sites with cannabis compound % for different strains??

MinnBobber

Hi,
what sites have the best charts showing compound % for cannabinoids/terps/etc?

Since cannabis is not "one size fits all", for proper medical benefits one needs to monitor what works for their ailments and then try to find other strains with that/those element(s).

What sites are best as I had previously found some "pie charts" with this info but am now not finding them.

For example, reviewing menus I really wanted Durban Poison to try a high THCV strain but shop has none. I want to scout their other strains, e.g. does Golden Goat have THCV? etc

Where is best place to find some pie (charts)?? :huh: Thanks

MinnBobber,
Reactions: C No Ego

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
This type of information is being requested more and more but the trouble is the numbers vary from grower to grower, genetic to genetic. Seed banks are the best at finding this data but you also have to look at phenotypes withing the strain. I am sure the numbers reported are on the highest yielding phenos, which are often not the best of the phenos as far as effects.

A few resources
https://www.seedfinder.eu
https://www.seedsman.com
https://opencannabisproject.org

EverythingsHazy

This information would be next to useless, unless you are dealing with clones or strains that have been stabilized to around f7.

Strain names mean nothing when they don’t even ensure that the parents were the exact same plants. There are “White Widow” plants from various sellers, that have nothing to do with each other.

chris 71

Yep would have to be tested to each batch . even the licenced producers that we have up here in canada test every batch for thc cbd and terpens and even with there stabilized production methods tere are slight varenincies between each batch . and im not sure if they even go as far a thcv and other canabiniods. They very well might but only list the basics thc cbd and highest terpens . still it does help to pick simalar strains if you notice one combo that works for you

MinnBobber

This information would be next to useless,
Strain profile charts would be very very valuable to me as it's a 2000 mile trip to the dispensary and I'd like to increase my odds of getting what I want/need :sherlock:
As you're aware, it's not one size fits all so I'm trying to fine tune my meager selection :tup:

It's the best one can do until packaging includes tests done on that exact run, and the results include something like:
thc-dosage-labels-help-with-portioning2.jpg

So, if I found that pinene really perked up my ECS and this Blue Dream sample above was posted on a cannabis info site under "Blue Dream description" which indicated pinene tested at 7.9 mg/g and I found the chart for Double Bubble Choco Berry Snoop Dawg Island Tsunami with a tested pinene level at 0.5 mg/g, which would you buy at the dispensary that unfortunately didn't have this great labeling aka all of Colorado? Which would be more likely to have higher levels of pinene?

Like I said, extremely valuable to me :clap::clap: so if you don't want to see this info, please look away :)
And even if it isn't perfect, I find this info to be fascinating.

Note: some charts were even getting into ranges, which of course would be more valuable. It might indicate, for example. that limonene ranged from 1.1 - 1.8 mg/g from the tests that had been done on multiple samples. So you had a likely range to help patients make better selections.

I rather have the info than not, that's for sure.

Thank you @psychonaut as results would vary, but it certainly helps increase the odds of getting the profile I want. And as I said above, I had once seen some "range of results" for each element, so you could see how it varied over many samples.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
One way to know for sure is to grow it yourself, but you still have to send it in for testing for verification. The numbers displayed at dispensaries are now showing a range of medicine which is helpful, though it's still somewhat arbitrary due to what you get in your purchase. You almost need quarter ounce to see the full level and even then it's mitigated by the lower potency flowers, so the 21% listed may in fact be averaged out to 17%.

When it comes to selecting cultivars from dispensaries, I tend to like the ones that are easily distinguishable and recognizable by look and smell. Good breeders will list many details you can confirm with online. It helps to ask them what seeds they are using too, they should be able to give you this info, and if not why shop there?

EDIT: FWIW, my caregiver has very little info to provide to me as a patient outside of THC/CBD %'s, the main reason I even chose them is due to clean green certification which is rare in CO, and also it's greenhouse grown which I appreciate. I would love it if they had more info as I geek out on this stuff.

MinnBobber

@psychonaut , grow it yourself-----sigh------someday ,I hope!!
Right now, our state medical program does not even allow any homegrowing which is a financial tragedy as many never even sign up or drop out or buy WAY LESS than they really need cuz they cannot afford it :(
It costs $200 reg every year and your Dr fee on top of that. For that money, you could grow your own supply for the year.

And that only gets you in the front door to the huge monthly costs of $1000, 2000, and one patient reported a $6000/month tab for their meds ( a $200 gram of oil a day).

