Single versatile vaporizer: Solo or Ascent/INH XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bxm3

Hey guys(and girls), i'm new here.
I'm looking to buy my first vaporizer and after a lot of reading i'm still confused so I hope to get some help :)

At the moment i'm only looking to buy one vaporizer in the near future, so i'm looking to buy the most versatile one.

I do travel a lot(airports and international borders) so semi-portability is somewhat important, but I will only vaporize in-door(my place or friends place) so ultra-portability and/or stealth is not an issue. I have inclination to portable sector mainly because I think cordless will be very convenience, easier to travel with, and overall very versatile.

I'm mostly going to use it dry with weed(so it should be best for this purpose), but I would also like it to be suitable for hash, and work well with glass as this is something I will most likely want to get in the future. I currently live in Thailand, which means the weed i'm getting is compressed thai weed(pretty low-grade if you used to the good stuff).
I normally prefer big hits(which followed by thick/dense cloud hehe) compared to a long session with lots of weak hits.
Another consideration is that my throat is relatively sensitive(which i know glass help with, but it's not an option at the moment).

After a lot of reading, it seems like the Solo is the go-to recommendation here. So many people with a lot of experience recommend it, that is must be awesome.
On the other hand, it is kinda old, and it seems like the 2013 Ascent/INH XP might threaten the crown if/when they get mature enough. I read there were too many issue with them in the past, but both are now in later iteration so they might be a good option at the moment.

Obviously people will be inclined to defend the device they own, so I would appreciate a comment from someone who had a working version of at least two of the devices. I am also open to more suggestions(portable or not) if you think it will be a better fit. My budget is around $200(lower is better, but I can also go a bit higher if it is worth it).

Thanks

bxm3,
Reactions: Kief

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I would get a Solo or a Lotus but i would get a Lotus before a Solo.

First because i don't need batteries to mess with, second because it's easier to carry, third because it's more shock resistant and forth because it has better taste.

Disadvantages of the Lotus is that the experience is as better as your technique, with the Solo it's much easier since you set the temp.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I have to agree with @vorrange I would get a lotus or VG coil. That is assuming you like water filtration with scientific glass. You said you want the lung busters, so sub, cloud, lsv/ssv should be on your future wishlist. But if you want lung busters out of a portable IME flame vapes work great but there are better stealth options, but stealth and lung busters usually don't equate by comparison of the big boys. Hope I helped feel free to PM if ya have any questions!

bxm3

Thanks for the reply's.

You seems to recommend an ultra-portable vaporizers with good stealth, although I said it is not a priority(i.e. I would prefer better experience over portability, or better yet - be in the middle ground).

Is that because my message wasn't understood correctly, or because you just think it's better option for me?

bxm3,

max

Out to lunch
bxm3 said:
After a lot of reading, it seems like the Solo is the go-to recommendation here. So many people with a lot of experience recommend it, that is must be awesome.
On the other hand, it is kinda old, and it seems like the 2013 Ascent/INH XP might threaten the crown if/when they get mature enough.
You can throw out that "kinda old" idea. Two of the best vapes you can buy are years older than the Solo. The Volcano on the high end and Vapolution on the low end are still worthy of consideration for any buyer if their particular attributes are valued. In addition, the other two portables you mention aren't in the same category as the Solo. They're designed for stealth vaping, with no mating up of stem and vape involved. The Solo is more of a hybrid between pocket portable and home AC vape. If I just wanted a 'walk around the house' portable, the Solo would be it. If I wanted an 'out and about' portable, where I could just pull it and hit it, then stuff it right back in my pocket, then I'd consider the DaVinci models, Inhalater, etc., and not the Solo.

natural farmer

Hey guys(and girls), i'm new here.
I'm looking to buy my first vaporizer and after a lot of reading i'm still confused so I hope to get some help :)

At the moment i'm only looking to buy one vaporizer in the near future, so i'm looking to buy the most versatile one.

I do travel a lot(airports and international borders) so semi-portability is somewhat important, but I will only vaporize in-door(my place or friends place) so ultra-portability and/or stealth is not an issue. I have inclination to portable sector mainly because I think cordless will be very convenience, easier to travel with, and overall very versatile.

I'm mostly going to use it dry with weed(so it should be best for this purpose), but I would also like it to be suitable for hash, and work well with glass as this is something I will most likely want to get in the future. I currently live in Thailand, which means the weed i'm getting is compressed thai weed(pretty low-grade if you used to the good stuff).
I normally prefer big hits(which followed by thick/dense cloud hehe) compared to a long session with lots of weak hits.
Another consideration is that my throat is relatively sensitive(which i know glass help with, but it's not an option at the moment).

