1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Gear Slug .33 Rosin Forge

Discussion in 'Concentrates' started by lazylathe, Oct 20, 2017.

1. ClearBlueLou

ClearBlueLou unbearably light in the being....

I hear you: the supply situation here gives me no access to herb that hasn’t been tumbled free of every possible trichomes. Such herb may be good to smoke, but I find that it’s not good to forge if the bulk of the resin is in someone else’s hash...

2. Gonzo_Dabs

Gonzo_Dabs Well-Known Member

Welcome to the family!

3. Sick Vape

Sick Vape Solar Dabs

@ClearBlueLou so true. It may taste good when burnt for smoke lovers, but the effects are just not there enough. The prize most often stays high though, lol. Still the best you can do with it is trying to extract what is left somehow. Or vape it in a vaporiser with big chamber.
    This particular weed was not tumbled i think but a nicely outdoor grown, barely trimmed weak sativa variety, with a nice mellow effect when forged. Just very low resin content. It also required the big Plenty chamber for getting a correct effect when vaporised.

@Gonzo_Dabs thank you for the welcome!

Slug.33: Another nice possibility for producing an occasional dab when needed!

For regular dabbing I would try temp regulated plates and a press.

-dab8- likes this.
  4. Sick Vape

Sick Vape Solar Dabs

In my trials it never worked to repress a puck if the first press did not yield. You can still vape or extract them with a solvent or cook with them.

It probably has been said by @Nattybushdoctor and others already..

What sometimes helped if nothing came out, was to just heat the slug33 some more and wait until it start to flow. The rosin gets a bit darker like that, but better than nothing.

Weight is crucial. In my case loading 1 gram. 1 gram of leaves does not behave like 1 gram of trimmed flower or stems. If I got more blowouts i tried to reduce weight, if no yield tried to increase weight.

Humidity is important. Bone dry weed does not work good. Too humid and the dab sizzles because of the water in it. You can let dry too humid rosin.

Sometimes it was good to press the last 2-4mm very fast. I had less blowouts like that with that weed.

It does not work with one gram of standard black hash. The hash just blew out, as could be expected. But I had to try. Maybe for hash you should load less than 1 gram or put a screen somehow. Smelled the same after the process as before. (Sidenote: Also smelled the same as in the last century)

-dab8-, Hogni and Ramahs like this.
  5. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

I’ve broken up and repressed pucks in the past that I’d made a mistake on in the first press and gotten 10% or more returns. Still better than nothing.

That’s what I’ve done in the past for low-producers, but it didn’t work this time.

Sick Vape likes this.
  6. Sick Vape

Sick Vape Solar Dabs

That is good to know. So I maybe missed the second press too or it was my low yield weed causing it.

7. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

I can't guarantee that it will always work, but it has sometimes for me after a blowout...so, it might be worth a shot
    If it doesn't work the second press you can still use it the other aforementioned ways.

Sick Vape and -dab8- like this.
  8. Alltimenewhigh

Alltimenewhigh New Member

If you want to use hash in the slug u can either use 0.1 to 0.3 hash and the rest flower to get a vapeable outcome or 0.5 to 0.7 hash with some flower loaded first to get a huge drip that is not the cleanest extract but still has some uses. I have gotten drips 0.4g from the 1gram slug using this method although I prefer adding just a small amount of hash to mid grade flower to boost the results... Keep in mind that the smell of hash tends to overpower that of flower and also load the hash closer to the end of filling the slug such that the flower acts a filter for the runny hash

Sick Vape and Ramahs like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors