Smallest quality desktop vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lokbok

Now I'm looking for a desktop vape.. but I'd like it small so I can potentially carry it around easily to a friend's house. One that has caught my attention is the Underdog Twig. Log vapes in general look interesting, are there any advantages to them over say something like a SSV?

All opinions/suggestions/info/experiences,etc welcome.

Lokbok

I had the Solo and I just recently sold it to get another MFLB. As mentioned in previous threads.. I just found the MFLB to be more effective. Also, contrary to popular opinion.. the Solo didn't have the best vapor flavor for me or my girlfriend... and I had the newest model as well as having both glass stems and Ed's TNT wood stem.

The one downside I'm seeing about something like the UD is that if I don't keep it plugged in all day, there's about 30 minutes wait time for heat-up. I think E-Nano has a shorter heat-up time.

Mod note: When possible, please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located at the bottom of your posts. Posts merged.

Lokbok,

Meghan

I would totally recommend a twig! Mine is ready to start vaping within 10 minutes (probably less). It's small and easy to take to my friend's house (I have), and it hits like a champ. Plus, pretty!

Get a UD twig. :)

hoptimum

Log vapes are pretty easy to pack up and take with you, as is the Solo, which is somewhat similar to logs. Other desktops like the ssv and dbv are a little bulky to carry around, though they do have nice bags. Something like the Vapolution could also work.

that herb guy

Size wise I would have to agree log is probably one of your best bets. And honestly there is almost no reason to unplug it, just toss it behind something larger if you need it out of site and run the cable behind something :shrug:.

Another option you could look into is something like the gnome. It's torch/flame powered, which if you're after stealth isn't really optimal, but it takes up almost no room.

Rrose Selavy

log enthusiast
love my e-nano as well i agree the HI seems awesome but there is a wait list... i am waiting on one for myself. all are good options. e-nano heats up in 2 and i think the HI heats up in 5 so they will be quicker but is seems like the twig heats faster than i thought. i think you will be happy with any of those 3.

as for the solo it is great but here are a few things to consider
1 the solo has a restricted draw compared to logs some people like it some dont
2 the solo is a great portable so if you dont want to be attached to the outlet its a graet choice plus they sell an ac adapter
3 because the solo is portable the battieries usually have a shorter life span. so you might need your batteries replaced in a year or so and a desktop can last you many years if you take care of it.

it all comes down to if you want portablity if you dont care go log just my :2c:

vorrange

Vapor.wise
The biggest advantage vs a bigger desktop unit is the bowl size and the unit size. It allows you to save more bud, and it's more easily hidden or packed away.

The UD is a traditional log vape, the nano is a log vape with an ac element which allows it to heat much more quickly without potentially damaging the element while rising the temp to the max to get it to vaping temps.

The size difference between the two is marginal although the twig is smaller. The UD can more easily be used with any 12V power like in a car, or anywhere with 12VDC, but it doesn't have in-built temperature control. YOu would need to get a Variable Voltage Power Source.

I have a HI which has replaced my Solo when i'm at a friends house, it heats so quickly that i don't even take that into account.. while i'm preparing my stem, i plug it in and it's ready to go when i am.
But has it's been said, there is a waiting list so, the UD and the Nano are better options if you want it soon.

The UD also has the art factor, and i find them much more beautiful than the nano, but that might not be important to you.

Lokbok

Thanks for all the input so far guys. Looks like log vapes are the way to go for a small desktop unit.

As already mentioned earlier.. tried the Solo and it just wasn't for me. I didn't mind the restrictive draw and I even had an Ed's TNT wood stem. It just wasn't as effective for me as the MFLB.

Looks like I'll have to do some more research to choose between UD Twig, HI, and E-Nano.

Quick question regarding log vapes... part of the reason why the MFLB works so well for me is because I'm usually doing other things while vaping. Even though the Solo didn't get me as high as the MFLB, that wasn't the only reason why I sold mine... a big part of it is cause when I'm not using it.. its constantly burning through the material. Shutting it off every time I went to do something and then waiting it to heat up again got very tiresome.. not to mention the numerous times the auto shut-off kicks in. How are log vapes in terms of having the unit stay idle? Does it constantly waste through material too.. or is there something that holds all the vapor in place? Thanks in advance.

Quick question regarding log vapes... part of the reason why the MFLB works so well for me is because I'm usually doing other things while vaping. Even though the Solo didn't get me as high as the MFLB, that wasn't the only reason why I sold mine... a big part of it is cause when I'm not using it.. its constantly burning through the material. Shutting it off every time I went to do something and then waiting it to heat up again got very tiresome.. not to mention the numerous times the auto shut-off kicks in. How are log vapes in terms of having the unit stay idle? Does it constantly waste through material too.. or is there something that holds all the vapor in place? Thanks in advance.

I can only speak to my experience with the Nano, but it doesn't really seem to cook the herb further even if you accidentally leave a stem on the heater port. Still, it's very easy to just remove the stem after each hit. Keeps everything nice and fresh :)

Lokbok

What is the average wait time for ordering an HI? Couldn't find anything on their site.

