Solo 2/Air 2 instead of a log vape for home use?

warren0728

so i'm thinking of getting a log vape or a solo 2/Air 2 for using as my primary at home vape. I want to microdose during the day (alone) and then share with one (usually) or occasionally 3-4 people.

my current line-up for reference: Sticky Brick Jr SE, a couple of vapcaps (both ss and titanium tip) and an xMax Starry POTV.

My main question is efficiency ... i know the log vapes are the king of efficiency ... how do the solo 2/air 2 compare? i know they are hybrids but are they mostly convection. can i load a stem, take a hit and leave it alone for awhile ? my other concern is airflow. i know the log vapes are unrestricted but how about the solo 2/air 2 ... i seem to see conflicting reports.

the main thing that bugs me about the log vapes is the cumbersome cord that stays attached ... but if there is enough of an advantage to going with a log i might be able to deal with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
warren0728,
Reactions: arb

Megaton

I have an OG air and a bunch of logs.

The air is good, but extracts slowly, so a bowl will last around ten minutes. I feel you kinda can microdose with the air, but for me if im microdosing, i want the whole dose at once, rather than slowly. I only use the air when im out in public as it kinda looks like an ecig with a short black stem.

I guess you could remove the stem between hits to reserve potency, but the og air at least take so long to heat up and then extract that its not worth it

Few vapes can beat a log in efficiency. A little bit of herb goes a long way. You can sip slow or rip a bowl in a few hits. Its always ready, it wont slow down when chain vaping.

Airflow will certainly be better on a log.

Personally i think for me a log and a water piece are the pinnacle of vaping. (I know there is the flowerpot, but i dont think it would safely fit into my lifestyle).

Commander Cody

I use OG Solo, OG Air, and different log vapes. Log vape is most versatile and will be the most efficient. Stems for Underdog Vapes can give tiny quick hits or fill the larger basket and it is a good session vape. Your concern about the combersome cord is more an issue with the E-Nano than other log vapes. The Nano cord is quite a bit heavier as it is running AC 110 from the wall to the device requiring a heavy cord. Most all other logs run off direct current @ 12 V and can use a much thinner cord that is not much of a hassle. The log vape will do better at the taking a hit and removing the load for later, but with the one hitter stem this is unnecessary. The Arizer products will cook the load since they are basically conduction vapes. You will lose flavor faster. You have no bad choices here. Go to Puff itUp for the OG Solo. $108 delivered. Underdog has complete kits for around $200. Both of these retailers are rock solid. Underdog’s shop recently burned in the Paradise fires but some stock is still available

warren0728

i think i'm leaning towards a log ... good point on the enano cord ... i hadn't thought of that. probably leaning towards an underdog to help out since they lost everything (so damn sad) but i like the woodscents too!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Don't fuck with the Arizers unless you like their draw resistance. Of the vapes I own the best on demand portables are my handmade convection vapes: the Lil Bud and the Tubo (I have a Tubo X though). The Lil Bud is my favorite because the unregulated, single button operation is really elegant and the flavor and convection effects are ideal for just a hit or two every so often.

Another good combo might be a log as home base and then a VapCap for when you don't want to be tethered to a cord. Since you heat your vapcap for each hit it's easy to stop between hits for a few minutes or a few hours as needed.

warren0728

Of the vapes I own the best on demand portables are my handmade convection vapes: the Lil Bud and the Tubo (I have a Tubo X though). The Lil Bud is my favorite because the unregulated, single button operation is really elegant and the flavor and convection effects are ideal for just a hit or two every so often.
i have looked at the lil bud and the milanna ... i like them and will probably end up with one down the line!

Another good combo might be a log as home base and then a VapCap for when you don't want to be tethered to a cord. Since you heat your vapcap for each hit it's easy to stop between hits for a few minutes or a few hours as needed.
i have a couple of vapcaps, a sbj and the starry potv, so i'm pretty covered for out and about ... i'll be using this mainly at home and usually with one other person. decisions decisions!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
i have looked at the lil bud and the milanna ... i like them and will probably end up with one down the line!

i have a couple of vapcaps, a sbj and the starry potv, so i'm pretty covered for out and about ... i'll be using this mainly at home and usually with one other person. decisions decisions!
There R Manley decent vaporizers 4 home use!
VAPCAP makes nice stuff 4 out and about or a quickie?

4 ME 4 what it’s worth?
EVO
SSV
PLENTY (no bag)
NANO (log type)
LSV (water tool)
EXTREME Q if $ is a factor?

Their is not a best!
Only U can Pick 4 yourself?

ataxian,

arb

Semi shaved ape
Life saber............. I own e nano's solos airs and volcanos and my favorite go to by far is the life saber by 7th floor.
Absolutely crushes the competition for performance,flavor and versatility.........totally my personal opinion of course.......lolz.

arb,
Reactions: bossman

sickmanfraud

My main question is efficiency ... i know the log vapes are the king of efficiency ... how do the solo 2/air 2 compare? i know they are hybrids but are they mostly convection. can i load a stem, take a hit and leave it alone for awhile ? my other concern is airflow. i know the log vapes are unrestricted but how about the solo 2/air 2 ... i seem to see conflicting reports.

