aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Yes. Hopefully you didn't have a lot of wand hash built up because now that will taste like shit :( But scrape whatever you can if you want to use it, then soak it in ISO. As for the whip you can try to clean it, but I would really suggest just buying a new one because it won't be easy to get rid of that taste.

aesthyrian,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Tuck said:
tdavie said:
Now my wand tastes like crap.

Clean your wand. After an ISO wash, if it's still stinky, maybe try soaking overnight in soapy water (I use dishsoap) with some bleach. Rinse thoroughly with hot water. I've never combusted in my wand *kinock on wood*, so I don't know that this will work, but this is how I used to clean my glass pipes and bongs.

Good luck, sir.

Thanks for the advice. At the moment I'm not using the SSV because of the taste, and I don't want to use hash in the Extreme. I'll try tomorrow and report back (I've got 100% ISO).

Tom

tdavie,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
aesthyrian said:
Yes. Hopefully you didn't have a lot of wand hash built up because now that will taste like shit :( But scrape whatever you can if you want to use it, then soak it in ISO. As for the whip you can try to clean it, but I would really suggest just buying a new one because it won't be easy to get rid of that taste.

About 5 months worth of usage; perhaps a 100 sessions. There's definitely resin buildup. Maybe I should just harvest it, give it to fiancee (she still smokes ciggy's), and thoroughly clean it. I don't mind passing it up it it's gonna taste horrible :cool:

Tom

tdavie,

PoopMachine

Its been posted somewhere in this thread.. the best way to harvest resin out of the whip is to use a screw with a head slightly larger than the hose. Tie a piece of string to it and fish it through the hose and then pull the screw through. If you get the right screw, it does a great job.

You can get hose to get you by at Home Depot but its not as pliable as the stuff that comes with the SSV. Buy a 10ft roll and just scrape it out periodically. That works much better than trying to clean it.

PoopMachine,

Frickr

i dont know if anyone else does this or have said it before, but lately when vaping small amounts, i dont empty the bowl between sessions, i just add a new layer of green on top of the vaped stuff and vape again, it seems to work alot better this way then vaping a small amount at a time and doesnt affect the taste any.
ive noticed an improvement in efficiancy over the coarse of adding layer by layer, the last layer to fill the bowl to the half bowl mark will undoubtedly vape better then the first layer covering the screen.

Frickr,

Hammerzeit

Picked mine up today. I got vaked as hell off half a LB trench, ended up making a video for the IRC crew. Good times. :brow:

I'm so used to the hot air off my LB that I wonder at times if its actually working (it is...). :lol:

Hammerzeit,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Congrats Hammer, love the name btw :)

Wait, the vapour that comes off a LB is even hotter than that of a SSV?

Is this the general conception?

OhTheAgony,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Generally with the LB you feel the heat since you are closer to the heat source. The SSV has tubing that allows vapor to cool a bit...which can lead to you taking massive hits without realizing it straight away.

Congrats on the new SSV!! It's a heavy hitter for sure, love mine!

Lo,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Gotcha Lo.

I've been using my SSV for over a month and a half now, and my throat feels so much better then it did when I was still smoking. But I still take way to large hits to often, I keep forgetting not to once I move on to higher grounds. My throat still feels a bit sore because of this and I do hope all that heat is not to harmful in the long run. I'm thinking about giving myself another month or two, but if I don't learn to take smaller hits by then I think it's time to get a bubbler of some sort. I'm hoping to avoid this though, I'm pretty sure it would grow in to another passion I can spend way to much money on.

OhTheAgony,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I have found that when hitting with the whip, it seems to be a wee bit harsher than when I am hitting through my bong.

And remember - You can find a nice piece of glass for relatively inexpensive. I picked up a nice little HVY Mini tube from my local glass shop. I think it was about $50.
Small, simple, and does what I ask. :)

AGBeer,

highfire

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the info, I've been lurking for a couple months. My SSV will arrive tomorrow. I got the SGG (spherical ground glass) connection after talking to richard at 7th floor. Thought I would share some info I managed to put together.

Standard connection:

Works well, but doesn't form the best seal.
Smallest hole in the heater cover allowing the most control.

Ground Glass:

Convenient if you like hands free
Forms great seal when surfaces are new and clean, but does eventually wear and require more effort for a good seal, or to attach/remove the wand

Largest heater cover opening

Spherical Ground Glass:

Very similar to original style in function and control, but with a better seal

Also has a large opening, I'm unclear weather it is the same as the standard GG or slightly smaller

It requires SGG hands free adapter (it is different from the standard hands free adapter)

With SGG the glass is thick enough you can actually heat the side of the wand at an angle and the glass actually helps to transfer heat evenly.

Thanks to Richard at 7th floor, and all the people at VapeWorld who I've talked to numerous times in my research.

I would love to hear from anybody who owns Spherical ground glass, or can correct/expand on any of the info I have gathered for other people considering SGG vs other connections, or considering buying the conversion.

Thanks again!

highfire,

Snafu

i am looking at the SGG when i can upgrade but that is far off in the future but it looks slick :)

Snafu,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
AGBeer said:
I have found that when hitting with the whip, it seems to be a wee bit harsher than when I am hitting through my bong.

And remember - You can find a nice piece of glass for relatively inexpensive. I picked up a nice little HVY Mini tube from my local glass shop. I think it was about $50.

Yeah, 'm still working on my breathing technique combined with lower temps for a bit now, but I've already did some looking around.

