Gear Slug .33 Rosin Forge

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Believe it or not, I’d like a little guidance on getting butane into this damn torch.

It’s a whip-it ion, I have a cylinder of whip-it butane, and none of the adapters work. The basic nipple seemed to work, until it started filling up the base with liquid butane after less than five seconds...very uncool. If it filled up that fast (I began by purging), then I guess these things have barely enough burn time to do a single run.

In case it’s not obvious, this is my first torch and my first fill attempt. Never had this problem with a lighter that I can remember.

Last edited:

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
no adapter needed as far as i know. Shake the can hold it straight up and press down, once full it will make a certain sound. A full Ion torch should last many presses. I top mine off every few presses or so.
I hope this helps. Other torches work great too.
Peace

ClearBlueLou

@Nattybushdoctor, since you’re kind of around tonight, I asked earlier about shipping:

If I order and pay for my Slug tonight, will it be shipped tomorrow? And if so, might it arrive (continental US) before next Friday?

Last edited:
ClearBlueLou,

ClearBlueLou

yes most likely. Where are you located? we are in the continental us.
Same, east of the Mississippi...okay, enough fiddling: trigger pulled.

I had an experience recently that went a very long way toward convincing me.

For the last year, I’ve been washing bags, grinders, tools, etc (VapCaps but NOT pipes and such) in the same 6oz of 190-proof, and after doing a final wash with it last week, I evaporated it. Smaller than a dime when it finished, after being microwaved to drive off the last ethanol...but *that* - all by itself - kept both of us lit and humming for the last 5 days.

If an evaporated wash can do that, then fresh whole rosin has to be on my table!

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I cannot resisted to a Classified offer for a Deuce fairly used, still not get it in my hands but I'm not hurry since harvest time is planned for beginning of October and Whit Widows&Haze only begin to form flowers so this strains will be not ready before beginning of November... I hope falls will be not too wet...

Excited to get this Deuce, maybe I'll squish some of my automatic strains but I don't expect a lot from this sort of strains...

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
Same, east of the Mississippi...okay, enough fiddling: trigger pulled.

I had an experience recently that went a very long way toward convincing me.

For the last year, I’ve been washing bags, grinders, tools, etc (VapCaps but NOT pipes and such) in the same 6oz of 190-proof, and after doing a final wash with it last week, I evaporated it. Smaller than a dime when it finished, after being microwaved to drive off the last ethanol...but *that* - all by itself - kept both of us lit and humming for the last 5 days.

If an evaporated wash can do that, then fresh whole rosin has to be on my table!
Im freaking excited for you! you will love Rosin. Its changed the way I enjoy cannabis forever!

Have you used your slug pressed rosin to make vape juice Natty/any other Sluggers?
not me, but yes for sure! others are doing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ClearBlueLou

I’ll thank YOU in turn, for YOUR support: had rosineering remained in the hands of hair-straighteners and giant, pricey Rube Goldberg variations, it would have remained a curiosity, IMO. You have brought it into the realm of the serious cannabist.

Just received my vise - thin oil-covered, so thin I only noticed it from the smell, clean-up should be a breeze. It’s SOLID, a hefty, well-made piece of equipment I’ll pass on after I’m gone.

Only the Slug (and the appropriate vegetable) is lacking. It’s like Hot Christmas....

Last edited:

Gonzo_Dabs

I'm super impatient haha I've been checking my email religiously for that shipping conformation.

I'm literally impatiently waiting for something that'll let me know I can start impatiently waiting for real.

steama

steama's back, back again...

Here is a picture of my little slug setup. Go figure, I like bees and honey.

Also, I read the above post about having issues refilling the whip-it torch which I had the same issue. I found butane cans with plastic nozzles worked better than the butane cans with the metal nozzles. Then I found this soft red silicone 'universal refill nozzle' in the lid of a can of 'ultra pure plus special blue from north sea butane' and this little thing works with every thing. I have searched the interwebs and I cannot find anything else quite like it. You can see the soft 'universal refill nozzle' in the photo below on the yellow post-it.

honeybee.jpg

:myday:

ClearBlueLou

Steama, others - will these torches do okay with regular zippo/Ronson butane? Or do they want the better stuff?

ClearBlueLou,
Reactions: steama

steama

Steama, others - will these torches do okay with regular zippo/Ronson butane? Or do they want the better stuff?
Use premium butane for your torches and life will be better imo.

I was just mentally looking back on all of my runs and considering every variable is close to the same every run (and it is the same), one lone variable changes with every run and stands over all others and that is the quality of your flowers. High quality flowers can consistently yield > 30% where small popcorn nugs yield about a third less. Knowing this causes me to be even more satisfied with the slug33 system. The more I use it, the more I love it.

:nod:

ClearBlueLou

I ask because I have an unused can of Zippo, and it has the plastic nozzle you speak of.
As I mentioned before, my torch began spitting back butane after only a few seconds - or one-tenth the time it takes to fill my duo-jet lighter. That seems entirely too short a time to fill the he much larger torch.

steama

I ask because I have an unused can of Zippo, and it has the plastic nozzle you speak of.
As I mentioned before, my torch began spitting back butane after only a few seconds - or one-tenth the time it takes to fill my duo-jet lighter. That seems entirely too short a time to fill the he much larger torch.
Sounds like you are not getting a good seal or the torch is already full. Regarding the cheap butane. The reason not to use it is because of the particulate matter in the gas is higher and has the potential to foul the operation of the torch. That said, if you use cheap butane once or twice it is very unlikely it would cause any harm. Might as well give it a go and see how it works until you can get some higher grade cleaner butane.

I used a can of 'Colibri 1928 Premium Butane' and it worked very good with the whip-it torch. The Colibri can has a plastic fill nozzle that fits perfectly without requiring and adapter or wasting butane like what happens when you have a bad seal.

Hope this helps a little.

:peace:

Miyaca

hey there, question do you see a chance that you might could also use this tool for hash too?
i mean you could put a hash-press-baggy, or a least a part of it, as a screen on the bottom of the slug? so you could and would extract rosin from hashish right?
would be great to know!

Miyaca,
Reactions: steama

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
steama's back, back again...

Here is a picture of my little slug setup. Go figure, I like bees and honey.

Also, I read the above post about having issues refilling the whip-it torch which I had the same issue. I found butane cans with plastic nozzles worked better than the butane cans with the metal nozzles. Then I found this soft red silicone 'universal refill nozzle' in the lid of a can of 'ultra pure plus special blue from north sea butane' and this little thing works with every thing. I have searched the interwebs and I cannot find anything else quite like it. You can see the soft 'universal refill nozzle' in the photo below on the yellow post-it.

honeybee.jpg

:myday:
Beautiful!

Top Bottom