Snoop Dogg Herbal Vape by G Pen

JoshyBalls

Just Vape It!
If you think the Snoop Dogg G Pen is American made you are very badly mistaken.

I see you are located in the Far East. Perhaps you could get me some G-Pens for $1/piece. I don't doubt it. But they don't come with any warrantee. Just like I would never buy Ping golf clubs in China. Grenco-Science backs their product, I love Snoop Dogg and G-pen and America too!

JoshyBalls,
Well dude you seem happy so it's all good. If anyone actually listens to you and buys one then that would be unfortunate. Either way, all the best.

By the way. Ping irons from china are awesome. Just don't buy the drivers or fairway woods.

JoshyBalls

Just Vape It!
Well dude you seem happy so it's all good. If anyone actually listens to you and buys one then that would be unfortunate. Either way, all the best.

By the way. Ping irons from china are awesome. Just don't buy the drivers or fairway woods.

Yes thanks for your valuable input. I feel you are more disrespectful than ignorant, MrGweilo. So maybe one day you will lighten up and learn to use a vaporizer.

mod note: Please review the rules you agreed to abide by when you registered, especially the Be Nice section.

JoshyBalls,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I have some confidence to offer you in pens that is often overlooked especially with herbal pen vapes. Each vaporizer requires a little technique to maximize your vapor experience. At our shop we have the Buddy Vape, it's a metal version of the VaporGenie. I call it the "caveman vape" because you need to apply fire to heat it. But it's also my favorite beginner vape because the process of controlling heat and airflow is very manual, but it's difficult to burn the herb with this one. Once my customers master the Buddy Pipe, they move on to herbal pens for stealth or style, I consider the one touch pens to be intermediate vapes, because you control the temperature and it's important when vaping not to heat the herb too quickly. For all the herbal pens I've tried, they work best when the chamber is primed(hot). So if you are in a situation where you need a discreet vape, remember the one-touch pen requires a slow rise in temp for a true vape sesh. As I said Snoop's Herbal G is my choice for most powerful herbal vape pen, so far....
I hear you, I don't think Mr. Gweilo was trying to give out a disrespectful vibe or ignorant. We really just like ensuring that people are properly informed around here.

The thing is the parts most likely from China, I'm sure being mass produced, I don't imagine great quality control or high quality parts for the price. I have no clue about Grencos' REAL goals, but they seem to use popular people as a gimmick for a product they've already created. That within itself doesn't sit well with me.

In all honestly I can't recommend people buy vaporizers made from parts that I am not sure aren't quality, or have a good design. The fact is it can combust, and while it may be user error they aren't advertising ways to prevent combustion, nor are they aiming this device to people who would be interested in a learning a technique.

Pen vape wise, I recommend the T-Vape it won't combust, hasn't EVER done it to me. While it does require a technique the factor of not combusting even if used wrong is great.

I also can't recommend Grenco products as they all have a consistency around themselves of being the same thing, and not lasting long, some people do this for medical reasons and I don't want them to take a risk on a product with questionable reliability or recommend a vaporizer that combusts easier than it vapes.

But I don't doubt that this thing vaporizes and I hope I meet someone in reality with one so I can hone my technique with it and at least inform of the proper technique. But if you really want some believers, abv pics and a video creating that abv would be appreciated, my real question is how many hits can you get from .1-2g of herb, the T-Vape gets 12+ AT LEAST, if you like ABV you could be hitting that thing all day.

Last edited:

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations everyone,

...a vaporizer that combusts easier than it vapes.

Last night i had some interesting conversation over the telephone with a person who spontaneously chose the Snoop Dogg while we were shopping around in search for a portable last month. In the end he's simply not using it: it's picking up dust because he prefers joints so far! Though he sounded impressed about battery capacity so i'm thinking next time we meet i'll put a thin ceramic filter wafer inside his pen vape and see what comes out, but i begin to doubt this will suffice as he wants this to be real easy.

So, i wish to know if there are compatible power regulation modules which would transform this product into what it was expected to be. The MANUAL side (lack of control) wasn't advertized at the moment of purchase, is it even possible to insert an electronic regulator section between the battery and a Snoop Dogg vaporisation chamber?

:peace:

Egzoset,
Reactions: Caligula

misanthrope

Just an update, my friend is still getting on okay with his pen and says he keeps it clean and has not had to replace any parts.

This guy has little experience of vaping and is more a weekly than daily user but claims it gets him "very stoned" and gives off "very little smell compared to smoking".

Doubt I'll ever buy one but I guess it's a stepping stone towards vaping for some people.

misanthrope,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Misanthrope,

...my friend... ...keeps it clean and has not had to replace any parts.

He was certainly more careful than the owner of some unit i've just inherited today!

:doh:

...more a weekly than daily user but claims it gets him "very stoned"...

Joints installed in a "tokeu" (smoking tool) used to get me properly intoxicated too as i recall, but i've quit smoking definitely a long time ago... There was a spare foamy-rock from a previous acquisition of mine, the Vapor-Bat (...), which once trimmed to fit the glass cylinder failed to work as i was hoping it might, because the thickness was simply too much for the available power i believe... Maybe if i make it less than 1 mm thick, oh well... By chance i have my own vaporizer!!

Doubt I'll ever buy one but I guess it's a stepping stone towards vaping for some people.

Not even a stepping stone IMHO, at least i won't let a close relative do it again!

Anyway i'll try a few more tricks after a full recharge tomorrow but i'm not expecting a miracle.

Egzoset

Banned
UPDATE

My 1st image clearly displays a pair of holes physically connected through a central-axis tube:

1zh2vcn.jpg

(Cleanup - Before)

Actually there are 2 more holes on the opposite side but those were not captured during my camera session somehow. The 2 tiny fresh-air inlet openings share a common cavity with the electrical connection but a silicone ring appears to seal it off and hence it appears reasonable to assume that the electronics and battery are effectively contained and separated from the air/cannabic paths. On another hand i wonder what would happen with that seal in presence of a stong pressure...

This was after i put the heater coil back into it's receptacle:

1679sh4.jpg

(Cleanup - After)
The feature i like most about this product would have to do with its user-serviceable heater coil, not to mention the fact that a precision tool was included to serve as a screw-driver - a perfect match for such tiny screws! My pictures above show that i was able to disassemble the coil for an improved cleaning job on its ceramic plate... Unfortunately the foamy-rock (from a Vapor-Bat) cracked into pieces since then, so that's the end of my experiments with that Snoop DogG i guess!

:doh:

Here's what i did. After a full charge i gave it 3 complete heating cycles first and then started to inhale slowly to help the heat to diffuse... M'well, i think i tried something like 15 cycles and then the battery seemed to protest as the blue LED went dimmer and flickered at times.

The irregular and dense foamy-rock material is too opaque for this application anyway, even when 1 mm thick i couldn't see through it!! Maybe the VG Ceramic Filter stuff would be a significantly different story. I'd like to try that very much, eventually...

I did obtain some cannabic vapor once, more like an exception than the device's intended function i'm sorry to admit!

Perhaps later this summer...

Last edited:

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations everybody,

Relatively to the Snoopy DogG structure, more specifically:

Using this picture i can tell the exact point of entry for inlet air arriving through the center axial pole (under a screw), though we could see that feature better in my previous post i must add... Anyway, for all i know this is hardly optimized as a convection heat-exchanger; actually i'm not even sure there's significant convection at all, or any heat-exhanger, because what i see reminds me of the oven in my kitchen and i'm pretty certain i never ever place cookie plates directly on top of my oven's heating element!

Which brings me to the motive for my present intervention: i seek suggestions for some convection-based "G Pen Herbal Tank" compatible replacement.

With so little power available why waste it in a radiator that ends up baking past roasted?... I'm thinking maybe the manufacturer has something more appropriate for my own taste; the user-serviceable feature is cute but i suppose that more convection would be a most prefered asset, to be honnest.

Egzoset,

Egzoset

Banned
UPDATE

2ij1e86.jpg

(Snoopy DogG - Real "Foamy-Rock")

This "puck" from a Vapor-Bat wasn't even worth a try. The alternative shown below seemed much more promising on another hand:

30ihn6g.jpg

(Snoopy DogG - Refurbished VG Ceramic Filter)

2yki7vm.jpg

(Snoopy DogG - 2 mm thick disk installed)

The disc still apeared to be too thick so i trimmed it down to slightly less than 1 mm. Battery on charge at the moment...

