Sleep Paralysis........

darkrom

Great Scott!
Funny that this thread was resurrected. I haven't had a bout with this since I first created this thread a year and a half ago.........that was until last night after going on a 2 day T-Break. I totally forgot about the twitch your toe or finger to reboot but instead just panicked for about a minute. I hate when that happens, 'cause the way to get out of it is so simple if I just remembered it. lol

I'm making an attempt to abstain from cannabis until Friday, so I will be dealing with this again unless some pharms block this if I take them right before bed. I view sleep paralysis as the entry way to lucid dreaming. Now that I know what it is and what to expect you can kind of just "fight back" and eliminate the fear mentally. I hope this goes well and hopefully I can make it to friday, but realistically I'd be thrilled if I can even get 2 days clean :/ so far so good today I guess but I could really use it. The highs are non-existant and I just get nausea now when I vape or smoke. This isn't good. Hopefully a tbreak helps or I am in for a miserable life.

darkrom,

lwien

I'm making an attempt to abstain from cannabis until Friday, so I will be dealing with this again unless some pharms block this if I take them right before bed. I view sleep paralysis as the entry way to lucid dreaming. Now that I know what it is and what to expect you can kind of just "fight back" and eliminate the fear mentally. I hope this goes well and hopefully I can make it to friday, but realistically I'd be thrilled if I can even get 2 days clean :/ so far so good today I guess but I could really use it. The highs are non-existant and I just get nausea now when I vape or smoke. This isn't good. Hopefully a tbreak helps or I am in for a miserable life.

A T-Break should make a big difference. Best of luck to ya on this. The psychological addiction to cannabis can manifest itself physiologically in many ways and while it isn't nearly as intense as withdrawals to, as an example, opiates, for some, it can still be pretty tough to deal with over the long haul (two weeks or more). Hang in there...........

lwien,
I smoke/vape daily and still have really vivid dreams... I wonder if the pot I'm getting just isn't strong enough to do it? I would actually like to stop dreaming because they are always scarry as hell and just stress me out. I wake up feeling worse than when I went to sleep sometimes.

I've never experienced sleep paralysis, but I don't think my body does that properly though because I do move around in my sleep constantly. If I am dreaming I'll kick the wall hard enough to wake myelf up, and I use to sleep walk a lot. I also talk in my sleep, something I didn't even know about until I got a girlfriend.

SpaceKracker,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
sleep paralysis

hmmm ... interesting topic ... i thought it only happened when the aliens were in the room prepping for the abduction -- or so i've heard.

Hippie Dickie,
T-break for 1-2 days = vivid hallucination like dreams 100% of the time for me. A day without cannabis is VERY rare, but these "free trips" almost make it worth it. They definitely help make a day off easier. I guess it's nature's reward for a day of sobriety...a night of insanity.

Had a dream on my last t-break that a dreadlocked classmate and I were abducted by Marc Emery for the last installment of Strain Hunters. In India, we smuggled hashish from fields back up and down whilst veiled in covered caravans leaving the soldiers tolls of dark handscrape at the corner of our bags to let us through. Luckily we got it all back into the neitherlands! :mental:

biojuggernaut,

djonkoman

hmmm ... interesting topic ... i thought it only happened when the aliens were in the room prepping for the abduction -- or so i've heard.
that's because you can hallucinate in sleep paralysis, when me and some friends were trying to lucid dream a while back, one of those friends told that in sleep paralysis he saw and felt that his legs were on fire.

I myself only got an audio-hallucination, I heard music, not anything I would normally listen to but still pleasant, also not something I knew/recognised. it was just instrumental, I think it was a bit softrock-like
at first I thought it was from outside my room, maybe from the street(for example on christmasnight the local orchestra goes trough the streets playing christmasmusic), but the sound was very clear, if it had a source it had to be in the same room with that clarity(and even in that case it would've been good speakers)
then I realized it had to be a hallucination, also since I heard no one getting angry about being wokjen up in the middle of the noght by music, and there was no source it could be from.
after that my OBE and only self-induced lucid dream came

djonkoman,

djonkoman

earlier today I took an afternoon-nap since I've not slept enough the past few nights(busy)
and I dreamed really vivid. and I realised always of I sleep during the day my dreans are very vivid and I always remember them when waking up.

this time I dreamed I was the avatar(from avatar:the last airbender, watched the entire serie last week so was probably still on my mind a bit)
I do always feel weird when waking up after sleeping during the day tough, similar to feeling overslept(if I sleep more as 8-9 hours I feel weird, tired and crappy), but less tired and crappy but still weird
some of my not-purposely-triggered lucid dreams where also under similar circumstances, when I went to sleep a 2nd time after waking up in the morning
probably remember it better since I sleep less deep, usually I sleep pretty deep.

the best example I ave is a story from when I was 10 or so, at the time my parents would always come into my room once wheb they went to bed when I was already asleep to check on me, and I wanted them to stop doing that. so I said to them to stop it, and to ensure it I boobytrapped my door from the inside, I atached wires/ropes and a cowbell so that of the door was opened, the cowbell fell off the edge of a shelf, hang free on a string and make a lot of noise in the process.
I also hung a bicyclepump on the handle of the door, sp that when opening the door it would fall off the handle and make additional noise.
next morning, I woke up to my triggered boobytraps, my dad hadn't taking me seriously and tried to check up on me the previous night, and triggered the boobytraps, but I didn't even wake up.
my parents did get the message after that tough and stopped checking up on my every night.

djonkoman,
Top Bottom