SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Damn, that is pretty nice dude... too bad it's not hands-free. :p

I requested to have a custom wand made for me from 7th floor and they denied my request for a few reasons. No biggie, I'll just take my business elsewhere, and to be honest, hearing about a lot of issues with their QC on the glass, I am kind of glad I didn't go through with it.

As far as your 'direct draw' on your SSV, I have tried that on my VW before. I was just stoned and bored. I didn't think much of it and thought it, other than being silly at the time. :lol: Now what would be really cool is a gigantic wand that is 100% glass, with kind of a 'sherlock' mouthpiece,imagine my bubbler in the bottom right with the long, hobbit like mouthpiece crossed with a wand. I just think that would be kinda cool... really 'scientific' and Hobbit like. :brow::p It wouldn't give you much room to move around, but you could have it designed so it's aimed directly at your mouth while sitting at the PC. No need to move. :lol:

2698d1215761780-what-would-bilbo-baggin-do-vlcsnap-485939.jpg

SpiralArchitect,

Beezleb

Nice wand, I have mainly heard positive things regarding 7th floor glass in both design and quality.

Beezleb,

d0z21

I personally owned the SSV for about 2 months before deciding to sell it. The main reason I had bought it was because people raved that it had the best taste out of any vaporizer. I agree, the first one or two hits taken from a freshly packed wand are quite delicious. However, this is where the flavor ends. After that, the taste quickly turns downhill towards the standard "burnt popcorn" taste.

d0z21,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
people raved that it had the best taste out of any vaporizer.
Wonder if those people tried every model out there (well over 100) before stating that opinion. :rolleyes:

However, this is where the flavor ends. After that, the taste quickly turns downhill towards the standard "burnt popcorn" taste.
Once the good stuff is has been vaporized, would you expect it to taste as good? True the standard SSV has a narrow airstream which requires some stirring to facilitate an even cook, but that's also why it delivers vapor rich hits.

:2c:

vtac,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Depending on how high of a temp your vaping at, that directly correlates to how long the 'flavor' stays around. ;)

You nuke that shit, of course it's only going to give a few scrumptious hits.... turn it down a bit and savor the flavor! :D

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
However, this is where the flavor ends. After that, the taste quickly turns downhill towards the standard "burnt popcorn" taste.
Isn't this pretty much the truth for any vaporizer? maybe except the PD, but even then, after the first hit, the second one is bland. You just get a lot of first hits :brow:

max

Out to lunch
The main reason I had bought it was because people raved that it had the best taste out of any vaporizer.
Common sense says that taste goes downhill when you continue to hit weed that's already been cooked. And unless you're doing a 'one hit' amount, there's no way around it.

Isn't this pretty much the truth for any vaporizer?
Yeah, I'd say so, except for bagged vapor, where you combine the good and bad into total blandness.

max

Out to lunch
You can now get a Surfer with a pink housing. :rolleyes: OTOH I saw one on eBay with a red housing :cool:. Don't see that color on the site though. Interesting.

max,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Yeah, I remember watching a video review on CannabisTV... some chick had an all pink SSV. Personally, I think it's cool all the options they offer.

I'd love to see some custom airbrush ones.... they would truly be a work of art then!

SpiralArchitect,

smokeandskate

so im getting a ssv and im just stuck on picking a cool color i know im getting a black neck just need to figure out a good color base with a cool knob. any suggestions or photos to help me?

smokeandskate,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
smokeandskate said:
so im getting a ssv and im just stuck on picking a cool color i know im getting a black neck just need to figure out a good color base with a cool knob. any suggestions or photos to help me?
green.....i mean what else are we here for...the green(and badass black) ahahahahha

:peace:

SSV are really nice.....you will love it

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I got the willie nelson special with a black plate, in the dark it looks black on black, in the light, you get to see the spectrum of colors. I like it, but if I had to do it all over again, probably just get the standard black on black.

stonemonkey55,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
partially veiled,

Did you ever get that custom wand? How is it working out for you? I need more information on SSV's custom stuff... I want to know about it's quality etc. Pictures of it would be great.

stonemonkey55,

That is too bad. Do you think they will swap it out? I'm sure you might be able to work something out if your really sick of it.... I know the design your talking about, that kind of, rainbow glitter?

