• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
asuseee said:
Hi, how many times do u guys fill the wand to get the desired high u want??

I'm still a bit of a noob, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it now.

I have a pretty high tolerance, but I need to fill up my wand 2 to 3 times to get where I want to be. 3 more often than 2, takes a bit of time. I only use high quality strains, about 0.2 gram ground up really really fine per wand. I stir it a often and keep turning up the heat till it the weed turns to a dark brown and practically no more vapour comes out of it. If it burns you went to far, but it always gets to hot on my throat way before I reach that point.

I may need a bubbler :/

OhTheAgony,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Welcome SSVRichard, good to see the SSV folks participating here!

I'm mostly a solo user, so a party wand obviously wouldn't be for me. If I do have guests over that want to try my SSV I prefer giving them one of my clean spare wands to play with by themselves. But perhaps there might be others who'd like one. Were you thinking of using some kind of valve system in these wands to prevent people from sucking up each others vapour or air-leakage when using it with less people then it'sset up for?

OhTheAgony,

Vapordreamer

It seems that somehow Aluminium foil got on my heating element so that it is no longer working properly (no vapor building regardless of temperature :/ ).

Is it possible to safely pull the heating element out so that I can send it to get a replacement heating element or do I have to send in the whole SSV because you can't remove the heating element by yourself?

Vapordreamer,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Removig the heating element would most likely voice the warranty, and it is also quite difficult to remove. It's clearly not intended to be remove often due to how it's seated in the unit.

aesthyrian,

SSVRichard

Richard
Company Rep
Cleanfiend said:
Hi Richard!

First and foremost, THANK YOU! Your company makes a wonderful product! I surf daily with my SSV.

I would love to see a glass handle/mouth-piece with a water filtration system built in. I think that you would have many interested customers. Then again, it's just my :2c:

Cheers.

No, thank you! Vapor enthusiasts like yourself allow us to keep producing quality products for us all to enjoy.

Are you thinking about something similar to the hand held water filter pictured at the top of this page? :
http://silversurfervap.com/glass/wcfm.html

SSVRichard,

SSVRichard

Richard
Company Rep
OhTheAgony said:
Were you thinking of using some kind of valve system in these wands to prevent people from sucking up each others vapour or air-leakage when using it with less people then it'sset up for?

I hadn't thought about a valve system. I guess it wouldn't be very practical to use with only one person.

aesthyrian said:
Removig the heating element would most likely voice the warranty, and it is also quite difficult to remove. It's clearly not intended to be remove often due to how it's seated in the unit.

This is true. You probably don't want to mess with the heating element. It's going to be much easier for you to send the unit in to be repaired at 7th Floor.

SSVRichard,

RGNSUP

SSVRichard said:
Cleanfiend said:
Hi Richard!

First and foremost, THANK YOU! Your company makes a wonderful product! I surf daily with my SSV.

I would love to see a glass handle/mouth-piece with a water filtration system built in. I think that you would have many interested customers. Then again, it's just my :2c:

Cheers.

No, thank you! Vapor enthusiasts like yourself allow us to keep producing quality products for us all to enjoy.

Are you thinking about something similar to the hand held water filter pictured at the top of this page? :
http://silversurfervap.com/glass/wcfm.html

I emailed 7th Floor a bit ago and still no response... so hopefully you can answer my question Richard:

I was wondering about the 6 arm water cooler, labeled number 93. What kind of glass is it? Do you guys blow them in house? How big is it: height, volume, down arm angle, glass thickness?

Thanks

RGNSUP,

Cleanfiend

RGNSUP,

I don't work for 7th floor -- but the item you are looking at is an attachment for a water pipe (an ash-catcher). I do not think it can function as a stand alone filtration device. Hope that helps.

Cleanfiend,

SSVRichard

Richard
Company Rep
Cleanfiend said:
Hi Richard! Thanks for replying about the water filtration attachment. I currently run my SSV through a standard 14mm tube, and can imagine that the bubblers you sell would be quite similar.

However, I was thinking something more along the lines of this:

https://www.vaporstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=aqua-vape-vaporfection-water-filtration

Thanks again

Wow, I've actually never seen this before... That is waaayyy cool!! I'm going to see if our glassblowers have seen anything like this before and see what they have to say about it.

RGNSUP said:
I emailed 7th Floor a bit ago and still no response... so hopefully you can answer my question Richard:

I was wondering about the 6 arm water cooler, labeled number 93. What kind of glass is it? Do you guys blow them in house? How big is it: height, volume, down arm angle, glass thickness?

Thanks

This water cooler is not produced by 7th Floor, we actually get these from a third party. I'm not completely sure about the glass composition, but it doesn't seem to be the same borosilicate that we use for the wands, heater covers, etc. They are about 4-5 inches tall. Volume? Hmm... I'm going to estimate that the inside of these is about 100 cm^3. (I could be way off though, that's just eyeballing it.) The down arm angle is about 45 degrees. The housing glass is about 4 mm thick I'd say. The glass the percs are made out of is about 2 mm thick.

SSVRichard,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
SSVRichard said:
OhTheAgony said:
Were you thinking of using some kind of valve system in these wands to prevent people from sucking up each others vapour or air-leakage when using it with less people then it'sset up for?

I hadn't thought about a valve system. I guess it wouldn't be very practical to use with only one person.

I think you will need some sort of valve system, otherwise it would only work if all users inhaled at exactly the same time and with the approximate same speed. . It could even turn in to some kind of contest about who can suck harder because unrestricted air paths would probably mean that whoever sucks fastest/hardest gets the most goodies :lol:

edit: on second thought that won't be possible because you'd loose to much heat in the process. You may want to rethink this idea. I do like the looks of that ^^^ bubbler btw.

OhTheAgony,

RGNSUP

Snafu said:
Cleanfiend said:
RGNSUP,

I don't work for 7th floor -- but the item you are looking at is an attachment for a water pipe (an ash-catcher). I do not think it can function as a stand alone filtration device. Hope that helps.

that item can indeed be used as a stand alone with the addition of this http://silversurfervap.com/glass/wcfm/sherlock-mouthpiece.html and a keck clip :)

It's a package deal from 7th Floor. You get the Ash Catcher/Water Filter (call it what you will), sherlock mouthpiece with clip, a GG water adapter, and hose. All for $89.

SSVRichard said:
RGNSUP said:

Thanks

This water cooler is not produced by 7th Floor, we actually get these from a third party. I'm not completely sure about the glass composition, but it doesn't seem to be the same borosilicate that we use for the wands, heater covers, etc. They are about 4-5 inches tall. Volume? Hmm... I'm going to estimate that the inside of these is about 100 cm^3. (I could be way off though, that's just eyeballing it.) The down arm angle is about 45 degrees. The housing glass is about 4 mm thick I'd say. The glass the percs are made out of is about 2 mm thick.

Thanks for the info Richard. Any chance you can release the third party who makes these?

RGNSUP,

SSVRichard

Richard
Company Rep
RGNSUP said:
Thanks for the info Richard. Any chance you can release the third party who makes these?

Unfortunately, I can't say what company it is. Sorry about that.

Oh! Btw, I've got some news... We are now offering a new color for the SSV called Blue Vein. It looks super rad... There will be new pictures up on the site soon I think. It's a deep blue with a textured vein pattern. You all are going to love it.

SSVRichard,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
FLskwat,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
SSVRichard said:
max said:
You all are going to love it.
Are we going to love the price? ;)

Haha. It's an additional $40 to have your SSV powder coated with blue vein. Totally worth it if you're looking for something you can show off to your friends.

Is it too late to get my Mind Eraser done in a Blue Eraser fashion?
:p

I think that might be a sick design...

AGBeer,

Hammerzeit

If I wanted to get my tracking number - would I be better off phoning 7th Floor? I sent a email but I haven't gotten any response. :(

Hammerzeit,

SSVRichard

Richard
Company Rep
Hammerzeit said:
If I wanted to get my tracking number - would I be better off phoning 7th Floor? I sent a email but I haven't gotten any response. :(

Have you gotten your tracking number? I'm sorry, our offices are open Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:00pm MST, so if we receive messages and emails outside of those hours, we will do our best to respond quickly once we return.

SSVRichard,

Snafu

the only thing i can think to add to the paper work that comes with the ssv would be "proper practice makes perfect." as you can practice something wrong all day long and be worse off at the end of the day then when you begun :)

Snafu,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I thought this would most properly fall in the SSV thread since I was using an SSV when this happened.

Two days ago, fiancee picked up 7 different kinds of hash. So of course I've been fiending :peace: Things have been rather 'disconnected', and forgetting that I actually had weed in the SSV wand, today I started hitting it, thinking that there was hash in the wand. I like to hit hash with the temperature control set to maximum. All I have to do is take a small hit of this bubble hash.

Well, there wasn't hash in the wand, there was weed. I took a nice long, slow toke, got what I thought was a choking cloud of vapor, but was really smoke. As I drew the wand away, I noticed that there was a glow; uh uh there was a little fire going on. Not a cherry, but actual flames.

Now my wand tastes like crap.

Tom

tdavie,

Hammerzeit

SSVRichard said:
Hammerzeit said:

Have you gotten your tracking number? I'm sorry, our offices are open Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:00pm MST, so if we receive messages and emails outside of those hours, we will do our best to respond quickly once we return.

Wow. I have no idea how but you guys got back to me on the 24th...and I somehow managed to not notice. :lol:

It just cleared customs yesterday. Really looking forward to it. :)

Hammerzeit,

Tuck

tdavie said:
Now my wand tastes like crap.

Clean your wand. After an ISO wash, if it's still stinky, maybe try soaking overnight in soapy water (I use dishsoap) with some bleach. Rinse thoroughly with hot water. I've never combusted in my wand *kinock on wood*, so I don't know that this will work, but this is how I used to clean my glass pipes and bongs.

Good luck, sir.

Tuck,
Top Bottom