Smoking vs Vaporizing

Drigh

I'm fairly new to the cannabis world and I'm in the process of deciding which method would be the best choice for myself. I posted a thread on 420chan asking the people there what their reasons for choosing to smoke over vaporizing are. For the most part, I wasn't satisfied with their justifications.

(sorry, the link is dead so i took it out)

Now, what I want to know is what the vaporizing community thinks about all the points from both sides. I look forward to hearing your reply!

Drigh,

Drigh

I'm sorry. I believe i posted this in the wrong place. Could someone please move this thread to the correct place. Sorry for the trouble.

Drigh,

albe

people are too used to the combustion by-products, which imo is why they are resistant to vaping... if indeed they've even tried it yet. At least thats my experience with smokers...

also for people who smoke tobacco, maybe they don't see the point to stop combusting weed if they still smoke ciggies. Some people where i live (Australia) also like to add 'spin' (tobaccy) to their weed to make it last longer. And hence they get hooked on the nicotine. If they could quit the latter habit then they'd save more weed vaping than they would by adding tobacco !

albe,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
+1 to that.

For me, vaping is so much more than just the overall 'medicating' that I am striving for. Its about enjoying it slowly and more thouroughly. I can actually TASTE the herb when I vape it, and even schwag tastes halfway decent without having to roll a joint/spliff.

Not to mention it smells WAY less, high is cleaner yaddy yaddah.

Vaping is not for everyone (as edibles arent for everyone either) I have friends who are still die hard smokers (even though they quit smoking tobacco because of the health risks)

AGBeer,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Yeah, there's no way you're going to get many ppl in these forums to recommend smoking lol, i mean the URL kinda gives it away that we're going to have a strong preference.

My choice of vaporization came a while after i had decided to quit cigarettes. My lungs/breathing didn't improve as drastically as i thought it would after quitting cigarettes. So, of course, the next logical thing to look into eliminating was the other sort of smoke i was still inhaling on a daily basis. About a month after i switched to vaporization and stopped inhaling smoke completely, i felt loads better. I could take deep breaths without getting a tickle deep in my lungs, and I can easily hold my breath long enough if someone rips a big fart nearby. So that was the main reason i chose vaporization, health.

At the time i was concerned taht it wouldnt be as efficient as smoking and that i'd end up going through more fast. In the end tho, i get more hits per quantity than i do with smoking. My consumption has maybe increased a bit, but thats just because I totally enjoy every aspect of the experience now, teh taste, smell, everything, so i do it more often.

So yeah vapor is 50x smoother than smoke, the taste is like delicious perfectly-cooked gourmet food compared to the fast-food-burger-doused-with-butane-and-lit-on-fire flavor of smoke. Every type of bud has it's own delicious (even the not-so-good stuff) unique flavor that just flows across your tongue as you exhale your hits with none of the samey, scorched harshness to take away from it. And there's none of that disgusting tar/glue that gets on your lips or anything like you get from joints. It really is love-at-first-hit for vapor.

ppl have mentioned theres little/no smell, and it's true. If someone blows vapor in your face, it smells about like if you stuck your nose in teh bag and took a whiff. maybe 10 seconds later tho (less depending on the circulation) and that smell is gone. the vapor dissipates fast, and so does any smell. My clothes, furniture, computers, fans, carpet, curtains, everything has ceased to smell like pot. I dont have ashes on my desk and if i spill my bong or something it doesn't smell like bongwater. I've accidentally combusted weed in my vape once and it was a shocking, horrifyingly stinky experience. I immediately blew the bowl out the window when i saw/tasted smoke and cranked on some fans and boiled my glass and replaced the hose to get rid of the smell/flavor as fast as i could, but it stayed around for days and my g/f got home later taht day and was like "wtf is that smell?!" from all the way downstairs lol. Hard to believe how stinky that smoke really was for all those years. Non-smokers smell it like crazy, and some ppl you really dont want to, co-workers, parents, etc. Since i switched to vaping, everyone probably thinks i quit consuming cannabis altogether lol.

Really, vaping is better in every shape and form. It's cleaner, healthier, more effective. Some ppl complain about it not being as portable as smoking a J or something, but they do make portable vapes. I personally would rather wait to get to the comfort of my home b4 vaping, so it doesnt bother me. Some ppl ( no one who's hit my buddha vape tho) have said that the highs aren't as intense or whatever, but, as others have said, vapor doesnt trigger certain antibodies in your body like smoke does. I like that though because the high is clearer and more enjoyable and less of a burned out sick sort of feeling.

