Gear Slug .33 Rosin Forge

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
So those of you who have received your Slug NSRF* and have both squished and sampled the results, could you please sober up a bit and communicate your thoughts and impressions? Have any UK members received theirs, if so were you hit w/customs? But really, I just want to see examples and hear about the different experiences FC folks were having. Lots of pictures please. Thanks!

* Neat Squisher Rosin Forge

Cl4ud3

Well tracking hasn't worked for mine since it shipped so no idea where it is physically, still well within expected time though and I'm awaiting a better vice anyway.
Still, like @pxl_jockey, I'm eager to see some member pictures/reviews/thoughts anything really, come on someone must have some news or are you all too rosin blasted :lol:

Doktor Dub

@Nattybushdoctor ~ Does it help to freeze buds before a press?

Freezing helps when making Qwiso or Qwet, Rosin is extracted with pressure and heat, so you would heat up your frozen nugs during the process.

Do not freeze for making Rosin. What is important is that you have enough moisture in your Material. If it is to dry you should rehydrate it with a Boveda Pack.

@Nattybushdoctor has some quite helpful youtube videos how to get the most out of the Slug.

Have a great day!

Edit: I should have mine in Hands around the 20th, impressions will follow

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I did not get tracking, but hopeful it arrives soon.

I got bottles of butane and a new press to work out.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: Squiby

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
Grifo, Your SLUG.33 should be there today. If you payed via paypal there is a tracking number. I usually ship same day or next day. If an order comes in late friday it usually will not get shipped until monday. USPS priority mail has been very efficient so far, even with international parcels. Tracking numbers for all packages are available. Text me or call me anytime 916-833-3464 Thank you.

b0

Cloudy...
Does the price include shipping to UK? I'm definitely getting one of this by the end of the month when I get paid. Just saw the videos on YouTube and I need one in my life!

b0,
Reactions: Cl4ud3

herbalist33

My slug arrived today, very quick shipping to the uk and I didn't get stung with customs!

I gave it a quick clean as suggested; there was a little dust residue left from the machining but not much.

I only had one quick (unsuccessful) go at squishing before I had to leave for work. The plates on my vise are slightly too small, so the edges of the slug extend a bit over the side- it would have helped to know the diameter of the slug before ordering a vice (I'm at work atm so can't measure it for y'all).

My quick squish failed because of improper heating, vise-plates too small, forgetting to add the spacer before squishing and my material perhaps being a bit too dry....
I'm looking forward to adding a bit of a bigger plate to my vise, watching the tips video a few more times, and trying again 2moro.

Il keep you all posted.
Peace

Cl4ud3

My slug arrived today, very quick shipping to the uk and I didn't get stung with customs!

I gave it a quick clean as suggested; there was a little dust residue left from the machining but not much.

I only had one quick (unsuccessful) go at squishing before I had to leave for work. The plates on my vise are slightly too small, so the edges of the slug extend a bit over the side- it would have helped to know the diameter of the slug before ordering a vice (I'm at work atm so can't measure it for y'all).

My quick squish failed because of improper heating, vise-plates too small, forgetting to add the spacer before squishing and my material perhaps being a bit too dry....
I'm looking forward to adding a bit of a bigger plate to my vise, watching the tips video a few more times, and trying again 2moro.

Il keep you all posted.
Peace
Hope mine turns up tomorrow then as I ordered around the same time, my tracking number is showing as invalid but I won't flag it as an issue yet.

When you say too small plates can you not add something to make the plates bigger or is it a whole new vice? and did you get a 4" as suggested ?

herbalist33

Cl4ud3

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
The Diameter of the .33 is 1 inch. for you USA fellas its the exact same as a quarter. In my videos I use a silver dollar that I have J/B welded to my vise for a backing plate. Backing plates are not really needed with the .33 but you will want one if your running the Deuce. It really helps to lift it up so the rosin can drip down away from the slug. WE are making a backing plate just for the 4 inch drill press vise. When its ready I will let ya'll know. But for now we all have to get a little creative. One thing that is really neat about using a vintage coin like the siver dollar is that it leaves an imprint on the parchment. In my case its a beautiful bald eagle. There is a good picture of it on Instagram.

IMPORTANT TIP! On almost all vises there are replaceable plates mounted to the jaws. most have a knurled type of grip texture. Those plates can be unscrewed and reversed for a smoother surface to press against. if your running a SLUG.33 thats all you should need. no backing plate.

Grifo

ok i got mine i gotta go to home depot later and the clinic cause im not using my good weed to figure this out lol

Edit: Okay well I tried my good weed though but i had zero success for my first time. Im gonna have to go get some budget friendly herb to experiment with. Unfortunately i do not have a big coin so i had to use a quarter. The slug or the quarter shifted half way through heating it up so it wasnt flush. I gotta find something else to use as a spacer. Also my benzo torch has way too huge of a flame and i scorched the parchment paper. Back to the drawing board.

EDIT#2: Also please take note that i am impatient and havent done my research. I just winged it.

Last edited:

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
I know...i know all you want to do is get that little SLUG.33 producing! i get it!...but....take a moment, get everything you need. take the time to cut your self some nice small pieces of parchment paper. Find a nice backing plate if your vise needs it. Get a proper torch. Get a clean organized working space. Your results will be in the details. In this game you will want to keep mental notes of things like, ambient temps, flame size, and heat time. Then comes knowing how your cultivar will respond. After one or two runs you should have it figured out. Watch my videos and pay close attention to the speed of compression. I hope this helps somewhat. Thank you for the opportunity. PEACE!
supplies for success: nitrile gloves, alcohol, cotton swabs, paper towels, digital scale, large silicone matt.
gloves are nice just to keep your fingers from getting sticky. But they are really valuable when cleaning your SLUG. Alcohol is nice to have on hand for cleaning but I prefer a quick wipe down while its still semi HOT. If my slug is cold the plunger can be very hard to remove, I will re heat it until warm then clean with paper towel.

Last edited:

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
Freezing helps when making Qwiso or Qwet, Rosin is extracted with pressure and heat, so you would heat up your frozen nugs during the process.

Do not freeze for making Rosin. What is important is that you have enough moisture in your Material. If it is to dry you should rehydrate it with a Boveda Pack.

@Nattybushdoctor has some quite helpful youtube videos how to get the most out of the Slug.

Have a great day!

Edit: I should have mine in Hands around the 20th, impressions will follow

ive never tried that. i have no idea. let me know if you try it.
Thank you.

Top Bottom