• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Sleep Aid (Melatonin/Chamomile)

Devilstompa

Devilstompa
I am Interested in making a Melatonin/Chamomile Liquid to vape. Would VG/PG or Alcohol work better ?

Devilstompa,

herbivore21

Are you thinking of dissolving melatonin tablets or something into this? Dude, remember there are more excipients (filler agents which may or may not facilitate the originally intended method of administration) in these tablet/capsule formulations than just the melatonin. These are almost certainly not things that you want to vape.

I have done some great QWISO chamomile extractions which dab nicely, perhaps consider this. Remember, the research literature on the efficacy of melatonin suggests that this is questionable treatment for most kinds of insomnia anyway.

Devilstompa

Devilstompa
I was actually thinking of making it out of melatonin liquid and maybe chamomile tea ?

Devilstompa,

herbivore21

I was actually thinking of making it out of melatonin liquid and maybe chamomile tea ?
Same goes man, gotta find out the entire contents of that melatonin liquid and whether it is possible to remove the offending articles. Be very careful with this kind of thing, remember that medicine prepared for oral ingestion cannot necessarily be made into something that can be vaped/dabbed without advanced isolation techniques which ought only to be used by qualified chemists (also even then this could likely require the use of prohibitively expensive solvents and co-solvents).

I suggest staying away from trying to vape unknown melatonin solutions.

Devilstompa

Devilstompa
Is there anyway to buy pure melatonin? I'm just researching things and seeing if it is possible. I do know they do have sleep aid eliquid. Thank you

Devilstompa,

herbivore21

Is there anyway to buy pure melatonin? I'm just researching things and seeing if it is possible. I do know they do have sleep aid eliquid. Thank you
Depends on your locality, it is a prescription only substance in some jurisdictions around the world - in those locations you are stuck with whatever approved pharmaceutical preparations are available. In a location where melatonin is not controlled in any way, just contact the manufacturer and try to buy a 'sample'. ;)

I must add, do not break the law over this shit, make sure you check your local laws, it'd be an awful shame to hear somebody got in trouble with the law over something they already could get legally! All the best with it man :)

Last edited:

zor

I'm curious, I use melatonin when traveling and when I have sleep issues that weed just can't help. Why would you want to vape it? My experience has been that taking it orally (5mg) hits me very, very quickly (within 10 minutes).

Melatonin is also very susceptible to degradation by light, too, I think there are enzymatic pathways in our brain to break it down as well (from a light stimulus).

That said, I do see a number of eliquids with melatonin in them....

NorVape

Vape Rictim
I bought a camomille essential oil, produced using pressure, also safe for consumption.

Do you guys think I could mix this with an e-liquid?

Nok21

Yes and no. I'm against vaping chemical hormones for one, and have already seen melatonine juice at some lower end vape shops. Even caffeine e-juice :puke:

I'd start out with fresh herb, and if you had to use melatonin, please get pure lab grade melatonin in addition to doing the research for proper handling of any chemical potent at the mg strength.

Be safe, be smart.

Nok21,
Reactions: NorVape

cptn

I'm against vaping chemical hormones for one

THIS.

A lot of people forget melatonin is a HORMONE. Please be careful man.. I wouldn't even take melatonin orally much less try to vape it. Try a chamomile/lavender blend!

cptn,

xuledywo

I'm curious, I use melatonin when traveling and when I have sleep issues that weed just can't help with Melatonin Vapes. Why would you want to vape it? My experience has been that taking it orally (5mg) hits me very, very quickly (within 10 minutes).

Melatonin is also very susceptible to degradation by light, too, I think there are enzymatic pathways in our brain to break it down as well (from a light stimulus).

That said, I do see a number of eliquids with melatonin in them....
Just seen an add on Facebook and decided to look it up. Sounds like a great idea but now I want the juice to have it instead of buying into a kit. Seen it for around £15 for 3 10ml bottles. Anyone tried it?

xuledywo,
Top Bottom