Lokbok,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
What is the average wait time for ordering an HI? Couldn't find anything on their site.

Right now, one year.. but it should be progressively less since Alan was idle for quite some time (~6months), due to moving to another state.

vorrange,
Reactions: Lokbok

Lokbok

Yikes that's quite a wait. Guess Ill go with either the e-nano or twig. Looks like the e-nano
Is cheaper

Lokbok,

Lokbok

So I did a little more research in regards to both the E-Nano and UD. Seems like the UD is closer to a traditional log vape in terms of its heating core. Are there any advantages of it over the more "hybrid" style of the Nano? Already know the Nano's advantage is that it'd faster heating from cold and comes standard with variable temp control.

Lokbok,

AdmiralAlpacha

I would say beauty is one advantage the UD's have, and the ability to get a custom one done if you're into that type of thing. But looks are pretty subjective, I'm sure some find the e-nano's style more attractive.

I haven't used an e-nano so I can't comment much on them. But the underdogs come in all types of different sizes and woods. The smaller ones can heat up very quickly.

This
http://www.amazon.com/Ledwholesaler...TF8&qid=1373076896&sr=8-4&keywords=led+dimmer
can be used for cheap temp control for the UD, if by chance you like some aspects of the UD, but want the temp control (I know I'm a big fan of temp control personally.) It isn't labled or quite as nice as the one on the e-nano. But for 6 bucks it cheap and portable.

I use one, it gets the job done but I still want to get my hands on a proper VVPS.

I think whichever you choose will treat you very well. Log vapes are fantastic.

AdmiralAlpacha,

hoptimum

So I did a little more research in regards to both the E-Nano and UD. Seems like the UD is closer to a traditional log vape in terms of its heating core. Are there any advantages of it over the more "hybrid" style of the Nano? Already know the Nano's advantage is that it'd faster heating from cold and comes standard with variable temp control.

there's an e-nano for sale in the classifieds at a very reasonable price.

Lokbok

Thanks for all the input so far. I'll definitely check the classifieds when I get a chance. Upon further reading.. it seems like the general consensus is that although both the E-Nano and UD are high quality logs... the UD seems overall better built.. but I can't find the specifics on what constitutes this. Maybe its merely opinion based on tactile feedback. Another unsettling thing I ran into was the E-Nano having at least one instance of faulty electrics that resulted in potentially fatal results. Hadn't run into any about the UD. I'm guessing both are equally as widely distributed.

Lokbok,

z9

Another unsettling thing I ran into was the E-Nano having at least one instance of faulty electrics that resulted in potentially fatal results. Hadn't run into any about the UD. I'm guessing both are equally as widely distributed.

You misread, there wasnt a potentially fatal shock with the e nano, it was with the EV-2. And it was an isolated case. There was an electrical problem with an E Nano but it is not the "potentially fatal shock" described in th EV2 thread and mistakenly brought up in the E nano thread.

Lokbok

You misread, there wasnt a potentially fatal shock with the e nano, it was with the EV-2. And it was an isolated case. There was an electrical problem with an E Nano but it is not the "potentially fatal shock" described in th EV2 thread and mistakenly brought up in the E nano thread.

Ahh.. ok. I see. So what was wrong with the E-Nano in terms of electrical issues? Thanks for the clarification. As a side note.. any preference in stems for the Underdog? What advantages does each stem setup sold on their site have?

Lokbok,

AdmiralAlpacha

It's mostly just personal taste, but their new GonG stems are very nice if you plan on using it with water. The new nylon stems are also suppose to be kickass for direct draw, but I haven't had a chance to try those yet.

For the price of that enano in the classifieds is hard to go wrong, but I think you'll find a lot of love around here for the underdog due to Dave being such a great guy to do business with.

Lokbok

It's mostly just personal taste, but their new GonG stems are very nice if you plan on using it with water. The new nylon stems are also suppose to be kickass for direct draw, but I haven't had a chance to try those yet.

For the price of that enano in the classifieds is hard to go wrong, but I think you'll find a lot of love around here for the underdog due to Dave being such a great guy to do business with.

So GonGs are primarily for water? I'll mostly likely be just doing direct draw because I don't really intend to buy any more accessories since the main draw for me in getting a log is space conservation.

Lokbok,

AdmiralAlpacha

The GonG dave makes are pretty much for water tools only, however if you ask him he said he can make some all glass tubes for direct draw if that's what your into.

But people have reported some great things about the nylon stems, they are new to us underdogs, but he borrowed the idea from the Zap family I believe, and they were a big hit there as well.

But if neither of those are your style he also has the old fashioned silicone stems and simple glass stems.

I enjoy all of them personally, I like the variety.

Sorry I'm no help on the e-nano stems, but it appears they are about the same, the standard looks like an all glass direct draw stem, and they also have the smaller ones for use with water.

AdmiralAlpacha,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom