Sleep patterns

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
What are your typical sleep patterns? How often do obtain a full 8 hours? Do you experience tiredness if you clock in less hours for sleep? Do you experience an increase of tiredness in the wake of the morning if you were to perhaps gain an extra 2 hours (10 hours/per day?) Seeing that I have weird sleep patterns I have went from sleeping very early as to 8-10 PM but wake up at around 6-8. The earlier sometimes the earlier I would wake up. Recently I have been having off days of sleep in which I would start at 1-2 AM in the morning to still wake up as early as 7 or before 8 AM but I don't typically feel tired at all. Is it perhaps medicating on oils for the past months and dabbing as necessary has been a factor in this? (sativas been on my lineup recently.) I want to shine light on this subject because the amount of hours we get to sleep is often more important for us than we know.

I want to further into details that you could also provide me such as how long do you experience your dreams for during the moment of control? I don't know why but I don't have much dreams probably because of my lack of hours clocked in could be the reason why I'm missing the opportunity to deep sleep. I sometimes wake up laughing lightly and chuckling but I can't really remember why except for tiny details like somebody running around with liquid soap on their face screaming "AHhH! HE GOT ME, HE GOT ME!" (I assumed I had a little episode of some prank... Wait scratch that hot tub time machine.) So pretty much, if you had skipped all the way to the bottom like some do, how was your sleep lately? Feel free to fire your response.

Last edited:

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
I have two kids (4 and 8 months) and havn't had an 8 hour+ sleep for over 4 years.

My 8 month old only sleeps for 2 to 3 hour periods so on an average night I get two 3 hour sleeps in my bed and maybe a 30 minute nap on the sofa.

Needless to say this is pretty much fucking me right up.

I notice that using cannabis supresses my dreams also and I had read on the forum that tulsei tea helps with that and I had some success. Unfortunately I mostly dreamt of my kids screaming, so I currently prefer no dreams. :)

The thing that is actually worrying is even if I could take 8 hours I would keep waking up because my body is so conditioned for such little sleep.

Hey, when you talk about 'moment of control' do you mean lucid dreaming? Because thats not a usual thing. Not everyone can do it.

I do know a technique for developing it though.

h3rbalist,

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
It's better if you let the dreams happen as they will. Lucid dreaming is cool but a part of the unconscious mind processing doesn't complete if you "interfere". It's fun to do and an interesting demonstration though.

Just as important is deep sleep, where the body releases heavy duty healing hormones.

There are cool apps like Sleep that will track your sleeping, and guesstimate time spent in REM and deep sleep.

Also, people who meditate daily often find an increased "productivity" to their sleep, which helps out when the real thing isn't available.

syrupy,

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
I have had moments where I could lucid dream. It was flying in an odd way. I flap with my wrists only and I hovered and then realized I was flying which triggered my consciousness to know that I was dreaming. It was short but I love the thought of flying freely. It just feels more eco-friendly haha. Imagine that. Anyways, yeah @h3rbalist I wouldn't be better off without cannabis because I have a snobby obnoxious half-sister that constantly makes noises and disobey house rules. Can't get sleep so sometimes I have to deal with these nights with little sleep while my brother wakes up every morning at 8 to play games and sometimes voip chat which includes frantic shouts and laughing. I could get more sleep maybe when I am finally living on my own one day. Right now, 6 hours and sometimes a nap before work helps.

I know it supresses dreams but I have not had a full 8 to 10 hours but when I do I get dreams I just can't remember. I always wake up feeling high and squinted eyes.

CG420,

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
Anyways, yeah @h3rbalist I wouldn't be better off without cannabis

I wasn't suggesting that.

More that you should try looking into tulsi tea to bring on and enhance your dreams.

It worked for me with only one or two cups a night. The only trouble is my dreams are more like nightmares so I prefer not to have any.

h3rbalist,
Top Bottom