Smoking vs Vaporizing: An Infographic. Can we improve on it?

Qbit

cannabanana
This infographic was posted on Reddit, and indeed, originally found on Forbes.com (under the article):
S4ONA.jpg

And while there's a lot of good information on there presented nicely, there's a lot of inaccurate info too. In particular, that 'top 10 vaporizers' panel looks not only several years out-of date, but is wince-inducingly msiguided. Especially how in includes some God-awful vapes (I'm looking at you, Vapir One). Of course I don't think a top 10 vapes list would be helpful at all.

So could we discuss the details of this infographic, and how into might be improved? The last thing we need is misinformation tainting our spreading of the Gospel.

FAGqw.jpg

Peloton

Vapes Hard
I really like this infographic overall, and I agree the Top 10 list could be canned. If it were me revising the infographic, I'd replace that list and the Weed Tweets with something more useful... I'm just not sure what yet. I will have to continue vaporbonging and think about it :)

Peloton,
Reactions: Qbit

Lo

Combustion free since '09
lol... I posted this here in the news section the other day. The idea is nice but yeah... the top 10 list could use some improvement ROFL!! and a few other things irked me too. The infographic idea is a good one though. I'd love to see one re-done with some improvements.

Lo,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
lol.. Not me and it would have to be re-done completely using fresh images, etc. So not my realm. A good idea nonetheless.

Lo,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
:tup: So who here is a Photoshop wiz?

I am. Photoshop would not be my choice to do a job like this, though. It's layout and graphic arts and Photoshop is hell for doing layout. I'd use--oh darn, I don't have any of my layout applications on this laptop. Anyway, it's better done in something like Adobe Illustrator or (my choice) Corel Draw.

pakalolo,

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
It's a really nice graphic. the top 10 would help people who just want to know where to start, but ya the list has problems. people complain to us all day about most the units on that list. #10 and # 6 are reversed, and of course they're showing one of our biggest knockoffs instead of vapor brothers.

vaporbrothers,

haydenxxl

Love the infographic!

My opinion:

the weed tweets section take the professional, educational view of this great infographic and turn it back into the stereotypical ideas people have about 'us stoners.' (this section would be my #1 to leave out)

Instead of the top 10 vaporizers, maybe a different kinds of vaporizers (Bag style, wand style, log style, etc.) graphic would be more educational and effective

and also, id suggest flipping CBN and CBD upright for easier reading on the cannabinoid chart

haydenxxl,

Qbit

cannabanana
I think that rather than the top 10 list, there could be a panel explaining different vaporisation methods and vape types.

Qbit,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I think that rather than the top 10 list, there could be a panel explaining different vaporisation methods and vape types.

Yikes! I just wrote an article along those lines for Vape World: What is a vaporizer? When it was commissioned I foolishly said, "This should be easy and won't take long." So wrong. No way could I see condensing that down to a panel.

As I pointed out in that other thread about this poster, the bottom 5 of the top 10 have been reversed, pics or captions, hard to tell. When I checked the sources the top 10 looked suspiciously like the product line sold by marijuanaworld.us, listed as a source. Any member of FC should already know that you can't make a top 10 list for anyone but yourself, especially with the variety of vapourizers on the market now. It's too subjective.

pakalolo,

Qbit

cannabanana
Yeah fair point. Though even something like this might be enough:

With some noteable exceptions, most vaporizers operate by convection, where air is forced through a heating element and then through the herb. This is either by being drawn through it by the user inhaling, or by being blown through it by an inbuilt fan.

Maybe the wording could be improved though.

And yeah, I think we could do without any top-ten lists. Aside from being extremely subjective, they soon go out-of date.

GalaxyGirl

Hello! First post. Been lurking for a while. Recent vape convert and proud new owner of a Pax and Volcano. Here's the infographic with the middle section removed. Had fun flexing the Photoshop muscle. :wave:

33bkD.jpg

NewVape

What a guy!
What about those temps? They seem a little low to me, or maybe I'm a little high. Either way...

NewVape,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Nice work GalaxyGirl. There's only one problem: the copyright for that graphic belongs to someone else, and we have no idea what (if any) license it was released under. NewVape isn't the only one who questions some of the other information in there. If there were to be a version from FC, we'd have to start from scratch.

Top Bottom