1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Sinus problems when vaping. Anyone else get this?

Discussion in 'Medical Discussion' started by SVuser, Jun 20, 2012.

1. villekille2

villekille2 VenusVaporizer Manufacturer

I agree with Dreamerr about mold often causing problems. For sure you don't have to see it for it to cause problems. Maybe it was grown outdoor and there was a lot of rain near harvest and it got contaminated, maybe it was grown in an apartment with mold problems, or basement. Maybe it was not dried properly and got a chance to get mold growth..many reasons!

I have become sensitive to mold and it is a big problem to have good quality mj without any mold contamination. please people be careful with mold as strong exposure to it might change your life as there is no way escaping it so much better to avoid in the first place than become highly sensitive to it.

Dreamerr and Roger D like this.
  2. Dreamerr

Dreamerr Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀

I have been taking the prescription nose spray and allergy pills and that is helping. I really think most of our stash has mold in it no matter how top shelf it is. If you are sensitive you will react. Of course this is just a guess. I never realized till this thread but if I put my face in a jar of mj my sinuses will clog. I am going to dry all my mj dirt dry hoping this will help. I was always taught not to let it get that dry but now I think that is wrong. I was always told well put a lemon or orange skin in the mason jar or a fresh stem. I think this is wrong now. If you know anything about this please chime in.

Before I learned about stuff I always kept my stuff bone dry cause it was easier to use. I also used to pre-screen as well. This was years ago of course. I get stuff put it through the spaghetti strainer and back in the flimsy zip lock and I never had an issue. I am older so who knows this is all guesses. I guess learning is bad sometimes.

3. OO

OO Technical Skeptical

Mold spores are very common, and quite prevalent everywhere. What I do to keep my materials at optimum humidity is use boveda humidity packs (they prevent large changes in humidity, but also keep materials more moist than usual), that said, if what you use was grown outdoors, pollen from other plants may have accumulated on the resinous glands.
    There are still a number of factors to consider, have you tried using a microscope to examine your material? Do you know the techniques your source uses to control pests? Some pesticides are suspected of increasing allergen sensitivity.

Dreamerr likes this.
  4. Dreamerr

Nope on all the questions cept for what I grew. I have not seen any signs of mold through a microscope but the only way I would know is if it had mold hairs and obvious signs of mold. I will do some research on pics and stuff to see if I can detect weather or not stuff has mold. Right now any herb I have is ground up so I doubt I can see anything. I went back to my old ways of pre-grinding a couple of months ago cause it is easier.

5. OO

OO Technical Skeptical

Just keep in mind, it may be something so small you would need a very high power scope to identify it. Like pollen sticking to glands.

6. Dreamerr

I guess I will never know then. So what is one to do cause from what you say it is likely as I suspected it is either mold, mj pollen or some other pollen causing it? I guess just like with doc drugs it will be a choice daily on what is more important at the time...breathing or medicating for other stuff that is going on in a particular day. Like now for example I am jumping out of my skin and am at a lose of what to do.

7. OO

OO Technical Skeptical

Try minimizing the symptoms any way you can.

8. Roger D

Roger D Vapor Wizard

Let your herbs get drier, let them breathe and store in huge containers with plenty of space and air, avoid inhaling particles (like smelling the raw material), take it slower when you vape. Keep everything in your air path absolutely clean.
    Run everything through water tools with a lot of diffusion.
    At every shower clean your nose with pressurized saline solutions, you can also moisturize your canals with jojoba oil.
    Air your room, use ionizers, they help keeping particles down
    All theses smalls things make a huge difference. I got from clogged nose and sneezes to amazing respiration and best smell sense. The only way to keep problems away is an irreproachable hygiene. I clean as much as I can.

Dreamerr and vorrange like this.
  9. vorrange

vorrange Well-Known Member

Great post man! Thanks, will definitly try some of your tips. :nod:

Do you use a neti pot to clean your nose in the shower?

Roger D likes this.
  10. Roger D

Roger D Vapor Wizard

I use a commercial pressurized saline solution, because it is sterile, as it is the most important point
    Doing it in the shower facilitates crap removal with the hot water steam and stuff, you body gets hot and tends to expel more. A small drop of jojoba oil in the primary nasal cavity helps moisturizing it and avoid your nose to get too dry inside and helps for a better, softer cleaning. I do that every day at least once. That's just a part of the process, if you don't clean everything else and still have problems, you know where to look.

I was sneezing so much I even had to take shitty useless prescription drugs.. Now I'm fine, thanks to my compulsive cleaning habits

Tweak, Dreamerr and vorrange like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors