• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

blackstone

You can definitely find the parts for the kit online and get them yourself. It was just a 14mm conical ground glass wand (basically the same as the 18mm conical ground glass wand that comes with the DBV, but 14MM size), and a rimmed backet screen that fits the end of the 14mm wand, and a low-profile 18mm/14mm adapter to insert the 14mm wand into the 18mm connection in your DBV (or SSV with conical glass heater cover) . You can also add an 18mm keck clip if you want the adapter to stay attached to the wand.

Thanks, I had seen parts that might have worked like whip connectors and even a davinci ascent water adapter!
But the whips and screens and added wpa connector are attractive in the Ddave also.
Now I'm looking forward to what he might have coming soon!

nonamekevin

Has anyone confirmed if the original hand blown wand works with the spherical heater cover? If it does, I assume the HFA can also be used?

Still haven't obtained the pieces to make this SSV operational, so I'm still collecting ideas. Also, nobody responded to the question about who uses their SSV/Sup daily. That makes me think that the vape isn't popular for some reason, cause usually someone speaks up. :shrug:

From those who have an SSV/Sup, what is it about the vape that makes you reach for something else on a daily basis? Ritual of the vape doesn't fit your needs? Not strong enough? Too slow? Truly interested.

nonamekevin,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

NuMbNutZ

Has anyone confirmed if the original hand blown wand works with the spherical heater cover? If it does, I assume the HFA can also be used?

Still haven't obtained the pieces to make this SSV operational, so I'm still collecting ideas. Also, nobody responded to the question about who uses their SSV/Sup daily. That makes me think that the vape isn't popular for some reason, cause usually someone speaks up. :shrug:

From those who have an SSV/Sup, what is it about the vape that makes you reach for something else on a daily basis? Ritual of the vape doesn't fit your needs? Not strong enough? Too slow? Truly interested.
Hey, I use mine a lot, I only use it for flower so if I dab, it’s going to be a rig, enail, or nectar collector. Sometimes I’m out or I like to be outside so it’s a portable that fits the bill...Its fun to use different devices but certainly not necessary. The SSV with glass beads is the biggest hitter out there is right now, you can keep it turned on all day so heat up time isn’t an issue, not sure what to say that would dissuade you from getting one, if you’re looking for a desktop, it’s a solid choice. I was using the DDave mods to get a more concentrated hit, the SSV wasn’t very popular when I did this BTW, but with the beads, I can use the spherical glass heater with better airflow with the beads, and now the SSV is a real powerhouse.

Last edited:
NuMbNutZ,

Alexis

Hey guys. Wow so excited, this Friday I should have in my own hands for the first time ever a fully functional clean and ready Silver Surfer vaporizer to try out courtesy of a tremendously generous Canadian based and the extremely popular and valued and member of this community and others.

ExceptbI need a US/Canada to UK power adapter. What is it now? 110 v to 220v ?:hmm:

Yep I think so. Just been awake all night really high and merry on a combination of kava and lovely edible and vaporized cannabis so I'm in so much of a dreamy detached state.

I did look on eBay and Amazon before or and can easily just grab any old option I just thought I would pitch in here in case any UK residents came across a particularly good deal or model or or are aware of any particular contraindications with any certain models or designs any input would be massively appreciated.

I'm only looking for the most basic and cheapest thing which will suffice to do the job. Aesthetics are never of a concern, besides practicality when it comes to ease of use and size etc.

Hope y'all cool today. Sinking a nice black cuppa right now to stay higy in the spirit of the day ( hands to counteract some of my dreamy medicatedness lol.)

A nice gente dose of a.m. caffeine has always gone down well. Feeling more sprightly already. :)

blackstone

Vape Critic many years ago getting some whopping ass clouds from a standard HC set up on the SSV!

A really cool death metal song about Silver Surfer vaporizers, yes, that's what I said!!

Still haven't obtained the pieces to make this SSV operational, so I'm still collecting ideas. Also, nobody responded to the question about who uses their SSV/Sup daily. That makes me think that the vape isn't popular for some reason, cause usually someone speaks up.
shrug.gif

I don't think that's a known combination. The elev8r wand, and the two spherical wands are the only ones they say will work with the spherical HC.
And the way I understood it, the elev8r wand needs the HFA to function at all. Meaning it probably doesn't lend itself to hand use or moving and rotating around in the joint?
The only combo I can recommend is the one I got (regular spherical), as I love it. Not sure if that helps.
Maybe an email or call to the company would help you here.
And I normally only use the HFA for oils on a flavor disc, with herb I like to be able to move the wand and pull it away at just the right time to clear the whip and stir.

The SSV is alarmingly powerful, and like most clean path/glass, direct draw convection vapes it functions really great! with a nice little pinch of good material. Mine works really well with about 0.1 or just over.
While really tiny loads will require a little extra thought or care if you want to fully extract.
Lately I wanted to get set up with a smaller wand/bowl to use mine everyday all the time.
But if my supply here improves again this could be the only vape I'd need at home.
I'm often trying to be frugal with smaller loads in portable vapes that also employ a little conduction heat.
Or those will sometimes work better for me on the patio, or in bed.

I only recently considered contacting 7th Floor/Elev8 to maybe make me up a spherical wand or all glass path with a smaller bowl, that would probably work out really great for me!

I know the member here Vitolo, for a long while used the SSV as his first vape of the day, and last thing at night.
And I know, himself owning many vapes, he normally liked to mix things up with different devices in the day maybe partly to prevent tolerance or alter intake methods.

