Gear Slug .33 Rosin Forge

steama

I’ve just done a quick netscan, seems the only real issues with silicone is it should be medical grade, and that silicone containers aren’t airtight. Being lightproof and airtight are as usual, the big deals.

I’m not personally interested in *storage* per se, but I DO need places to put this stuff where nothing can happen to it...I feel real weird with sticky parchments laying around...it also seems that dabbers share their wax, so plenty of use for containers for general handling and transport. I’ve pressed 3 eighths real close together here. This will taper off as I develop the required knack, I’ll probably only do one more run out of my current stores, maybe tonight. The second and third squeezings are globbed together on a single parchment because I didn’t plan for this part (I thought I had, but I was wrong).

One thing I’ve run across has been a screw-top plastic box with a platinum-cured 5ml silicone cup insert.
Another is a 5ml black glass child-proof screw-top containers.

Really: if you could have the perfect thing FOR YOU - what would it be?
Possibly something like this.

s-l500.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ONE-1ML-CL...787080?hash=item466a0a8d08:g:mXUAAOSwhLJZn1GB

I am currently using this silicone container:
REDGRN_OPEN_1024x1024.png

https://dewdropaccessories.myshopify.com/products/waxmate

Last edited by a moderator:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Yessir, that looks like it’d be fine for long term storage, hadn’t run across those before. Then light and heat become concerns, but that’s what freezers and pelican cases are for.

ClearBlueLou,
Reactions: steama

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Only if you like losing about half of your rosin yield in a jar...nope that's not dope for rosin. I use those exact jars to store a lil' herb in though.

:myday:

Been storing mine in glass. I don't know about half, but more like 10% is still in the jar, hard to scrape out.
I just use a glass honey-straw to vape the last bits right off of the glass.

steama

Been storing mine in glass. I don't know about half, but more like 10% is still in the jar, hard to scrape out.
I just use a glass honey-straw to vape the last bits right off of the glass.
whatever...we all know that once you stick your rosin in that jar a shitload is going to coat the surface which equates to waste. Silicone kicks ass on those wasteful jars. Peace, but only facts.

Plus, why do all you slug33 users have a need to store? Make a puck as needed for maximum freshness, flavor, and potency. I just use my silicone to hold no more than 2 deuce runs...15 minutes work means no good reason to store rosin. I know...sometimes I make too much too. When that happens I just quadruple my use.

:D

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
From what I have read about silicone, I think it is far superior to anything else. There are grades, I have heard about "platinum" grade but I never seen it. We use F.D.A approved silicone (food grade) with our seep kits. From what I understand nothing comes close to the heat stability, and inertness of it.

When I do have extra swatches of parchment with a ring of rosin I will put them in a glass jar with an airtight lid and put it in the fridge, this seems to work pretty good for short term maybe longer storage. If you are pressing multiple cultivars you can write on the parchment with a pencil, this makes it easy when selecting what strain to enjoy.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
I’ve just done a quick netscan, seems the only real issues with silicone is it should be medical grade, and that silicone containers aren’t airtight. Being lightproof and airtight are as usual, the big deals.

From what I have read about silicone, I think it is far superior to anything else. There are grades, I have heard about "platinum" grade but I never seen it. We use F.D.A approved silicone (food grade) with our seep kits. From what I understand nothing comes close to the heat stability, and inertness of it.

Yep, the most silicone jars are offered to be "food grade". But who knows regarding all the Chinese stuff.

AFAIK the only ones which claim to be "medical grade" resp. "platinum cured" are the storage containers from "Oils Slick" and from "Divider Pro".

Both are very expensive but the ones from Oil Slick are ugly at the same time and only available in one small size. For larger storage needs DividerPro is offering containers in all sizes.

Last edited:

steama

The silicone containers that we use from China could be any type of silicone 'including other shit'. People would have to identify a source using medical grade silicone to know. The bad thing is the Chinese silicone containers are made as cheaply as possible for financial reasons, so I do not trust the silicone containers I use. I use them for a few runs, say five, and then I chuck it for a new one. Hell, that could be worse I dunno. The truth is we don't know anything about Chinese silicone containers.

Oil Slick invented the silicone container. Medical grade silicone in vibrant beautiful collections. No taste or flavor from low quality materials...trust Oil Slick with your most precious extracts.

slickr-stack-blue-set-commercial-processor-dabbing-nonstick-containers-storage-and-packaging-travel-oil-slick-products-plastic-circle_729_480x480.jpg

https://www.oilslickpad.com/products/slick-stack

https://www.oilslickpad.com/

maybe?

:2c:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
That's the reason I only want to go the silicone way with DividerPro. Expensive AF but serious products I hope. And in nice colors and all sizes.
Unfortunately OS only is offering one size and I don't like their design of ugly colors mishmash.

Last edited:

steama

That's the reason I only want to go the silicone way with DividerPro. Expensive AF but serious products I hope. And in nice colors and all sizes.
Unfortunately OS only is offering one size and I don't like their design of ugly colors mishmash.
@Hogni , dude thanks for that:
https://dividerpro.com/Medical-Grade-Nonstick-Containers-c25038115

:tup:
I’ve been using these from puffco.
Pocket size, platinum cured, and the XL version comes with a dabber.

https://www.puffco.com/products/puffco-prism-xl

https://www.puffco.com/products/puffco-prism-wax-container-oil-concentrate
now those are very interesting indeed. These containers are very different and have me thinking. Very cool. I never thought about a dab dish with so many spaces.

Thanks @VAPEHUNTER

:nod:

ClearBlueLou

ClearBlueLou

From the amazon page: “All of our containers and silicone products are manufactured with the highest quality platinum cured silicone.”

I added that to the link,, anyhow, I’ll post my impressions when they arrive.

ClearBlueLou

@VAPEHUNTER, do you - or anyone - have any knowledge of how big those two Puffco dab cases are? Seems to me they must each be a handful

@BornAgainSteama, thanks for the link to the site for your pocket pack...I’ll bet you have one of those hexagonal yellow dishes, too. I’ll drop ‘em some business

I also wanted to ask you where you got the paint you used on your vise? Seems strange to say, but I’ve been to Lowe’s, Home Depot, and Ace Hardware, and nobody has the small, one-job cans anymore, and they only have white and black.

An 8-oz can of red costs $11 on Amazon. Painting my thing is beginning to lose its appeal...

Last edited:

steama

Difference between platinum and peroxide curing
http://silicone.co.uk/blog/difference-platinum-peroxide-curing/

I have also learned that the good stuff, medical grade, platinum curing has a shorter shelf life. I found a time of six months while I was searching the interwebs. Still, if your silicone can is half a year old it is time to get a new one.

Damn, sorry, I think this thread has been derailed.

:nod:

Top Bottom