:science:

Considering i was able to obtain 1 decent inhalation (e.g. enough to choke on it) and this could be replicated later 1 more time then the chances are i should manage to improve my accomplishments next time, using a glass stem with plumbing teflon sealing-tape instead of plastic...

A tiny fluffy cotton ball inside my glass stem should catch particles but i still need the dual metal filter to keep vegetal bits from flying around. Also, judging from what i've seen so far i expect it will be necessary to use a dozen successive heating sequences (until it flashes) simply to pre-heat, then we'll see how it pays to have 1 mm of VG Ceramic Filter material removed... I just hope i don't need to get my fingers too hot!

Egzoset,
Reactions: Jahannum

doc

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/a...-one-hitter-quitter.10360/page-30#post-593940

if you want to vape herbs place the (MICRO) coil underneath the ceramic dish instead of on top. You wont need the glass screen and if you have a multimeter make sure the resistance is above 1.5 and below 3, this will determine your final power output and battery life. Make sure the wires DONT cross or you'll have a short circuit. YOU MUST PUSLE FOR DRY HERB. If your snoop pen isn't getting hot enough you need to put the connector on a stronger battery or use an electronics PCB to boost voltage. HAVE FUN FC!!

edit: thicker gauge kanthal heat up AND cools down slowly, you might want to look into 28g or thinner 30g for making a little oven. 32g and below wont last long under heat, and its gets to peak power too quickly. I think grenco uses nichrome wire which is weaker than kanthal as well.

EDIT 2 : Examples of microcoils
https://www.google.com/search?q=mic...OGqgacjIKADA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1280&bih=618

Does anyone know if that fast tech snoop pen is really 510? That would save me from wasting a PCB on this unfinished, unregulated box mod I've been abusing.

EDIT 3: When you recoil the snoop atty make sure to dry burn off all the oils from your hands, it'll tatste nasty for a minute if you dont.

Last edited:
doc,
Reactions: Egzoset

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Doc,

This appears to be about modding, perhaps you can tell what good the battery module is in terms of dry flower vaporism, using an alternate top module instead of the one that came in the box...

...place the (MICRO) coil underneath the ceramic dish...

Quite close to the word it inspired me: doesn't nano-coil sound more like it!
65.gif

You wont need the glass screen...

When i tried with VaporGenie Ceramic Filter material it appeared even 1 mm was too thick and i'd have needed to cut this in half, which i didn't as i lost all interest, after telling the owner of the Snoop DogG i keep here that he'll nerver manage with such a challenge...

Silicon Carbide refractory material (whatever) makes sense to me and ceramic belongs with that, at least we may reach some agreement there, though personally my own motivation would be to find a different vaporizing chamber to suggest the actual owner.

It would be nice if there were such a thing that can fix this item, because as it is none of us wants to even play with it. Me because of the awful taste left by frequent combustion incidents, him because it's not working and too complicated...

Do i make sense or is this a non-standardized product?

Egzoset,

doc

Salutations Doc,

This appears to be about modding, perhaps you can tell what good the battery module is in terms of dry flower vaporism, using an alternate top module instead of the one that came in the box...

Quite close to the word it inspired me: doesn't nano-coil sound more like it!
65.gif

When i tried with VaporGenie Ceramic Filter material it appeared even 1 mm was too thick and i'd have needed to cut this in half, which i didn't as i lost all interest, after telling the owner of the Snoop DogG i keep here that he'll nerver manage with such a challenge...

Silicon Carbide refractory material (whatever) makes sense to me and ceramic belongs with that, at least we may reach some agreement there, though personally my own motivation would be to find a different vaporizing chamber to suggest the actual owner.

It would be nice if there were such a thing that can fix this item, because as it is none of us wants to even play with it. Me because of the awful taste left by frequent combustion incidents, him because it's not working and too complicated...

Do i make sense or is this a non-standardized product?

Yes, that project is good if you have spare parts, and you consider your gpen to be spare parts :D

Adding a voltage/wattage control would allow you to control the final power output, or heat. I tested it a little bit for dry herb, and you have to keep in mind you're inhaling HOT air from a short distance. It works, but it is troublesome. I ended up buying a special type of ceramic wick that will never burn, and the wire I used should last a very long time. The box with the battery you see in the post was made from spare parts because I wanted more power from the unit without making a smaller coil. Now it runs a bit too hot in the box, but more or less perfect on the gpen. The metal sleeve was eventually tossed because I noticed paint coming off, and I made a drip tip.