Everyonedoesit seems to have some nice glass and is still in my neck of the woods, or close enough anyway. I really like the look of some of these bubblers, do you guys think those will work with the SSV whip as well?

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/glass-bubblers1.cfm

OhTheAgony,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
Anyone know where I can pick up a mini-whip online please?

Vaporbros/vaporwarehouse site where I got one before seems to be on backorder, and has been for a while now.

Mine literally just cracked 5 minutes ago, the whole top half of the actual wand-bowl just snapped off when my glass mouthpiece lightly bounced off it :(
Thank god the herb I was vaping magically stayed safe in the remaining centimetre of bowl that was left in-tact!

Always thought it would break someday seeing as these mini-whips are far thinner and seems generally less stable than the 7th floor ones, but they're also far more efficient and hit better with small amounts, and seeing as I'm on a cutting-down phase right now I preferably need a replacement straight away!

Thanks

wilf789,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
wilf789 said:
Anyone know where I can pick up a mini-whip online please?

Vaporbros/vaporwarehouse site where I got one before seems to be on backorder, and has been for a while now.

Mine literally just cracked 5 minutes ago, the whole top half of the actual wand-bowl just snapped off when my glass mouthpiece lightly bounced off it :(
Thank god the herb I was vaping magically stayed safe in the remaining centimetre of bowl that was left in-tact!

Always thought it would break someday seeing as these mini-whips are far thinner and seems generally less stable than the 7th floor ones, but they're also far more efficient and hit better with small amounts, and seeing as I'm on a cutting-down phase right now I preferably need a replacement straight away!

Thanks

No other place to get them then the ones you've stated aboved...sorry!
But both places confirmed they should be back in stock in February...so hopefully...

If you cannot wait and want the best "efficiency" mod for your SSV...I recommend the elbow screens pack for the Arizer Q (5 bux everywhere online):
http://www.google.fr/search?q=arize...&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&client=firefox-a
Just insert the dome screen in the SSV wand... you will pack even less then in the MW from VB!;) I use both solutions: although the MW is easier to use when stirring, the elbow screen will give you incredible results packing no more then 0,04 g...

FLskwat,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Yes of course:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=201&p=52
Pictures in post 1284 shows you how it fits on a DBV wand. It's the same with the SSV only the screen fits even better (edge to edge with the wand, no "separation") + the angle of the SSV HC is better as you will never make your material fall in the heater cover's hole!
I'll post a picture of the SSV + screen when I get home ;) .

FLskwat,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
FLskwat said:
If you cannot wait and want the best "efficiency" mod for your SSV...I recommend the elbow screens pack for the Arizer Q (5 bux everywhere online)
Just insert the dome screen in the SSV wand... you will pack even less then in the MW from VB!;) I use both solutions: although the MW is easier to use when stirring, the elbow screen will give you incredible results packing no more then 0,04 g...

Thanks very much! Will buy one from Vape World's ebay seeing as it seems cheaper than any UK based sites - apart from Vapor Wellness but you need to have a minimum 50 purchase on there.

Does it hit for as long as the mini-whip? I'm guessing not quite as long seeing as there's less herb. I do like the fact that you just stick it in the top of the SSV wand though, you could switch between strains in the same session easily.
It doesn't ever get stuck in there does it? Or conversely doesn't fall out too easily that you're always losing bits of herb?

Thanks again.

wilf789,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
It's a perfect MOD.:

Multiple strains or users friendly
Very efficient (you can in fact pack quite a lot in that dome!) and hits as long as MW.
The only con compared to MW is easiness to stir but you 'll learn the good way to do it in 5 mn. No PROB8
And no it never gets stuck on my wand but remember they are handblown and therefore each one is slightly unique...But no there shouldn't be any size issue!

FLskwat,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
OhTheAgony said:
AGBeer said:

Yeah, 'm still working on my breathing technique combined with lower temps for a bit now, but I've already did some looking around.

Everyonedoesit seems to have some nice glass and is still in my neck of the woods, or close enough anyway. I really like the look of some of these bubblers, do you guys think those will work with the SSV whip as well?

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/glass-bubblers1.cfm

Just about any bubbler/tube will work with your given application - Just take notice as to the size of the downstem of your given applcation. I believe they are either in 14 or 18mm. BOTH will allow you to stick your whip into them. It becomes more important if you are looking to use a an adapter (which is my preference)

AGBeer,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Another important, useful & healthy MOD/tip on our beloved SSV!

As you might have found if you use this vapo intensively and/or if your material is caked with khieff and/or if you have iron lungs and take MASSIVE hitsa lot of particulates will trasspass the wand screen (less with the Q dome screen MOD but still). Some will stick on the glass of your wand, some will progressively go into the tubing of the whip, to your mouthpiece, and at the end, in your mouth/throat!

I found that a very flexible, dome shaped screen, with very thin holes, inserted in the mouthpiece extremity that goes in the tubing is an excellent particulate filter. In fact, you can then take very speedy hits, inhaling fast/big with no risks of getting trichs in your mouth + you can harvest all these goodies on the screen every 2 days!
So I have used these dome screens for that ( http://www.vapeworld.com/manufacturers/vapir-manufacturer/vapir-no2-screen-pack-20-pcs ...yes I know, not our friend manufacturer :lol: please feel free to choose other screens that fit), as I have them at home, they are very flexible and with form memory, and very thin holesas you can see below:

The MOD:

After 2 days of usage:

FLskwat,
Top Bottom