Snow + Bong + PD (Or other vape)

gvape

Well, Im not a huge fan of winter but there is one thing that I cant get enough of when it snows and those are snow bongs? I did a search and was quite surprsied that no posts were posted on this. It is one of my all time favorite things to do and gives such a clean smooth hit. Anyone else who has snow post some pics of your glass filled with it. I assure if its like taking ice to the next level ;)

4 Perc Illadelph + Snow + PD = :o

gvape,

Vapenstien's Monster

Had to get it in because,.. well somebody had to say it....
It sure does work well but,
DON'T USE THE YELLOW SNOW!

Vapenstien's Monster,

Egzoset

Banned
That's possibly the most refreshing and creative idea we're seen expressed around here in a while!

But... Doesn't the snow start to get packed with use?

:brow:

Egzoset,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
Yeah Snow is fun. Although if you put to much, it will begin to melt a little while vaping making it less permeable and thus making it feel like your bong is clogged when you take a hit.

HighSti,
Reactions: Kuzmich
looks super chilled but Im sure the drag wouldn't have me being able to clear super hefty pulls. You think it is healthier to use snow compared to ice when it come to the throat becoming irratated by "frost"

biojuggernaut,

Egzoset

Banned
Rememberances from my child years are a bit foggy but i recall one can breath through snow, which is not true of ice...

Egzoset,

Nycdeisel

I have done this with a 2 foot bong that had over 1 feet of space for ice using combustion. Still not as smoothe as I would like(but yea it was smoke!). After a little while it became like a block of fucking ice!

Besides, who really wants very cold water? I like warm humid vapor personally, such as using a hot water vapor bong.

still interested in how it is with vapor, but I assume results are similar.

Nycdeisel,
Reactions: Kuzmich

gvape

Surprising I don't find any drag when I put the snow it. The hits are easy to take and the vapor travels through it smoothly. It does however melt together after a bit and you have to repack it again and empty the extra water. But then again.... it doesn't snow all year round and when it does gotta take advantage of it!

As far as the cold vs hot, each has its time. I do change it up from morning to night where as morning is usually ice and night is usually hot water. That is if I am not using room temperature water.

SmokingElectricity you should get a snow cone maker, lol? Then you could join the fun :)

Im going to test this with my SSV and turn it up a bit to see how some thicker vapor works through it. Ill post some pictures soon.

gvape,

Nycdeisel

haha I used to have a snow cone maker, but I bet I consumed way too much of those syrups when I was younger.

Nycdeisel,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I agree that that the icy cold rips can be quite refreshing (although they seem to irritate the lungs in the long-run).

I also have a couple of alternatives for using snow (and a snow alternative for the snowless) without having to constantly dump the water (or replace the snow nearly as often).

Idea 1: You could get a large salad bowl or appropriately tall pan, and fill it with snow after placing the bong in the center. For example, the tube posted by the OP could be placed in the center of the bowl/pan and one could pack a mound of snow around it (just below the GonG joint is best IMO). It may need to occasionally be repacked to be flush against the glass, and snow may have to be added or water removed for a REALLY long session. One thing to be aware of, however, is that the water in the base of the tube can begin to freeze if left encased in snow, unused for too long (and down-stem can sometimes get clogged with clumps of whipped, water logged oil).

Idea 2: You could fill your water-piece with glass seed beads ( http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=1751 ) , and place it in the freezer BEFORE filling it with water, or place it in the REFRIGERATOR after filling it with water and the beads. The tiny beads resemble snow in the way that they diffuse the vapor (and cool it when the beads are cold).

The second alternative is also an option for those who live in a climate that does not get snow (and don't happen to have their ice shaving tool/machine).

I am sure that the frog in my avatar, standing on the ice cliffs at sunset and blowing out a heart-shaped vapor cloud, would love these refreshing, icy-cold rips. :brow:

Progress,

gvape

Progress, I have never noticed the irritation on the throat with the ice/snow. I find that when I hit a vape without water its just dry and that bothers my throat more then anything. But still nothing compared to smoking.

I have always been way too afraid of covering the whole bong in snow. I have an irking something would crack or weaken the glass. Im sure it would be fine, im just afraid to taking the risk with such an expensive piece. Nonetheless great idea with a cheaper piece. Might be a good idea to try with some lower end glass.

As far as the beads... You got me hooked! I am interested and ready to place my order on some as I just posted in your thread about them to clarify it up so I dont make the wrong purchase.

I wish that you all had snow to try this out too. I will compare it to the beads once I get them. I bet the two together would provide a great hit.

Thanks everyone for checking out the thread!

gvape,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Gvape, caution is a good thing. The biggest concern with the snow is going from hot to cold (so make sure the glass is already cool to cold and you should be fine).

As far as those who do not have snow (or your beads yet) you could always use a bowl/pan of water with ice cubes.

As far as cold being more irritating, this is not solid fact (more of a speculation/observation). Picture how air feels on your throat/lungs at room temperature vs. how they feel on a very cold day.

No pics of snow cooled pieces, anyone? :brow: I guess that just means that the OP still has the undefeated coolest pic in the thread (pun intended). ;)

Progress,
Top Bottom