a couple huge rips at a time, wait a while, and come back to it, then the hopper is perfect.

If you're mostly using at home, I'd recommend the Milaana over the grasshopper. Cooler vapor, more versatile, and the device doesn't get too hot to use like the hopper.

I have both and while they're both great, I only really use the hopper if I need to be stealthy, at home I'm always reaching for the Milaana.

The Mi is also going to be more reliable. It's such a simple circuit it's hard for anything to go wrong, where the Hopper is cutting edge but very finnicky.

EDIT: Also the Milaana has wide open air flow with no draw resistance, the Grasshopper has draw resistance pretty on par with the solo IME.

Last edited:

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Hopper is ok. Battery life is shit though. Like, for me, that is the biggest problem. I feel like I'm loading battery bullets into my grasshoper chamber every 3 or so loads. Kind of makes me feel like a badass gunslinger, but it's also annoying in reality. It is also fairly finicky. Most of the errors experienced can be finagled however, and the device seems to power through issues if you clean all connections when experiencing problems.

Don't really agree with the whole, take a couple rips and come back later thing though. There is literally about 3 good rips per load, and then maybe 2 progressively shitty hits after. Sure, you can get a larger quantity of wispy low temp hits, but that's not how I roll, and not how most others do either. The device just gets all gunked up when you let a load sit in it though. Then you have to take a stale rip or two to re-heat and milk basically an ABV hit so that you can easily dump the remainder. Not something I like doing, but to each their own. I personally load what I want, enjoy it and dump it while warm and super easy to remove from the hopper.

seaofgreens,
Reactions: ZC

Mr.Sifter

i think i will go with the ARIZER brothers.

SOLO and AIR

one for home and one for outdoor use.

Mr.Sifter,
Reactions: OF and ZC

Doktor Dub

Never change a running System.... if you know you like the Solo/Air, keep it.

For me personally, the GH is more of a special Occasion Vape - very stealthy, very social acceptable so it often gives me the Opportunity to vape where any other Vape would not be practical.
For me it feels not really like an only daily driver.

Are you sure you will be satisfied with only one Vape signature? If it would be me, i would keep the Mighty for late at Night or Weekends or something like this.

I m sure the Verdamper is great and all, but i would not want to have it in my Flat, more like a "Man Cave Vape"

Just my thoughts, YMMV

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Never change a running System.... if you know you like the Solo/Air, keep it.

For me personally, the GH is more of a special Occasion Vape - very stealthy, very social acceptable so it often gives me the Opportunity to vape where any other Vape would not be practical.
For me it feels not really like an only daily driver.

Are you sure you will be satisfied with only one Vape signature? If it would be me, i would keep the Mighty for late at Night or Weekends or something like this.

I m sure the Verdamper is great and all, but i would not want to have it in my Flat, more like a "Man Cave Vape"

Just my thoughts, YMMV
No one cares, however I've been trying to figure out the best portable for me?

My FIREFLY 1 = the FLAVOR was great until it died (It might be a fake)?
The SOLO = use it while in the garden. (super easy) Last a long time!

My HEAT IRON is the best however it's hard to control?
I like the NANO EVO SSV LSV DBV EQ VAP2 = The GonG's I break so non breakable is better!

The MIGHTY might be a decent one?

FLAVOR is important!
My LOTUS was my favorite one until my wife threw it away.

My COLAS never let me down for EFFECT.

What's the best portable?

@lazylathe might know?

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
@ataxian Thanks for throwing me to the lions!! LOL!

"What is the best portable?"

Well, there really is NO correct answer to this age old, since the dawn of vaporizers question!
Everyone is different, has different needs, requires different effects, has different ideas on what type is best.
Conduction or convection? Some prefer one over the other and a lot of medical users will swap between the two to achieve the desired effects.

Every time i rad a thread on "Best vape for me", i smirk and read the array of different answers, ideas and explanations as to why one vape is superior to another.

I have been on this journey for a while now and just look at my signature of all the vapes i have and have tried... Many of what some consider TOP vapes are not for me and they were sold and a lot of them were very high priced vaporizers.

I go for taste and effects and cloud production and ease of use.
I also like to rotate my vapes weekly in order to change up the vape signature all the time, keeps my tolerance lower i find.
I also try and stay away from new releases, don't want to be sending a vape in numerous times for repairs etc...

My best portable vapes are: (in no order of preference!)
1- MiniVap, best flavor and effects and so easy to use. Fair heat up time.
2-Supreme 3, requires a butane torch but this vape is a BEAST and will medicate anyone, anytime with flavor!
3- Milaana, 5 seconds to vapor, amazing taste with BIG clouds.
4- Lotus, Another butane vape, some learning curve but excellent once mastered.

An interesting thing to note is that they are ALL convection vaporizers, the Supreme can be mixed convection/conduction depending on how you load it.

If i had to choose just one, it would be the Supreme 3!
It's functional as hell and says to hell with esthetics!