I have owned a Solo OG for 6 years and an Air for 3-4 years Solo II for 1 yr.

If you want to use a stem up in less than 10 minutes you just need to turn the heat up. If you want to get maximum "convection-like" experience you just pull the stem out between rips. Removing the stem is also recommended (by me) as the best way to reuse the same stem over several short sessions.

I have had a Solo in my hands for over 6 years and I believe that a Solo is very efficient.

GREAT DEALS to be had on almost all vapes right now.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Sorry, I did read your post but forgot you said you had vapcaps.

You might share how you define microdosing. For me it just means that I'm good with .1g or so and don't need to vape a bowl two or three times that size in one session. Other folks just put less than a quarter load in a VapCap for just one small hit.

In case you're less familiar with other vapes that I've owned:

Lil Bud - a 3" to 4" glass-lined wooden stem smooths out the learning curve and gives more consistent performance. 18650 batteries are a bit annoying though and the LB heater likes them pretty close to fully charged. My LB also likes to be stirred every few hits.

Solo II - I also recommend sickmanfreud's technique of removing the stem between hits. It's not really on demand though. I find it less awkward with my Solo II or Fury 2 through water because the stem is already upside-down so it's like I'm just capping the stem with a heater for each hit. Since you don't like a restricted draw I wouldn't have the Solo II high up your list despite the killer prices right now.

Tubo - on demand as fuck but the draw resistance is wide open and the heater is no joke. I haven't figured out to best use mine. To this point it's been best for huge water hits. I can also enjoy sippingaat lower temps with a bent stem but it likes at least a rimmed basket screen full (.1g or so?) to get going. I find there's just too much air going through too wide a heater for it to make a proper cloud from a tiny dose. It's also not super portable because the ground glass joints are less secure by nature.

Fury 2 - you might consider getting one of these and trying with the bent glass stem or the stainless dosing capsules. Both are quite small and handy at home. I find the Fury 2 capsules to be too airy but the glass stem is great and produces good, comfortable vapor and quick extraction even half packed. You can remove the tiny bent stem for later or just partially fill it and finish it off in a few hits.

Last edited:

warren0728

i'm actually now leaning towards some sort of induction heater for my dynavaps ... after thinking through how i would actually be using my new device ... the induction heater checks all the boxes ...

little maggie

I have an induction heater and it has made a huge difference with my vapcaps. I got them when they were first released and just don't like butane.
Still I wonder if you've checked out the woodscent log? Not only is it a great log but it uses vapcaps for its stems. That way you get 2 vapes in 1: a log and a couple of vapcaps. Logs last forever and are virtually unbreakable.

Someone already recommended the tubo- to me it's like a portable log except you have the option of more settings for time, heat etc.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yeah, I'm always pimping my Pipes Jarhead and I'm in line for a Flux Deluxe. I honestly never use my vapcaps out so I'm interested how the portable IH helps me enjoy them more.

bossman,

little maggie

Yeah, I'm always pimping my Pipes Jarhead and I'm in line for a Flux Deluxe. I honestly never use my vapcaps out so I'm interested how the portable IH helps me enjoy them more.
Not sure what a flux deluxe is. I have a portside mini and love it. It's semi portable: too big to be portable but the charge lasts a long time so can be easily moved with no need for a plug.

Last edited:

warren0728

I have an induction heater and it has made a huge difference with my vapcaps. I got them when they were first released and just don't like butane.
Still I wonder if you've checked out the woodscent log? Not only is it a great log but it uses vapcaps for its stems. That way you get 2 vapes in 1: a log and a couple of vapcaps. Logs last forever and are virtually unbreakable.
i've looked at all the logs and the ws and the underdog are my favorites ... i have a couple of vapcaps already so really don't need another one ... i think i might try and build my own induction heater just for the fun of it ... but i still see a log sometime in my future!

warren0728,

little maggie

i've looked at all the logs and the ws and the underdog are my favorites ... i have a couple of vapcaps already so really don't need another one ... i think i might try and build my own induction heater just for the fun of it ... but i still see a log sometime in my future!
Don't forget to check the HI when you're ready for a log. I like the underdog and woodscent but Alan has designed some logs in interesting shapes as well as traditional log shapes.

Papa Woody

"The vapor is strong with this one"-Obi Onda Woody
I’m a big log fan that also has an OG Solo from 2011...you can’t go wrong with a log. You can’t go wrong with a Solo either...
2 totally different vapes...The Solo cooks the load so I do the entire bowl in one session. I don’t take the bowl out of the oven during the session. You can put as much in your bowl as you want, a few crumbles or a full bowl, your choice. You can take the Solo anywhere you want to go. However,
the log routinely kicks my ass. I pull my stem out of the heater between hits so the load cools quickly and doesn’t continue to cook. Extremely small loads are amazing little buzz generators...
Never have an issue with the power cord. If this is for purely home use, get a log.

Top Bottom