Solo 2 v E-Nano

sinjin1985

Hi everyone,

I was gonna purchase Arizer Solo 2 but in the last minute I discovered E-Nano...

I understand that one of the main differences is that Nano is wired and Solo 2 is wireless.

Also, reading around, people have been saying that E-Nano produces better vape than the Original Solo, and i've been wondering if Solo 2 produces closer to E-Nano's quality?

Is there anyone who have tried both vapes, Solo 2 and E-Nano, and can help me decide which one to get?

Thanks!

sinjin1985,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Welcome @sinjin1985 to FC.
A desk top such as a log vape will be a heavier hitter than a portable most of the time IMO. I don't have the new Solo 2 yet but I have the older model and the Enano hits heavier. I love my Solo. I do plan on buying the newer Solo 2 pretty soon.

It depends on what your needs are. Do you need a portable? Is most of your vaping at a stationary spot? You can plug the Enano anywhere even your back porch if you have a plugin. A log vape is pretty basic with no bells and whistles. You get to enjoy how beautiful they are. No digital temp dial.

The Enano has better flavor than my older model Solo that I have. They both have an all glass air path and are easy to maintain. The Enano uses less cannabis in its stem but you can use any amount. They both require a slow steady draw. I hear they have similar characteristics the newer and the older model Solo, that it didn't change much other than digital. Physically they do look different. I plan on getting the blue one.

Read through both threads and see what would work best for you.

Last edited:

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I have Solo, Air and E-Nano. Since all Arizer portables have the same heater and delivery and differ only in batteries and enclosure design, I can compare them.
Before getting the nano, I was thinking the same thing, since the stem design is so similar and they're both convection I thought they would vape similarly. Not at all.

The Arizer portables are conduction/convection hybrids with fairly high draw resistance. I think they're best for dry hitting, using them with waterpipes makes the draw resistance obviously uncomfortable. It takes a 6-12 minutes long session of several hits to finish the bowl. The heater is designed smartly so heat distribution is good enough that stirring is not needed. Load it, have an uninterrupted 10 minutes session and dump it.

The Nano is pure convection vape with much less restricted airflow and a lot more convection power so it can keep up with that (at least until the bowl is finsihed, it takes a little time to heat back up to start another bowl).
That makes it an awesome and very quick microdosing vape that works best paired with a waterpipe - it milk it very quickly and easily and its finished in few quick hits that you can take in much quicker that those long milkshake arizer hits.
Not as great with dray stem, since it needs at least one stir to really finish the bowl and stirring is much easier on a waterpipe, where the laod is very accesible and held in place by gravity. Also the free airflow and high power makes it hot on your lips/throat when you hit it dry.

I use the Air on the go, have some relaxing 10 minute dry session outside.
The nano heat up fast, but any log is best kept plugged in at one place in your home 24/7 - and you come to it, quickly load a bowl, vape it through waterpipe, stir, vape again and be finished in 2 minutes and continue with your day.

The sessions with Solo/Air are like joints, the nano is like a small bowl.

Last edited:

sinjin1985

Thank you both so much! Real valuable info there!

So to summarize:

Solo is portable, Enano isn't
Solo is hybrid, ENano is pure convection
Solo has less airflow, ENano has more airflow
With Solo you reach high in 12 mins, with ENano you get to the same level of high in 2 minutes (using the same amount of herb)
Solo's heat up times faster, Enano's slower (But it makes up for it by allowing you to finish faster)

Couple of more questions:

1. What makes the Nano more efficient than Solo? Is it because the Solo doesn't fully pull all the THC (etc..) from the herb? What if at the end of the session with Solo I move its herb to ENano, would I be able to get additional hits?

2. Which one triggers less cough? I assume the Air/Solo because the hits aren't as concentrated?

Thanks again! :)

sinjin1985,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Enano just extracts better because it has a more powerful heater. The stem you can adjust the screen to use less product. You might be able to get additional hits off the Nano after vaporizing your herb in the older model Solo or maybe not. Both vaporizers have their good points. It's the difference between most portables and a desk / plugin style unit.

I will have to say the Maalana is a pretty hard hitting portable. Its unregulated with no temp controls. Your draw determines the heat level. It does have a learning curve as you can imagine.

