Gear Slug .33 Rosin Forge

Gonzo_Dabs

@ClearBlueLou It would probably be warm enough to allow it to run down pretty easily. If you left the slug in the vice it would stay hot from contact and the rosin would surely flow.

For the record I am having zero issues with the standard way natty does it. I just enjoy spitballing ideas to further enhance the sustainability of the slug. Although my roll of parchment will last forever if only used for this. And possibly cleaner ways if it's even an issue.

BioLogik

Ordered me a Deuce via dabbing.de :) Should arrive in Belgium tomorrow :D Still need to pick up a vise though.

I've read through the first 10 pages of this thread, but can't seem to find the answers to some questions I still have about te Deuce, and not want to scroll throug +30 more pages ;p

1. What are the dimensions of the Deuce? (if possible in mm)

2. What size does the vise needs to be? (opening + size of backing plates)

3. On most of your videos there is some plant matter left behind on the parchment in the inner circle. Is there any way to prevent this using a mesh or screen? Or can you easily remove it without it getting in the rosin?

Thanks in advance :)

Gonzo_Dabs

Ordered me a Deuce via dabbing.de :) Should arrive in Belgium tomorrow :D Still need to pick up a vise though.

I've read through the first 10 pages of this thread, but can't seem to find the answers to some questions I still have about te Deuce, and not want to scroll throug +30 more pages ;p

1. What are the dimensions of the Deuce? (if possible in mm)

2. What size does the vise needs to be? (opening + size of backing plates)

3. On most of your videos there is some plant matter left behind on the parchment in the inner circle. Is there any way to prevent this using a mesh or screen? Or can you easily remove it without it getting in the rosin?

Thanks in advance :)

Read the last 5 or so pages. Every one of those questions has been answered. Even in the last 2 I believe. Also welcome to the slug family!

BioLogik

restarted reading from page 40 and found some answers, not exactly but it'll do (dimensions not so clear.. ) :)
Received the slug today and it's way smaller then I expected it to be.

Ordered a vise for 29.99 (+ shipping) that's looking exactly like the W&D Angle vise.
type22b-500x500.jpg

https://www.alphametal.be/en/shop/product/50269-hbm-type-22-kantelbare-boorklem-100-mm

Think I'll be pressing next week if I don't run out of flower, next harvest is being late, still in the milky way fase, almost ready but not yet.. (calculated harvest of my autos was 2 weeks ago :rolleyes: )

Gonzo_Dabs

Form what I can remember that should be a perfect size. Wait for someone else to confirm. Preferably Natty himself.

They are not large at all. But they are well worth what you paid.

I'm jealous that you are able to grow you're own. That would be a game changer for me.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
That vise looks perfect. Excited to hear how your endeavors go. If you haven’t, watch the videos on YouTube before you press. Some good technique instructions there.

Wish I could grow at home. I’m a medical patient, but live in a state where anything that isn’t medical is super illegal. All I need is to get caught growing my own.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
restarted reading from page 40 and found some answers, not exactly but it'll do (dimensions not so clear.. ) :)

Ordered a vise for 29.99 (+ shipping) that's looking exactly like the W&D Angle vise.
type22b-500x500.jpg

https://www.alphametal.be/en/shop/product/50269-hbm-type-22-kantelbare-boorklem-100-mm

Think I'll be pressing next week if I don't run out of flower, next harvest is being late, still in the milky way fase, almost ready but not yet.. (calculated harvest of my autos was 2 weeks ago :rolleyes: )

Looks like the same vise I bought. I paid something like $60 US (I don't know the conversion rate). I had some pictures of it a couple or a few pages back. I think you made the right choice.

Last edited:

BioLogik

Don't let laws let you down :p also illegal here to grow or use. Keep it small, don't go commercial (made that mistake in the past, am paying monthly 250€ till february 2020..), I know whats right for me and the greens most def are ;) Can't afford to buy all that I smoke ;)

Will definitely give an update once I start pressing :)

Gonzo_Dabs

I try to pick and choose my illegal actions and a grow op here in arguably THE red state is too hot for me haha

But we can still enjoy your stuff through your many many pictures of your many many successful runs!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I feel you. I've been using cannabis for much of my adult life, but I've never had legal cannabis.

Constantly worrying that you are going to get searched by a cop and go to prison is not ideal, but it is what it is. Many of us have no choice but to be a lifelong criminal.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Red meaning Republican. Very anti bud unfortunately. So yes I must resort to the black market. But no it's not terribly expensive if you have good friends.
Like you, I’m in similar circumstances, but around here, mids are 150/z, higher-end is 300/z. Been like this for years but then, I remember 30/z, too

ClearBlueLou,
Reactions: Gonzo_Dabs

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer

type22b-500x500.jpg

vise looks perfect dont forget to reverse the plates for a smooth pressing surface.

Slagzord

Don't fuckle with shuckle
Alright, so it is time to bust this back out and get a new torch. So the Ion Lite by Whip It! is the way to go it seems? I found a good deal on the Blazer Gt6000 or whatever, but if that is too OP, I'll take a look around for this other baddy.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
first forge is a fact :)
attempt 1: burned the paper (need to get smaller torch)
attempt 2: rosin :D a bit dark, but happy I got something :D

taste is wauw :D

flower used: 2g outdoor Duckfoot
Angle the tip of your flame *up* toward the top of your Slug. See Natty’s vids for details.

Bravo and congratulations on your success!

Alltimenewhigh

Top Bottom