• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Can Steve or someone confirm or deny that the spherical ground glass wand and heater come with the new SSV, even the cosmetic 2nds on EBay?

As I told, I got my cosmetic 2nds via eBay and all was included, exactly like the picture "WHATS IN THE BAG?" shows. Except the different colours of pick and bag of course :)

Cervical CBD

As I told, I got my cosmetic 2nds via eBay and all was included, exactly like the picture "WHATS IN THE BAG?" shows. Except the different colours of pick and bag of course :)

I just watched a video filmed a year ago where Steve discusses the evolution of adding the spherical glass wand and heater cover...thank you.

Marcus

I like the spherical GG, but it does need cleaning every morning as it gunks up real quick and only takes a small load. The newer ones look to have a bigger bowl in them. Does anyone know if this is the case?

I'm lucky to have the 18mm GG heater cover too and I'm running that on my SSV with a standard splinter stem and basket screen. Now that kicks like a mule! The whip fits snug in the stem and the basket screen brings the load closer to the heater.

(and I don;t have to clean it so often! Really don't know how or why the GG whip gunks up so fast?)

blackstone

I like the spherical GG, but it does need cleaning every morning as it gunks up real quick and only takes a small load. The newer ones look to have a bigger bowl in them. Does anyone know if this is the case?

I'm lucky to have the 18mm GG heater cover too and I'm running that on my SSV with a standard splinter stem and basket screen. Now that kicks like a mule! The whip fits snug in the stem and the basket screen brings the load closer to the heater.

(and I don;t have to clean it so often! Really don't know how or why the GG whip gunks up so fast?)

I agree the screen and just behind it on the spherical GG wand gets gunked from time to time so I rotate screens, but I do like a smaller bowl.
When I was trying different reducer inserts in the regular spherical wand I could see that certain criteria like screen distance from heater, diameter of bowl, wand/insert material (conductivity) and shape seemed to affect the tendency to get gunked up or not, one of my setups with a 8mm bowl diameter also never got gunked up so it's likely related to the varibles above and has to do with some vapor re-condensing behind the screen along with ABV dust.
Maybe this is the difference you are seeing between your two setups too.
I think you're correct that the most recent spherical GG wand is the biggest yet, it uses a 17mm flavor disc and 20.8mm screens. - https://www.elev8glassgallery.com/s...porizer-ssv-spherical-flavor-disc-glass-whip/
This bowl size was first used on Super Surfer and Elev8r apparently.
And although it sounds a bit big for my uses, i guess its possible it has some desirable characteristics like not getting gunked up, or more even browning.
My spherical GG use 11.67mm flavor disc and 15.8mm screens. Maybe they still sell these wands on request.

I see they now sell a whopping 29mm regular GG heater cover and wand too! - https://www.elev8glassgallery.com/29mm-heater-cover-for-silver-surfer-and-da-buddha/

Cant wait to vape 0.1 or 0.2 in my SSV once I restock my supply, whenever that will be!
Need to get an order in for whips too.

Just ordered my 1st vape....Waverider Supernova SSV!

Sweet design, well done for choosing that as a first vape. I wasted money trying to get in with cheap portables at the start but wish I had seen the bigger picture back then.

Tombudster

It 100% has a huge bowl in comparison. I have one. I hated it at first because it used so much to cover the screen, but it worked great, had better results, and easier to clean/stir/empty.

Tombudster,
Reactions: Ramahs

Cervical CBD

As with most quality vapes, it always requires fine-tuning technique development. You will be very happy once it "clicks". I have no doubt of that.

This morning was much better. I didn’t much the wand around as much and I seemed to get more vapor. I packed a smallish bowl and got 4 or 5 good rips before it started to taste not so good. The 1st pull with a vape is delicious!

Cervical CBD,
Reactions: Vital

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
This morning was much better. I didn’t much the wand around as much and I seemed to get more vapor. I packed a smallish bowl and got 4 or 5 good rips before it started to taste not so good. The 1st pull with a vape is delicious!

And eventually start experimenting with different techniques. Everyone's lungs are different. Find what works for you. Remember, you can turn the temp up and compensate by drawing faster, or turn the temp down and compensate by drawing slower. Filling the bowl differently will provide different outcomes. Different stirring techniques will provide different experiences. If you have a cylindrical ground glass wand of an original connection, allow for different methods of twisting and rotating the wand as you hit, which provide different experiences.

So, try different things and find your own preferred technique. You'll be glad you did.

Ramahs,

Cervical CBD

Loving it so far through the wand but struggling with my waterpipe. I’ve been using the mouthpiece with it and I can’t figure out how to remove it from the wand or if it’s necessary? She’s a tight fit and I don’t want to break it because I don’t have a backup! Nevermind I got it and it’s a lot better without the mouthpiece. The elbow adapter would be really perfect but this will do for now.

Last edited:
Cervical CBD,

Cervical CBD

I like my SSV but I feel like I’m out of breath trying to draw. I’m really out of shape and it’s a struggle to have the lung capacity, especially through water.

Cervical CBD,

Vital

I like my SSV but I feel like I’m out of breath trying to draw. I’m really out of shape and it’s a struggle to have the lung capacity, especially through water.

An SSV should have virtually zero draw resistance. Do you find that you're only out of breath when you're using it through water?

Cervical CBD

I really like it but not a fan of trying to keep the whip clean. I’ve tried 91% iso but it’s still brown and smells. How often should I replace it?

Cervical CBD,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I really like it but not a fan of trying to keep the whip clean. I’ve tried 91% iso but it’s still brown and smells. How often should I replace it?

Depends on your usage. Heavy daily users will often replace it at least once a month. Lighter users can go months. If you buy the medical grade silicon tubing in bulk, you can replace your whip for a dollar or two. If you order the vinyl tubing from 7th Floor, it's only like six bucks I think. So, it's extremely cheap to replace.

hoptimum

So, from what I've read so far from everyone here the Quartz Heater Enhancement Tube seems like a flop. I guess I will have to attempt the ball mod, if anyone else is looking think I found a decent supplier and they are state side for 200 Quartz 3mm balls + shipping charged me $55.

https://www.stachurawholesalegemstones.com/quartz-crystal-spheres.html

I use 3mm quartz balls in one SSV and the tube in another, and it seems to me that they’re about the same. That price seems high. Plus, you don’t need 200 balls

hoptimum,

Flow

I still use glass tubing around the ceramic heating élément. For me the improvement of this mod is keeping the knob lower AND hot air is more consistent - ie it does not cold too fast as i draw on my whip.
Its a mod that tend to change my SSV from a "slow sippin' vape" to a "Steamboat"
So i keep it… it depends on my use of it.

Flow,
Top Bottom