If I had a VV module I'm sure I'd be able to "dial in" a good vape temperature, but right now its not really in my budget to make a dedicated miniature flower vape. I REALLY like the way I built it for concentrates because its so easy. I can load a lot and be done for a day or two versus loading a new chamber of herb every few puffs or so.

As of right now I cannot find ANY rebuildable device suited for vaporizing dry herb.

doc,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Doc,

...the way I built it for concentrates...

Maybe i should recommend the owner to try oily extracts on the same pourous material mentioned previously, because it's refractory and the heat source can't be made much closer than that... He knows about the glass/ceramic separators so if he still wants it that would be his option i guess.

Egzoset,

doc

Salutations Doc,

Maybe i should recommend the owner to try oily extracts on the same pourous material mentioned previously, because it's refractory and the heat source can't be made much closer than that... He knows about the glass/ceramic separators so if he still wants it that would be his option i guess.

http://store.rbasupplies.com/readyx...-usa-up-to-a-750-000-00-penalty-per-incident/

this is what I used, I'm sorry but I guess they don't ship outside the US :(

doc,
Reactions: Egzoset

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again Doc,

I get the idea, now that might possibly lead to wafers as thin as those i'd need to want to give it a try again!

Great find, we'll see that around here too i hope. Sooner or later...

Egzoset,

dankity3

Does anyone know the thread sizes of both the herbal tank and microg herbal tank? I have a 510 battery and I also have 510 to 601 adapters, would I be able to get this working on an itaste mvp or vv? Thanks in advance

dankity3,

dabdicatedserver

http://www.grencoscience.com/products/snoopdogg

Looks like a pen designed for dry herbs! I'd like to think Snoop wouldn't want his name on a low quality product, but I guess thats to be determined. Very tempting at only $99... Zenpen watch out?!?

crappy kanthal wires and does not vape at all - the fakes on ebay are just as good as the originals too - i have tested both

dabdicatedserver,
Reactions: jl420

jl420

I just picked up a S.D. Micro G and it worked great the first day but went on the fritz the next day. I won't hold a charge and just flashes 3 blinking lights everytime I press the button. I contacted Grencoscience and mailed it back for a warranty eval. Is there a site I can go to for accessories for the Micro G (replacement coils/globes) ? I'll keep posting how I make out with Grencoscience...

jl420,

Alt101

I just recently received one of these "vaporizers" as a gift. Overall, as many people have pointed out, it will burn the crap out of whatever you put into it. Its not a vaporizer, it is more like an electric one hitter which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The metal coil that is used to heat the material gets red hot, over 540F/282C after a few seconds. I've trimmed down a metal screen to work as a barrier between the coil and the material and overall it works a lot better. Packaging is nice and the extras that come with the pen are also nice. The little metal poker / scoop is very handy, I will be using it with my MFLB for sure. The two glass containers that it comes with are also nice and I'm sure I'll be able to get some use out of them. Grinder card is what it is, I won't be using it as I have better grinders but I can see it being hand in a pinch.

The take away for me is that it will get you high, it does work, but so does a one hitter and a lighter which is a hell of a lot cheaper. If you're looking for a vaporizer this isn't what you want. If you're looking for a one hitter that looks like a e-cig, then you might get some use out of this. You could easily pack it, throw it in your pocket and take a hit from it whenever you want while you are out and about. You'll just probably want to be outside because it will smell and it will produce smoke.

Z0Vb8E6.jpg

w3Deb9c.jpg

vCoo34P.jpg
SlWksVa.jpg

5chkhjw.jpg

7uwFZZi.jpg
XEPoTp3.jpg

YWbWSm2.jpg

6Pd8bzD.jpg

1eKPs55.jpg
bOzT0lB.jpg

glt0sph.jpg

LIMM4jk.jpg

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I got one as a gift with my Boss, it really seems to be a crappy pen, you get a burn taste after the first hit even with a small spacer between the heating element and your load....maybe it will work with hash...?

I'm only happy to get the 2 glass jars, the tool and a spare battery cause i don't expect anything of this vape, I even don't want to try anymore!

PPN,
Top Bottom