On the other hand, it is kinda old, and it seems like the 2013 Ascent/INH XP might threaten the crown if/when they get mature enough. I read there were too many issue with them in the past, but both are now in later iteration so they might be a good option at the moment.

Obviously people will be inclined to defend the device they own, so I would appreciate a comment from someone who had a working version of at least two of the devices. I am also open to more suggestions(portable or not) if you think it will be a better fit. My budget is around $200(lower is better, but I can also go a bit higher if it is worth it).

Thanks

If you need big hits instead of long sessions, you hate long slow draws, you need to be cordless and you have a sensitive throat the Ascent is out of the game as well as the Solo and you need to get a Lotus… :myday: Get a WA as well if you need to use it with glass. Forget XP's… They started great with INH 004s but they have since becoming crappier by the month… :disgust: Even if you get one before you run out of patience it might not even work when you get it out of the box. :rant:

The Lotus is the only vape you'll want to get lost in the jungle with. Been there… :lol:

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
Both the Arizer Solo and Lotus may be used with hash.

• The solo requires you sandwich it between flowers.
  • I've smoked concentrate out of the Lotus by placing it on top of the flowers.
Both the solo and Lotus require you purchase their Water Pipe Adapter. Lotus allows you to order this at the time of sale, where the Solo requires you order from Planetvape.ca.

As far a capacity they are pretty much on par with a .2-.25 max pack (you want airflow in the Lotus). Both do not have a minimum amount, which I feel are the biggest drawbacks to the Ascent and the Pax. The Pax is ultra discreet but requires upwards of .3 unless I do a hack job with a second screen. Likewise the Ascent requires a glass screen to reduce the bowl space.

Taste ... Between the Solo and Lotus. I give that award to the Lotus. The reason being is that you control your hit and temp. I'll sometimes apply 5-8 sec of flame just to taste that lovely terps of the strain. I can do the same for the solo by starting on [2] setting but the flavor is lost quicker.

Speed ... Between the Solo and Lotus . The speed award goes to the Solo. The Lotus will require you to mix the contents. The Solo can cook through an entire pack without any need to mix.

Some words on the Ascent:
The Ascent has a digital readout and precise temp settings. You can autocratically set your vape session for 3 different heat settings and it will change on its own. The heating chamber is all ceramic and the air tube is glass encased in silicone. There will be the smell of silicone for a few days of initial usage. Un-restricted air draw is probably the key difference between the Airizer and Solo. The result of which pulls less dense vapor. Don't get me wrong, you can see vapor.... But if someone had put me to a cloud test, the difference in the Ascent cloud vs Solo Cloud is obvious.

Still the aesthetic factor and compactness, the Ascent looks sleeker than the Solo. Going over to water pipes, the Solo wins hands down. using a straight 14mm connection to a Pinnacle Water Tool was not nearly as fulfilling as the Solo with the Water Tool.

The Winner?

If you like electronics, and want a easy/cheaper device to bring you to the clouds. Choose the Solo.

If you are old fashioned(like I am) and want a ritualistic smoking experience with a lighter in hand. The Lotus.

Good luck and thanks for the PMing me for your assistance. I tried to remain unbiased. What would be awesome if this site had video chat. I'd like to partake in some vaping and show people these devices.

natural farmer

Great writing. I will disagree on the speed thing with the Solo though... While the Solo does not indeed require you to stir between hits, the hits with the Lotus are much faster due to the unrestricted draw and you can finish a load in less than 20 secs if you are in a hurry. Solo cannot do that. You need at least a few minutes for a fast session at 7 and the hits are quite harsh for the throat there.

bxm3

Thanks everyone for all the reply's.

It seems like the smartest choice will be Solo, and this is probably what I will go with.
Despite that, I still see some advantages to the Ascent over the solo - so if anyone can give an opinion regardless this specific match-up it would be helpful(someone who used both please). Again, the assumption is that I will use it in home, so total portability is not an issue.

Lotus might be a future purchase, once i'll get tiered of electronics :-)

vorrange

Vapor.wise
If you want it only at home, there are really no advantages that i can think of. What advantages are you infering?

vorrange,

bxm3

S1N3 post pretty much hit them all :-)

The words he said about the Ascent made it inconclusive for Solo. Though he did end up recommending the Solo.

I'm just interested to hear what people who used them both have to say - if they had to choose one to use at home.

bxm3,
Reactions: S1N3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom