So I've decided to take a little break from vaping

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
And decided to make some firecrackers, which worked pretty well, but the taste of the cannabis was still a moist plant taste. Like something fresh and green. Made my mouth taste tarty and made me a bit naseuas in the beginning.

I figure its the chlorophyll since I didnt decarb. This time I was too lazy to decarb and just shredded up the bud, took 2 crackers, spread the peanut butter, few drops of olive oil and applied heat.

I have done both with avb and fresh bud. While I find that the avb potent effects, I also find that the fresh bud has a nice leveled staircase buzz until the pinnacle.

So My question really is, at how many degrees and how much time can I decarb the bud to cease that chrophyll taste, but still have the right amount of goodies to make me feel like I am now?

I have desisted from decarbing, since many will say the the bud automatically decarbs itself when bake, others will intend to differ, but I felt like my crackers would burn way first before the baking bud turned dry and crsipy.

Last edited:
TheMadDabber,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
For a start, a well cured bud shouldnt have much detectable chlorophyll remaining within it, that's the whole point of the cure, to draw these undesirable compounds out, slow and controlled so as not to disrupt the cellular structure, and leave you wit that 'hay' smell...

So if your sure it's chlorophyll that you can smell/taste, then I recommend some extra curing with your product....

Baking undecarbed cannabis in a cake will be fine as the baking process will take care of the decarb for you, while the cake mix acts as a buffer to stop the herb burning....as may happen if you just dump it on top of a cracker....

There is loads of info on fc about decarb methods, a quick search will help you...

sickmanfraud

For a start, a well cured bud shouldnt have much detectable chlorophyll remaining within it, that's the whole point of the cure, to draw these undesirable compounds out, slow and controlled so as not to disrupt the cellular structure, and leave you wit that 'hay' smell...

So if your sure it's chlorophyll that you can smell/taste, then I recommend some extra curing with your product....

Baking undecarbed cannabis in a cake will be fine as the baking process will take care of the decarb for you, while the cake mix acts as a buffer to stop the herb burning....as may happen if you just dump it on top of a cracker....

There is loads of info on fc about decarb methods, a quick search will help you...

I am sorry to disagree, but if you want the best results decarb the cannabis BEFORE any cooking.

Decarb at 240F for 40 minutes for complete decarb.

If you don't believe me and want to be 100% sure make 2 firecrackers one with decarbed cannabis and one without. You'll see that decarb makes edibles much stronger.

Don't eat them 2 days straight or the tolerance from the first one may make the results hinkey.

BTW, how much cannabis do you use for one firecracker? I found firecrackers to be an inefficient use of my medicine.

sickmanfraud,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I am sorry to disagree, but if you want the best results decarb the cannabis BEFORE any cooking.

Decarb at 240F for 40 minutes for complete decarb.

If you don't believe me and want to be 100% sure make 2 firecrackers one with decarbed cannabis and one without. You'll see that decarb makes edibles much stronger.

Don't eat them 2 days straight or the tolerance from the first one may make the results hinkey.

BTW, how much cannabis do you use for one firecracker? I found firecrackers to be an inefficient use of my medicine.

Maybe you should re read my post...

At no point did I say that no decarb was better...

I agree that a decarb makes it better of course....

I was mealy trying to give him an easy option as he didn't seem to be too bothered about any processes, seems like he wanted a lazy option...

And for a lazy option, chucking fresh herb in a cake mix works OK...

Last edited:
kellya86,
Reactions: Squibler

RelaxedNow

If you want to minimize the chlorophyll taste, I've found the most effective method is a 12-hour soak in tepid water. I put the weed in a large bowl, and place a plate on top to keep it submerged. I then drain and replace the water 3-4 times over the 12-hour period (you'll see the water become less green with each change). I then dry and decarb in a gas oven at low temp.

You'll be thrilled with the results. I use the weed to infuse butter, and there is almost no chlorophyll taste. If you use the butter to make something like Rice Krispie treats, you'll detect only a very slight weed flavor, that is not offensive at all, and it cannot be detected in brownies in the least.

I'm not into eating ABV or non-ABV plant material, but I think this would make it as palatable as possible.

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
If you want to minimize the chlorophyll taste, I've found the most effective method is a 12-hour soak in tepid water. I put the weed in a large bowl, and place a plate on top to keep it submerged. I then drain and replace the water 3-4 times over the 12-hour period (you'll see the water become less green with each change). I then dry and decarb in a gas oven at low temp.

You'll be thrilled with the results. I use the weed to infuse butter, and there is almost no chlorophyll taste. If you use the butter to make something like Rice Krispie treats, you'll detect only a very slight weed flavor, that is not offensive at all, and it cannot be detected in brownies in the least.

I'm not into eating ABV or non-ABV plant material, but I think this would make it as palatable as possible.

Thank you. Exactly what Im looking for.

TheMadDabber,

biohacker

That water wash doesn't take anything away from the actives? I know THC isn't water soluble, but to soak the buds in water, just seems...I dunno, wrong?

biohacker,

lookhigh

FC member
Soak in water does work, leaves tasteless and no smell potent weed.
You can cure that way too, look up water cure.

sickmanfraud

If you make an ethanol tincture you can concentrate it as much as you want and then transfer the active ingredients (via solvent transfer) to coconut oil and you have almost no cannabis taste.

I find that making most of my monthly allotment into ethanol tincture(s) and transferring what I need/want to coconut oil as needed gives me great flexibility.

The best ethanol tincture thread, IMHO is over at GrassCity in a thread called "another tincture thread, try it, you'll like it"

If you decide on an ethanol tincture the folks on that thread will help with any questions you may have.

Top Bottom