Best of luck on whichever unit you decide to buy. You never know if you're going to like a vaporizer until after you buy it unfortunately. There's always the classifieds. I've disliked a vaporizer at first then put it aside for a few months then go back to it. Sometimes I have a change of heart.

Last edited:

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
1. I would say it's because of how quick and convenient the nano is for microdosing.
It forces to microdose and then you realize you've actually had enough with that little bowl.
Microdosing is efficient by itself.
Vaping a microdose in a 12 minute session wouldn't be that satisfying, you probably wouldn't even get clouds.
So you would pack more to make the 12 minute session more satisfying even if you don't need that much.
I have tried to revape my Air ABV with nano and got nothing out of it. And I believe it would be the same the other way around.

2. Implied from my statement that Solo/Air is better for dry hits and nano for waterpipe:
For dry hits i think the Solo/Air makes less cough. The nano is too powerful and hot, too much hot air going into your mouth too quickly.
With waterpiepe, it might be the other way around, the Solo/Air would take a long time to inhale, staling the concentrated vapor in your throat.
The nano flows very quickly, so it would have less time to tickle your throat and make you cough.

Seek,

Sparkpug

I got a Solo2 recently for my bedside table but ended up using it almost exclusively for a few weeks and even put my Nano away... well until today. I took the Nano out of the drawer and back to its prime desk spot. Then got my dose in 1 pull, and decided to turn the dial up more and more and got 2 more, just because. I notice that after a Solo2 session I wheeze. It's not as bad as with a Plenty but it's there. I do not wheeze with the Nano and I felt medicated off the first pull instead of on the fourth. I'm glad I got the Solo2, it's a nice backup to an E-Nano.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I got a Solo2 recently for my bedside table but ended up using it almost exclusively for a few weeks and even put my Nano away... well until today. I took the Nano out of the drawer and back to its prime desk spot. Then got my dose in 1 pull, and decided to turn the dial up more and more and got 2 more, just because. I notice that after a Solo2 session I wheeze. It's not as bad as with a Plenty but it's there. I do not wheeze with the Nano and I felt medicated off the first pull instead of on the fourth. I'm glad I got the Solo2, it's a nice backup to an E-Nano.
I have 3 SOLO’s due to my collection hAbit?
The NANO first MAPLE then WALNUT!
I love wood a collection. (Timber’s)
Plus I had a shop near them.
Great Company Actually!
EPIC

Sparkpug

I agree @ataxian

I got the blue Solo2 to add to my collection of a regular maple E-Nano and a maple burl E-Nano (best unit -heats up in a minute and a half and looks awesome, no cracks after having left it on for 6+ months straight. I've also got a collection of Magic Flight Launch Boxes, another vape I love but have issues with -too easy to combust and too hard to recover from a combustion event.

The contrast is easy to see between the Solo2 and the E-Nano. The Solo2 does heat up fast but the sessions style throws me off. I get about 6 whispy clouds and have been unable to make my bong white. With a Nano, the bong gets so cloudily opaque it trips my funny senses and seems to placebo my high/feelies a bit.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I agree @ataxian

I got the blue Solo2 to add to my collection of a regular maple E-Nano and a maple burl E-Nano (best unit -heats up in a minute and a half and looks awesome, no cracks after having left it on for 6+ months straight. I've also got a collection of Magic Flight Launch Boxes, another vape I love but have issues with -too easy to combust and too hard to recover from a combustion event.

The contrast is easy to see between the Solo2 and the E-Nano. The Solo2 does heat up fast but the sessions style throws me off. I get about 6 whispy clouds and have been unable to make my bong white. With a Nano, the bong gets so cloudily opaque it trips my funny senses and seems to placebo my high/feelies a bit.
CANNABIS is my hobby actually and wood working besides reading.
The NANO is simple and beautiful?
For study it’s ideal!
Taste to my simple bud’s of flavor seeking delicious enjoyment?
I have a few vaporizer’ however my wife like’s the way it look’s!
For my need’s I love it!

hinglemccringleberry

@Sparkpug
Since we're comparing the Nano and Solo II, can you describe the flavor difference? We're taking about the difference between convection and conduction. But can someone put into words the way in which the Nano (presumably) has better flavor? Because the Solo ii has some darn good flavor. But it's conduction, so its not as good. But how is it not as good?
Is it identical but the Nano flavor lasts longer? Or is there something about convection that actually presents the terps better?