I hope and pray that growing will someday be allowed as not allowing growing is maybe the cruelest piece of our repressive law :(

EverythingsHazy

Like I said, extremely valuable to me :clap::clap: so if you don't want to see this info, please look away :)
And even if it isn't perfect, I find this info to be fascinating.
I didn’t say that knowing the chemicals profile of your buds is useless.

I said that going by a profile for a ”strain” that you probably don’t even have (odds are the parents aren’t even the same, let alone the phenotype) is next to useless, and that’s true.

As for the charts you posted with pinene levels... You’d probably be better off going by which smells more like pine at the dispensary, because neither one of the strains being offered for sale are the ones being represented by the charts you found online. It’s very likely that they aren’t even from the same lineage.

MinnBobber

This information would be next to useless
.................................................................................
I didn’t say that knowing the chemicals profile of your buds is useless.
////////////////////////////////////////////////

Ok, I'm confused as you say the chart of % compounds I ask for (cannabinoid/terp/etc %) is "next to useless", and then reply that you "didn't say knowing chem profiles of your buds is useless". ???????????

They are one and the same : % compounds chart IS the chemical profile of that strain. The chart gives the profile of the elements in %, so I can make choices based on best info available VS "a f#cking shot in the dark" without such a chart/info as which strain has most THCV or limonene or whatever profile I'm searching for.

I repeat, absent testing a potential cannabis purchase BEFORE I buy, or having detailed data on the product, looking at data on strain composition is VERY VALUABLE to me.

If you don't want to look at the "pie charts" then go on a "no pie diet" :)

MinnBobber,

EverythingsHazy

.................................................................................

////////////////////////////////////////////////

Ok, I'm confused as you say the chart of % compounds I ask for (cannabinoid/terp/etc %) is "next to useless", and then reply that you "didn't say knowing chem profiles of your buds is useless". ???????????

They are one and the same : % compounds chart IS the chemical profile of that strain. The chart gives the profile of the elements in %, so I can make choices based on best info available VS "a f#cking shot in the dark" without such a chart/info as which strain has most THCV or limonene or whatever profile I'm searching for.

I repeat, absent testing a potential cannabis purchase BEFORE I buy, or having detailed data on the product, looking at data on strain composition is VERY VALUABLE to me.

If you don't want to look at the "pie charts" then go on a "no pie diet" :)
The chart is only useful for the exact clone it was made for. Odds are that chart is for a clone that isn’t even related to the one you see in the store being sold under the same name.

If you get the charts for the clones used in your dispensary, they would be useful. Otherwise, they are pretty much useless.

Even when dealing with offspring from the same parents, yo can get completely different phenotypes which would take a lot of usefulness out of the charts, but that’s most likely not the case.

Odds are, your dispensaries “Blue Dream” doesn’t even have the same parent plants as the one you found a chart for online, so the charts are pretty much useless.

Smelling the buds for different Terpenes would probably be more accurate than reading the chart for a completely unrelated plant.

MinnBobber

Smelling the buds for different Terpenes would probably be more accurate than reading the chart for a completely unrelated plant.
that's fine, you smell the buds. I'm in Minne-Snowta and the buds are 1000 miles away in Colorado so that's a little out of my range :sherlock:

So please tell me ....... just how am I going to look, for example, for a strain in CO with high THCV?????
Thru witchcraft and folklore and tea leaves OR review what data there is to make an informed choice???

And where do you think they get their seeds from, the guy in the alley or a trustworthy seed company??
You do it your way and please let me TRY to do it my way and get more info that I find valuable.

And a big thanks to folks on this thread who tried to help me find this info/ gave links to this valuable information :love:

MinnBobber,

EverythingsHazy

that's fine, you smell the buds. I'm in Minne-Snowta and the buds are 1000 miles away in Colorado so that's a little out of my range :sherlock:

So please tell me ....... just how am I going to look, for example, for a strain in CO with high THCV?????
Thru witchcraft and folklore and tea leaves OR review what data there is to make an informed choice???

And where do you think they get their seeds from, the guy in the alley or a trustworthy seed company??
You do it your way and please let me TRY to do it my way and get more info that I find valuable.

And a big thanks to folks on this thread who tried to help me find this info/ gave links to this valuable information :love:
There’s no need to be sarcastic and defensive. Obviously I’m not smelling buds that are in a different building. That’s not what I said. Also, nobody is stopping you from trying anything.

You can smell them when you get there...Or you can continue to read charts for plants that aren’t the ones you’re buying. Anyone who knows about genetics will tell you that those charts are pretty useless for they aren’t from the same dispensary that you use to buy your buds.

Top Bottom