Smells of different types of weed when vaped

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
[Used an Iolite] I've become used to 'stopping' vaping weed when the taste suddenly changes or 'turns' or the smell goes to overly burnt popcorn, but I've noticed that after partially vaping fresh herb that the smell 'changes' or blossoms after a very short period. Here is what I noticed after using three strains.

OG Kush; After a few hits. it smells very fruity, then progressively goes to hay, peanut butter and then suddenly switchs to burnt popcorn.

Sour Diesel: It starts off as a citrus potporri (spelling), and then smells of clover honey and burnt popcorn.

Green Crack (I'm only 50% sure that this is Green Crack; the friend I got it form has no idea wha I'm talking about other than to say it was good); It smells of Pixie Sticks (a candy) and then suddenly changes to burnt popcorn.

When smoking, I was dimly aware of strains, but never paid much attention to the characteristics (when I was 15 I had only heard the phrases ditchweed and skunk); now that I'm older and can spend a bit more money I'm paying more attention to the pot (like you might with a good wine or scotch). I am stunned at the variation, differences and quality that is out there. Above all, I'm amazed that the pot actually tastes different (but thats another post).

Tom

tdavie,

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
It's the terpenes in the strain that are the compounds that provide the exquisite tastes and aromas in our favourite herb. Each strain has its own unique profile of the types of terps and the amounts present.

They also contribute to the high and are involved in the numerous medicinal effects as well.

Here's a link to some the different profiles in some strains, as done by chromatograhy:

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/s...mpany-terpene-profiles-strains-pictorial.html

nicelytoasted,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
To me the tastes and smells are the best caveat to vaping over smoking!! I never knew how good the herb actually COULD taste....if I stopped lighting the shit on fire :D

Lo,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I actually have a strain now that has an aftertaste of Sweet-Tarts, and while you hit it tastes like elderberry. Smells like alfalfa though.

DevoTheStrange,
DevoTheStrange said:
I actually have a strain now that has an aftertaste of Sweet-Tarts, and while you hit it tastes like elderberry. Smells like alfalfa though.
LOL. WTF does an elderberry taste like?

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
(Said with a crrrrrrazy French accent)

Seriously, do you people realize how lucky you are to even HAVE different strains available.
The horribly repressed US South is lucky to find both Green and Brown at the same time!

Howie Feltersnatch,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Elderberry... they taste horrible raw and not fully ripe. Cooked and sweetened... has a specific taste for being a berry. normally you can get either jam or wine. Almost like blackberry taste.

DevoTheStrange,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
You know I am green with envy of those of you who have readily available access to da kine. But I will say - even the schwagliest of the schwag isnt too bad run though a vape! :brow:

I usually procure okay mids here and on occasion the dankleons. (Which taste yum though the Zap)

AGBeer,

Clever User name

The eyes have one language everywhere
mmmmmmmmmmmmm this site is like watching the food network hungry... i usually get the myrcene-grape flavor first, then a high greeny top note - the green varies from bright green to dark hunter with sometimes lavender to purple undertones ( I taste in color,and smell with my tongue!)

Clever User name,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Clever User name said:
mmmmmmmmmmmmm this site is like watching the food network hungry... i usually get the myrcene-grape flavor first, then a high greeny top note - the green varies from bright green to dark hunter with sometimes lavender to purple undertones ( I taste in color,and smell with my tongue!)
"Damn *****, you go to weed college?"

Bruce@Zephyr,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Konrad_Zuse said:
When I Was vaping at school my friends said the bud tasted like cheerios hahaha.
Holy shit...I get that! I think that best describes everything I get here.

stickstones,
Top Bottom