PS-- I don't think it's just a placebo adding to your high. That Nano milk is literally smacking you upside the head harder with cannabinoids. There was a Milaana reviewer talking about how these OD convection vapes simply get you to a noticeably higher level than Arizers and the like.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: ataxian

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
@Sparkpug
Since we're comparing the Nano and Solo II, can you describe the flavor difference? We're taking about the difference between convection and conduction. But can someone put into words the way in which the Nano (presumably) has better flavor? Because the Solo ii has some darn good flavor. But it's conduction, so its not as good. But how is it not as good?
Is it identical but the Nano flavor lasts longer? Or is there something about convection that actually presents the terps better?

PS-- I don't think it's just a placebo adding to your high. That Nano milk is literally smacking you upside the head harder with cannabinoids. There was a Milaana reviewer talking about how these OD convection vapes simply get you to a noticeably higher level than Arizers and the like.
So l feel I can weigh in as a new member, as I've had the solo 2 for a month or 2 and my e-nano arrived last night in gorgeous maple burl.

The solo can provide flavor for a handful of draws depending on the nugs, and its damn tasty and terpy. But on the e-nano, you can instantly extract some or ALL of the flavor from a nug, depending on your draw speed, temp, and length of hit. So much control and the size of the nug can range from 0.01 to 0.1.

Getting the temperature correct on a tiny nug has provided me with some culinary-level amounts of flavor, and much more heavily medicated vapor. From remarkably small amounts of bud. Started with a volcano less than a year ago, got the flipbrick and solo, now I'm here with the e-nano and am truly blown away.

Sparkpug

@mccringleberry Flavor is the one thing the Solo2 has lots of. After letting a pack heat soak the next few draws are wonderful and tasty. Faux-Lato has a spicy intensity to it I did not notice before, same for a lot of strains. The nano tastes good and it's definitely got a flavor, it just doesn't seem as intense to me. However, with the Solo I start around the upper 380°F range and end in the upper 420°s. On the Nano I take 1 hit at a 6.5 so there is a pretty big variation in uses. I probably am not notcing the Nano's flavor ability based on how I use it. It might be just as good as a Solo2 if I put a nug in instead.

I believe it about the OD convection vapes vs a Solo2/misc vape. I definitely didn't notice the high being on the same level, especially when I can easily do a 1 hitter quitter in the Nano and literally can't in the Solo.

Likun

Altthough most has alrady been said as a owner of both I must say it all come down to your needs/likes.
If you want to sip like forever on a small to medium amount of herbs with a quite restricted airflow and you want to do that without needing to have a power socket nearby get the solo 2.
If you want a few heavy hits out of tiny to small amounts of herbs and have no problem with the device being wired definitely get the e-nano over the solo. I'm considering selling my solo 2 as I rarely use it. The long sessions and the restricted airflows are just not my favorite.

Sparkpug

If you're into using water or glass or any sort of cooling apparatus/contraption you can get a few different water stems for the Solo, ranging from stock ones to some other designs. The @PlanetHaze PhDHES efficiency stem changes the airflow and makes it much wider making it easier to pull but not too loose and airy. The Vortex stem makes it feel even more open, so much so that it reminds me of why I don't like the general feel of Storz and Bickel products. It feels too open.

I got the High Efficiency water adapter in 14mm male and made my own converter with tubing. I have made a ton of things by connecting together the various parts with silicon tubing. I connected the the PhDHES Vortex water adapter to an E-Nano ice stem, to use in the Solo2 minus water for my bedside table, which is the reason I got the Solo2 and will keep it around for, just not as a daily driver.

I had only a tiny nugget of raspberry smash left so I decided to do it nugget style in the Nano. This is more comparable with the Solo2. I feel about what I would in a Solo2 session after 4 very light and extremely tasty pulls all at the same temp. There was almost no visible vapor moving through my pipe but my lungs were definitely filling up. It was very dark and spent after. It also really does taste like raspberries. Especially the aftertaste.

Sparkpug,
Top Bottom