I think ppl who prefer the effects of smoke over vapor should just do themselves a favor and switch to a heavier drug so they can get more of that crappy feeling they enjoy for some reason lol. I love a good clean THC high though. I love the numbness in the limbs/face and the floaty body feeling and chipper mood without the grogginess and runny nose, watery eyes, sore throat and headache that come with smoke.

just my $0.02

steiner666,

flanman

i just find it amusing how pretty much the only vap they talk about is the volcano and how it isn't portable and you can only get a good vap for $300+ :lol: i guess nobody there has heard of...well, a lot of the vaps on the market

flanman,

Drigh

flanman said:
i just find it amusing how pretty much the only vap they talk about is the volcano and how it isn't portable and you can only get a good vap for $300+ :lol: i guess nobody there has heard of...well, a lot of the vaps on the market
That is a big reason why i think some of the "smokers" are irrationally choosing smoking over vaping. It just doesn't seem reasonable. It almost as if they are intentionally straw man'ing vaporizers and then arguing against this false idea, but its more likely that it is all happening subconsciously. "vaporizing only gets THC, no other cannabinoids." "you use weed faster than smoking"... "vaporizing is actually less healthy than smoking" maybe trolls.

Drigh,

flanman

well i read numerous posts that stated "smoking tastes so much better than vaping, vaping tastes like shit" which i find extremely hard to believe. one guy even had the nerve to say that smoking was healthier than vaping and that it was a proven fact and that smoking was more efficient, which was a proven fact

flanman,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
In a nutshell: Kids think smoking is new and cool. The health aspect isn't an issue because they think they're invincible. Kids don't have a lot of disposable income, so dropping 2 bills on a vaporizer is out of the question.

vtac,

Drigh

Not that its that big of a deal, but i think whoever changed the title of my original post from "Smoking vs Vaporizing" to "Teenagers and vaporizers" has done so with a misunderstanding of the content in the post. I in no way meant to say anything about age in relation to vaporizing. Although I technically am a teenager, I'm nearly 20, i just happened to stay away from cannabis until now. One other thing is that changing the title makes me feel like i will be misunderstood and to a small extent, violated and belittled. :/

Drigh,

shantytown007

I also think a lot of people may be turned off by using low-quality vapes. Before I got my VaporDoc (free from a friend who was leaving the country), my only experience with vaping had been with low quality vapes that made everything taste like burnt popcorn, and felt like they took forever to get a decent hit. Had my experience with vaping ended here, I would advocate combustion over vaping.

Even with the VaporDoc, I still usually combusted afterwards to get that 'heavy medicated' feeling. I had a hard time selling the idea of Vape-only to myself, and no way I was going to convince my friends.

That all changed with the SSV. Holy cow, it's like a jet engine. Instant converts from anyone who tried it. Lots of flavor and vapor.

Same with the PD, though my non and seldom toking relatives and friends def. prefer the PD - very non-threatening, easy instructions ('Pretend it's a milkshake').

The MFLB has proven to be a huge hit at family gatherings and nights on the town - mainly for its stealthiness and odorlessness.

So If up against people who dislike vaping, try to find out what vapes they have used, you may be able to point them towards the vape/vapes that first made you a believer. I'd bet that a vast majority here on FC started with combustion, and at some point had an 'awakening' that converted them to vaping- that's the kind of stuff that people prefer to hear, IMO, not a laundry list of scientific advantages.

shantytown007,

Kush Vapez

My stoner input.

Perhaps they like seeing the satisfaction of blowing out a cloud of smoke? I used to take .5 gram bong rips and used to blow clouds. lol

I think a lot of people overlook the best part of vaporizers. You save money in the long run. A nice efficient vape will send you to outerspace with less herb then you would use combusting. Hence more cash in your wallet. Of course you could still use the same amount. Just tell me what pluto is like when you get back. Not to mention, you can save your vaped herb in a ABV jar. (already been vaped) When you get a lot of that you can actually use it to make edibles. Haven't tried it yet, for I am new to the vapor world but from what I hear you get really lifted. :lol:

Hope that helps.

Excuse me I believe my iolite has heated up. :cool:

Kush Vapez,

Raf007

Retailer
IMO people still combust because of their lack of knowledge on vaporizing.
I still have some friends who don't believe me when I tell them that vaporizing is like almost harmless, espially if you compare to combusting.
Maybe if they took the time to read ... and to try for good.

I'm SOOOO glad I quit combusting !! ... and I was a heavy combuster, like 15 bongs/ 8 spliffs a day on a good day.
Now, whenever I see people combust I am kind of "sad" for them (no offense to anyone here)... they don't know what they are missing.

Raf007,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
My stoner input.

Perhaps they like seeing the satisfaction of blowing out a cloud of smoke? I used to take .5 gram bong rips and used to blow clouds. lol
I missed that satisfaction, then I invested in a really high powered lamp.

Now my vapor clouds are larger then when I used to smoke, my entire room just fogs up with lingering vapor.

Chubba,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
^^^^ exactly. I've blown some fucking HUGE clouds of vapor. The heatwand is known for this and lives up to it. I too loved blowing huge bong clouds and get to use my glass with vapor now. It doesn't get as gross with res build up and if it does you can clean it much easier. You just need a good light. The clouds are still there just waaay lighter. Vape in direct sunlight if atall possible for the best results

minnesnowta,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
It's amazing what a bit of harsh light can do for someone's opinion on vaping - - "Oh, I didn't realize I was taking that big of a hit."

I like what my boss said concerning smoke and vaporizing, has nothing to do with smoking vs vaporization, just a funny observation.
"When you smoke it is a rule that someone must have a lighter, if you ask a vaporist for a lighter they will look at you like you are insane."

DevoTheStrange,

SmogTown

DevoTheStrange said:
"When you smoke it is a rule that someone must have a lighter, if you ask a vaporist for a lighter they will look at you like you are insane."
:lol: True :lol:

SmogTown,

Raf007

Retailer
SmogTown said:
DevoTheStrange said:
:lol: True :lol:
Soooo True !
A friend accused me of giving him that look when asked for a lighter.
And yesterday a friend took his lighter while getting ready to hit the balloon ;)

Raf007,

frogbmth

I think things are very slowly changing. The e-cigarette community have taken to vaping in a synthetic form and people are starting to think more about vaporization of tobacco products. The future of e-cigs is bleak in the long term and those newly converted vapers have needs.

The ploom is probably the first vaporizer aimed at smokers and it's affordable although the pods are a rip off. Hopefully this is the first of many smoking alternatives aimed at smokers and the start of a well overdue change towards harm reduction.

Andy

frogbmth,

StationX

Talking of e-cigs, which is vaporizing and therefore relevant, I hear that the UK Government (corruption rules Britannia) is intent on banning them! :o

They say they don't know what's in them and thats the reason.

Personally I feel that the UK Government's real reason for banning e-cigs is due to the losses in revenue it will suffer from the sales of real cigarettes. Lets face it, the Government of the UK makes the biggest most massive profits from the sale of tobacco products in the UK, making the UK Government the UK's biggest recreational drug dealer (profiteering by 10 billion in revenues in 2008-09).

They will therefore force people to smoke.

People who smoke are dependant upon nicotine, most will smoke till they die or are killed by it. It is very very hard to stop it unless an alternative is provided.

E-cigs provide a safer alternative; not just a bit safer, Health New Zealand, the only people I can find to have carried out proper testing so far, says 99% safer.

I heard that in the USA the FDA also tried to ban e-cigs but this was thwarted by Arnold Schwarzenegger who refused to sign away smokers lives (Hats off to Arnie), this was also aided by the fact that Barrack Obama owns an e-cig!

Surely such a ban on such a potentially life saving product must contravene Human Rights Laws?

Are there any lawyers or perhaps smoking persons in positions of power out there willing to defend UK smokers lives?

In my opinion, for the UK Government to ban such a device as e-cigs from sale or for use in this, or these countries, would be tantamount to torture, manslaughter or even murder, many in the UK will be condemned to die long horrible deaths because of this ruling.

:mad:

StationX,

micitacel

Vapor is much healthier, but you get less of the active ingredients. When you smoke, you get the whole herb, burned. Vapoorizers just skim off the cream. It's a totally different effect. I use it for medical reasons and need to lead a totally normal life while being just ever so slightly stoned. The vaporizer does it. No harshness, almost no smoke, a very slow and mellow high. My two all-time favorites are the HappyVappy and Iolite - this one's portable. Great for taking to work.

micitacel,

Drigh

After reading all the replies and thinking about it for a while; I can only conclude that it is what what it is. Obviously vaporizing is generally the better choice but... well, it is what it is.

Drigh,

micitacel

Also I should mention that the Iolite is very discreet, small, and it's a terrific hand warmerif you're outside in the winter.

Mod note: Your post is off topic for this thread. This section is not for discussion of specific models.

micitacel,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Vapor is much healthier, but you get less of the active ingredients. When you smoke, you get the whole herb, burned.
Incorrect, you get more active ingredient with vapor.

When you smoke, you're not getting the whole herb, a decent part of it is lost due to pyrolysis from the high temperature.

Chubba,
Top Bottom