Smokers Cough

p09

I've had my MFLB for about a month now. Everywhere I've read vaporizing is healthier than smoking. However, I've noticed vaporizing everyday usually gives me a smokers cough which gets quite annoying. If I take a break from vaporizing and go back to smoking, however, it goes away. I am asthmatic -- however I haven't really had any asthma related issues for years -- if that makes any difference. Is there any reason why the vaporizer should be giving me a cough like this? It sounds like I'm a heavy cigarette smoker, which I'm not - I've maybe smoked four or five cigarettes in my entire life. Whatever I'm coughing up is whitish - perhaps vapor that didn't completely make it into my lungs and solidified in my throat? Any help is greatly appreciated - I love vaporizing but this cough gets worse the more I do it.

Thanks in advance.

p09,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
turn the heat down about 5F and it should clear up ... i was diagnosed with "adult onset asthma" about 6 years ago (i don't take any meds), i can't smoke a j anymore, but i can vape just fine.

Hippie Dickie,

p09

You can't set the temperature like that with the MFLB, rather you control it by how fast you breath and when you pull the battery. I'm fairly sure it's not getting too hot as my vaped bud is usually golden brown and the vapor itself isn't very harsh. I've read that vaping actually cleans out your lungs - maybe this is what is happening?

p09,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
yes, it does clean out ... can take 2 months depending on how much gunk to be expelled. i always forget that fact when talking with new vaporists.

i mentioned the temperature because i do see a critical temperature when vaping.

Hippie Dickie,

aero18

vaporist
OP, I have the same symptoms that you feel. I cough up white phlegm that has a distinct taste from vaping. Attaching the LB to a bong to cool the hits will lesson the frequency of the coughs.

aero18,

Wolface

THC is a natural expectorant, but also a lung irritant, The crap that was in your lungs is being expelled! Keep Vapin! It will get better with time.:)

Wolface,

dxmxgxd

I kinda have the same problem, but then im a heavy smoker and havn't completly given up smoking, i still combust more than i vape, that should change very soon. I try to think of it like this - imagine you were vaping and were switching to combusting? i think that would be a bigger task? Even when i vape twice in a row then combust it tastes terrible, but i still combust:mad: i think im still hooked to the tobacco!

dxmxgxd,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
Just my :2c::2c: but I think it might be the MFLB. I had my Buddha for maybe 3 months and used that exclusively, nothing else was smoked or used. I then bought the MFLB for my birthday in June and started using that exclusively and was not using the buddha at all. I was trying to conserve herb and I loved how the Launch box was so quick and easy. But... a few weeks later I notice the cough and phlegm came back. Went to DR and they said it was bronchitis and gave me an inhaler. Well I "guess" I'm over the bronchitis but I still have that pesky smokers cough and phlegm. I'm starting to think it's because of the MFLB. Now don't get me wrong, I will NEVER go without my LB, I love this thing, but I think with our mouths/throats being so close to that hot stream of air it irritates some of us. Everyone is different so some it might not bother, but for me, I think this is the case. I might try going back to the buddha for a solid week and see if the cough improves. If that's the case then the MFLB will simply have to be my travel vape and the buddha for home use. That ring true with anyone else? Sounds kinda like what the OP is experiencing.

daddygreenjeans,

aero18

vaporist
After using my LB, I feel exactly the same way. It's got to be the hot air.

aero18,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
Hmmm interesting :/

So as an experiment for the next few days I'll try to hit the box much faster then normal and see if that helps any.

daddygreenjeans,
Top Bottom