Remember that this is a journey, there is no rush to get to the end so stop a bit and smell the flowers and test out some vapes till you find one, two, three or more vapes that you connect with.
There will always be someone to sell the ones you did not connect with to!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian Thanks for throwing me to the lions!! LOL!

"What is the best portable?"

Well, there really is NO correct answer to this age old, since the dawn of vaporizers question!
Everyone is different, has different needs, requires different effects, has different ideas on what type is best.
Conduction or convection? Some prefer one over the other and a lot of medical users will swap between the two to achieve the desired effects.

Every time i rad a thread on "Best vape for me", i smirk and read the array of different answers, ideas and explanations as to why one vape is superior to another.

I have been on this journey for a while now and just look at my signature of all the vapes i have and have tried... Many of what some consider TOP vapes are not for me and they were sold and a lot of them were very high priced vaporizers.

I go for taste and effects and cloud production and ease of use.
I also like to rotate my vapes weekly in order to change up the vape signature all the time, keeps my tolerance lower i find.
I also try and stay away from new releases, don't want to be sending a vape in numerous times for repairs etc...

My best portable vapes are: (in no order of preference!)
1- MiniVap, best flavor and effects and so easy to use. Fair heat up time.
2-Supreme 3, requires a butane torch but this vape is a BEAST and will medicate anyone, anytime with flavor!
3- Milaana, 5 seconds to vapor, amazing taste with BIG clouds.
4- Lotus, Another butane vape, some learning curve but excellent once mastered.

An interesting thing to note is that they are ALL convection vaporizers, the Supreme can be mixed convection/conduction depending on how you load it.

If i had to choose just one, it would be the Supreme 3!
It's functional as hell and says to hell with esthetics!

Remember that this is a journey, there is no rush to get to the end so stop a bit and smell the flowers and test out some vapes till you find one, two, three or more vapes that you connect with.
There will always be someone to sell the ones you did not connect with to!
@lazylathe Thank you so much!

You know more than most!
Plus your honest and unbiased review.

I use a plug-in most however I use a SOLO for my portable in my garden.
Had a FIRE FLY 1 - that I liked but the button doesn't work? (I got a FAKE maybe)?

So far the SOLO has flavor and a low effect I need for the day.
I haven't found the HOLY GRAIL of vaporizers? (portable)

CANNABIS wise it's easy!

Portables I'm at a lost?

YaFreekin Right

EDIT: Also the Milaana has wide open air flow with no draw resistance, the Grasshopper has draw resistance pretty on par with the solo IME.

I have a very different opinion on draw restriction. The Solo has way more restriction than the GH IMO.

ZC

Youre probably right, I've only used the solo a couple of times and I remember it being restrictive. I find the Hopper restrictive compared to the Milana but your probably right that it's more open than the solo.

ZC,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Youre probably right, I've only used the solo a couple of times and I remember it being restrictive. I find the Hopper restrictive compared to the Milana but your probably right that it's more open than the solo.
The first SOLO's were more restrictive.
PHVES GonG's and STEM'S improved the performance. I use mine everyday.

The new version SOLO is less restrictive.

CANNABIS is the HOLY GRAIL anyway!

What does the WOOD do?

subway13029

The first SOLO's were more restrictive.
PHVES GonG's and STEM'S improved the performance. I use mine everyday.

The new version SOLO is less restrictive.

CANNABIS is the HOLY GRAIL anyway!

What does the WOOD do?
ataxian i think you def should try the mighty out. i think you will be pleasantly surprised..

Gregori

CannaBoss
If you need a backup, you want it to be reliable. That's not the case with the GH. I have it for a year and it's been 3 times on warranty. I wouldn't recommand the GH as a backup.

Gregori,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
ataxian i think you def should try the mighty out. i think you will be pleasantly surprised..
I tried a CRAFTY and for some it's OK.
For me I did not like the taste.

I never tried a MIGHTY, however I heard it's like a CRAFTY just bigger?

SOLO x 2 batteries
AIR x 1 battery

I like my SOLO during the day.

Joints are the best however yellow teeth are not fashionable.

Help me find a portable I like?

So far the SOLO is pretty practical. (for me)
@lazylathe is a MINI VAPE the best?
My wife won't let me torch except for shatter. (I might be addicted?)

Last edited:
ataxian,
Reactions: Morty

little maggie

Just curious if you've tried the milaana. Or the vapcap. Several people have recommended it on this thread and you've expressed no interest. Is that because you've tried it and it's not a good fit?

ZC

Solo, Air, and Hopper are all good vapes but I'd personally hold both the FW4 and Milaana above them for a miriad of reasons. Vapcap is always good choice too though very different.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I happen to have a soft spot for the Solo. So if you had a Solo and a GH you would have the best of both worlds. I don't have a GH but will eventually get one. There is only so much money in the pocketbook.

I just bought a Woodscents Log from @Ed's TnT The GH might be might be my next portable. They are coming out with a couple of new Arizer portables on the horizon. Keeping my eyes on that.

CarolKing,
Reactions: Prolusio
Top Bottom