In fact, I'd like to see more pictures of SSV in general. I like looking at them.

If I were to ever order one, it would most likely be like the one on page 1 (vtacs, I'd assume). Silver body, black base, blue/green/white knob. She's a beaut. :)

SpiralArchitect,

smokeandskate

i think im gonna get a black neck with a black base but im gonna ask if they can put the old plexi glass base on it instead of the metal ones that come standard now

smokeandskate,

Beezleb

Nice. Just curious Smokeandskate. Why do you want the plexi base verse the metal base. Is it appearance or does it affect it other ways? I always wondered the difference.

Beezleb,

smokeandskate

well mainly just personal preference im an artist myself so in alot of things i buy i take looks into heavy consideration which is the first thing that drew me towards the silver surfer. So i think for myself i just like the contrast of having a textured surface (the neck) then also having that glossy reflective surface for the base if sorta mixes it up a bit. also i would assume it would be lighter with the plexi base

smokeandskate,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
smokeandskate said:
well mainly just personal preference im an artist myself so in alot of things i buy i take looks into heavy consideration which is the first thing that drew me towards the silver surfer. So i think for myself i just like the contrast of having a textured surface (the neck) then also having that glossy reflective surface for the base if sorta mixes it up a bit. also i would assume it would be lighter with the plexi base
cool idea man...nothing too major just simple dimples in the metal would look pretty cool.....

i always thought the SSV looked a lil too much like the da-Buddha...they really need to make themselves stand out(SSV) for people to not question buying the similar da-Buddha

:2c:

Hennessy1414,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
why is that? theyre both made by the same company, the dabuddha attracts bargain hunters and the ssv attracts those who like its aesthetics

they both hit relatively the sameand have the same basic components, just the ssv is much prettier and comes with the standard (non gg) heater cover, the dabuddha is easier to make though, so they charge less

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
why is that? theyre both made by the same company, the dabuddha attracts bargain hunters and the ssv attracts those who like its aesthetics

they both hit relatively the sameand have the same basic components, just the ssv is much prettier and comes with the standard (non gg) heater cover, the dabuddha is easier to make though, so they charge less
yeah I get all of that, but im saying from 7th floors prospective If i wanted to sell more SSV's and get more money I would make it really stand out from the *similar* lil brother its paired with. I would make it so people didnt even question, "Well they are pretty much the same thing, I mean look at them, and all these people are saying they hit they same....yeah I'll save money for the bud ill load in my da-Buddha later tonight"

just seems like there have been people like this in the past...if they made some changes to how it looked...they might have a better chance at selling the more $$$$ product(SSV).

wheres spyder when i need him :rolleyes: :lol:

Hennessy1414,

Beezleb

smokeandskate said:
Cool thanks. I hope you find the colors you are looking for.

Beezleb,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
I disagree that the only difference between Da Buddha and SSV is aesthetics. With the SSV you also get to use both type of heater cover and most importantly the heater is angled down. Not that the horizontal heater on the DBV doesn't do its job but you'll have a much easier time playing with kief and oil with the SSV then you will with the DBV.

In any event I don't think 7th level needs any sort of chance to sell more SSV. They seem to barely be able to keep up with demand as it is.

Skunkypete,

max

Out to lunch
I disagree that the only difference between Da Buddha and SSV is aesthetics.
Looks AND ergonomics. ;) The guts, inlcluding the heating element, are the same (this info directly from Steve at 7th Floor). The DBV housing (labor wise), base, knob, are all less costly than on the Surfer. It's quicker and cheaper to produce, thus the lower price. The DBV was a good idea. They now have a unit for both the low and high end of the analog whip price range, and with built in hands free, the DBV is a good choice vs. the hands free box vapes.

max,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
I edited this out, and posted it anew. Just so that it would should up as a "new post" when users are signed in. Sorry if this is needless or annoying mods, reprimand me justly if I deserve it. :uhoh:

-----
ninjamod edit: Don't be such an inconsiderate asshole. :p

Nice pics. :tup:

partially veiled,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
SA - It's not so important to swap out at this point since my SSV isn't getting used all that much but it's not like I hate my color set up. The all black just looks a little meaner while the willie nelson gets the "ohhs and ahhs" from my friends when I shine the light on it.

stonemonkey55,
Top Bottom