SoCal MMJ Recommendations

hiddengecko

I hope this thread is not in violation of any rules; if it is, please remove it!

I've just got my first real vaporizer - an Arizer Air. So far I've tried one strain in it - what the dispensary owner told me was "Five Star Cookies," a premium strain of the apparently legendary Girl Scout Cookies. It has a sweet, grassy flavor when vaporized, and a heady, cheerful high. I have had better highs, though none more comfortably or efficiently acquired, and it's definitely better than when when I combusted the same strain before.

So, that got me to wondering. Are there specific strains anyone can recommend? Particularly, are there any strains commonly available in Southern California medical dispensaries?

I understand this is highly subjective, but I'm not terribly experienced here and I'd like opinions if anyone is willing to give them.

MinnBobber

Hi,
not from So Cal but can you give those folks an idea of what you want in cannabis.
Are you looking for a heady and cerebral high (sativa) or more of a body high (indica) or a
combination (hybrid).
That info will help them immensely in giving you some ideas.

For recreation or pain management or creativity or uplifting your spirits??

randomtoker

Some classic California strains that are common in socal shops:

Sativa / sativa dominant hybrids (daytime, creative energy buzz):
- Blue Dream
- Headband
- Girl Scout Cookies

Indica / indica dominant hybrids (night time, sedating buzz):
- Tahoe OG
- White Widow
- Skywalker OG

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I'm gonna watch this thread as I feel it may give so good ideas for my secret indoor garden.

I'm so tempted to do girls scout cookies. As it's very commonly spoke about here on fc. Iv never seen it in th U.K.
And haven't been able to get seeds up till lately, on the seed bank it says that it's minty and chocolaty. Is this correct as I don't like mint or chocolate to be in my herbs.

kellya86,

randomtoker

Also +1 on @DDave & @psychonaut 's suggestions. LOL @ "if you need to clean the house". That Durban can get you accidentally wired like too much coffee sometimes. It's a strange one.

I'm gonna watch this thread as I feel it may give so good ideas for my secret indoor garden.

I'm so tempted to do girls scout cookies. As it's very commonly spoke about here on fc. Iv never seen it in th U.K.
And haven't been able to get seeds up till lately, on the seed bank it says that it's minty and chocolaty. Is this correct as I don't like mint or chocolate to be in my herbs.
I think it has those flavor accents in varying degrees depending on the variety of the strain. All of that is pretty subtle though, I don't think you'd not like the strain just because you don't like chocolate. GSC is a great strain, but keep in mind it flowers a little on the slower side (~10 weeks).

randomtoker

Also, @hiddengecko I find leafly.com a good resource for strain info. I check the updated menus of the dispensaries I frequent on weedmaps.com to find the deals, then search any strains that catch my eye on leafly.

Thanks @randomtoker . 10 weeks is fine by me, I like tricky sativas, so am used to this.

Any breeder recommendations for gsc????
Cali connection?
Nice, shouldn't be an issue for you then. No breeder recommendation or connection here, I'm not currently growing.

Last edited by a moderator:
randomtoker,
Reactions: DDave

SavedByTheVape

@hiddengecko , you should mos defffffy scope di SourD x StrawberryKush from Green Soldiers Healers (SoCal MMJ rock-star delivery service)!!! I met the founders at this years Emerald Cup and they told me that this is their signature organic strain from Happy Day Farms out of Mendo, CA (miracle growers of organic mastery & magic). High THC (20%+) with extremely high levels CBD (42%+)!! One little vapor sip later, my mind was mellow, my chronic spinal pain was nearly impossible to identify, and I was more irie on that hella fruity bud than I could've ever imagined :)

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
GSC and the phenos are all clone only at the moment. I personally didn’t like it, the durban poison comes out way too strong for me to use except as a wake and bake. The batch I got was rated at 23% and nugs so covered in trichs and dense, a quarter only filled up a baggie about a finger high. Bag appeal was insane.

psychonaut,

hiddengecko

Oh man, I'm really sorry for ignoring this thread for so long. I've been a little busy the past few days. As regards my preferences, they're somewhat varied. I like everything from indicas to sativas, and like hybrids as well.

I use cannabis to medicate social anxiety and a low appetite, as well as stress and the like; the numbing of pain is nice for when my back gets injured (One of those risks of being a very tall person) but it's not an essential or deciding factor.

I love euphoric, calming strains, and those exceptional indica strains that bring flashes of insight or even trippy closed-eye visuals and the like - I appreciate psychedelic effects very much. However, these strains aren't really good for "mixed company" socializing or studying, so they're limited mostly to days off and late nights.

For the rest, lucid sativas or midrange hybrids are great.

Good flavor is nice (I tried some oil based on Strawberry Cough once, which was excellent) but not essential; I'm interested more in the effects than the act of smoking. (Or vaping, which is a word that hurts my soul to type because deep down inside I'm an old person and I think it sounds silly.)

About the only effect I've noticed that I actively dislike is that some strains cause an uncomfortable body-awareness, with which my latent OCD leads to me feeling the need to wash and scrub my face incessantly, or makes known to me every minor papercut, pimple, or bruise that I had previously been able to easily ignore.

As regards Girl Scout Cookies, they're pretty good! It's not a super exciting strain - I've had a couple that make me feel almost like I'm on LSD, which is a feeling I adore - but it's a pleasant, innocuous high that leaves you feeling cheerful and mobile. The name fits - it's very approachable, and I'd recommend it as a "starter strain" for newbies any day.

Currently I'm working through a purchase of Grape Ape, which may be my favorite overall strain so far. It's potent, pleasant, and relaxes without causing uncomfortable or inconvenient levels of couch-lock.

hiddengecko,

foreverstrong

I am in NoCal, but there are three strains you can find in SoCal.

Gelato (Sativa or Indica leaning Hybrid, Girl Scout Cookies parent)
Sunset Sherbet (Indica Hybrid, Girl Scout Cookies parent)
Blue Dot (Sativa) - can be hard to find, suggest at least 2g

I have found that for me Gelato #41 is Sativa leaning and Gelato #45 is an Indica. I have not tried #33 or #25.

foreverstrong,

Nazz1

A couple of premium choices in SoCAL that are very good......but pricey.
Caviar Gold
Moon Rocks

Nazz1,
@hiddengecko , you should mos defffffy scope di SourD x StrawberryKush from Green Soldiers Healers (SoCal MMJ rock-star delivery service)!!! I met the founders at this years Emerald Cup and they told me that this is their signature organic strain from Happy Day Farms out of Mendo, CA (miracle growers of organic mastery & magic). High THC (20%+) with extremely high levels CBD (42%+)!! One little vapor sip later, my mind was mellow, my chronic spinal pain was nearly impossible to identify, and I was more irie on that hella fruity bud than I could've ever imagined :)
I got the Sour Strawberry at the Happy Day Farms booth at the Emerald Cup too and had a nice chat with the farmers Casey and Amber O'Neill. Great nose and perfect Sativa Dom hybrid effect. But I sure don't think it was 42% CBD.

archangelz001,

Bdubbdiblets

Well let's see...many to chose from. Blue dream and green crack are great sativas and imo are everywhere here..

SFV OG is also everywhere and usually pretty heady..

Hmm..this is fun

Girl Scout is also everywhere and very tasty..

You sure you wanna keep hearing my opinion.......................k;)

I've recently seen batches of Jesus og going around that are quite space cadet-y..:)

Hmmmmmm...(breath)

Lambs bread, bubba kush, jack herer, grapefruit kush, black water og, gorilla glue, mr nice, snow cap, banana kush, super silver haze, grape stomper, sky walker, train wreck, white widow, platinum og...(deep breath). Yeesh I guess this is to say...we get it all here..
.:cheers::bigleaf::cheers:

Happy 4th SoCal and all FC'ers!!!

Bdubbdiblets,
Top Bottom