Did you get your element to light up yet @nonamekevin ? I think you could do it without the glass knob by twirling the metal/plastic part, like in a old vehicle stereo years ago!

Hey guys. Wow so excited, this Friday I should have in my own hands for the first time ever a fully functional clean and ready Silver Surfer vaporizer to try out courtesy of a tremendously generous Canadian based and the extremely popular and valued and member of this community and others.

ExceptbI need a US/Canada to UK power adapter. What is it now? 110 v to 220v ?
thinker.gif

Yep I think so. Just been awake all night really high and merry on a combination of kava and lovely edible and vaporized cannabis so I'm in so much of a dreamy detached state.

I did look on eBay and Amazon before or and can easily just grab any old option I just thought I would pitch in here in case any UK residents came across a particularly good deal or model or or are aware of any particular contraindications with any certain models or designs any input would be massively appreciated.

I'm only looking for the most basic and cheapest thing which will suffice to do the job. Aesthetics are never of a concern, besides practicality when it comes to ease of use and size etc.

Hope y'all cool today. Sinking a nice black cuppa right now to stay higy in the spirit of the day ( hands to counteract some of my dreamy medicatedness lol.)

A nice gente dose of a.m. caffeine has always gone down well. Feeling more sprightly already.
smile.gif

That's great it's on the way for you, and I hope it goes down well with your particular condition or allergies.
I dont use/need a converter but I believe you will just need to search for "110v converter UK plug 40watt"
I saw them about as cheap as 10 bucks. A 40 watt is the lowest rating I saw that should cover the SSV power draw.
And Im sure you're aware that ordering from China or similar will add weeks to the shipping times!
Just dont forget it man!
Hope you enjoy. Have a good weekend!

Alexis

That's great it's on the way for you, and I hope it goes down well with your particular condition or allergies.
I dont use/need a converter but I believe you will just need to search for "110v converter UK plug 40watt"
I saw them about as cheap as 10 bucks. A 40 watt is the lowest rating I saw that should cover the SSV power draw.
And Im sure you're aware that ordering from China or similar will add weeks to the shipping times!
Just dont forget it man!
Thanks mate I always appreciate your generous words of good will and warmth, on top of the excellent knowledge, info and advice.

I already ordered a cheap enough step down converter. Which will certainly not arrive until nrxt week now so I'll have to wait a little bit my first trial of the Silver Surfer.

4 day expedited shipping from Canada didn't give me much time now to get my act into gear.

No worries on any of that though, and I continue to look forward to it for sure.

Have a great weekend yourself mate modding and vaping (hopefully more vaping and chilling I'm hoping you have done sufficient modding 1-hour to be satisfied with what is immediately on hand.) :)

Last edited:

nonamekevin

Vape Critic many years ago getting some whopping ass clouds from a standard HC set up on the SSV!

A really cool death metal song about Silver Surfer vaporizers, yes, that's what I said!!

I don't think that's a known combination. The elev8r wand, and the two spherical wands are the only ones they say will work with the spherical HC.
And the way I understood it, the elev8r wand needs the HFA to function at all. Meaning it probably doesn't lend itself to hand use or moving and rotating around in the joint?
The only combo I can recommend is the one I got (regular spherical), as I love it. Not sure if that helps.
Maybe an email or call to the company would help you here.
And I normally only use the HFA for oils on a flavor disc, with herb I like to be able to move the wand and pull it away at just the right time to clear the whip and stir.

The SSV is alarmingly powerful, and like most clean path/glass, direct draw convection vapes it functions really great! with a nice little pinch of good material. Mine works really well with about 0.1 or just over.
While really tiny loads will require a little extra thought or care if you want to fully extract.
Lately I wanted to get set up with a smaller wand/bowl to use mine everyday all the time.
But if my supply here improves again this could be the only vape I'd need at home.
I'm often trying to be frugal with smaller loads in portable vapes that also employ a little conduction heat.
Or those will sometimes work better for me on the patio, or in bed.

I only recently considered contacting 7th Floor/Elev8 to maybe make me up a spherical wand or all glass path with a smaller bowl, that would probably work out really great for me!

I know the member here Vitolo, for a long while used the SSV as his first vape of the day, and last thing at night.
And I know, himself owning many vapes, he normally liked to mix things up with different devices in the day maybe partly to prevent tolerance or alter intake methods.

Did you get your element to light up yet @nonamekevin ? I think you could do it without the glass knob by twirling the metal/plastic part, like in a old vehicle stereo years ago!

Just dont forget it man!
Hey friend, thanks for checking in. For sure, the heater works, but the glass knob isn't a tight fit right now. I can place the knob on the temp dial, but turning the knob doesn't turn the dial. When I got the SSV, the previous user rigged up some painters tape on the dial and kind of wedged the knob on. I'm trying to figure out a way to restore its original function, and what would make it easier, is if someone could be kind enough to take a picture of the knob and the dial. Maybe the knob knurling is stripped on mine, maybe I'm missing a piece for the dial? I don't know.
:science:

nonamekevin

Thanks homie! After watching the install video of the dimmer switch, I'm thinking the female knurling on my temp knob is stripped.

Would someone be kind enough to snap a picture of their temp knob where it goes onto the dimmer switch? The videos I've seen, it looks like people have to use a little effort to get the knob on, where mine easily slips onto the dimmer switch. :huh:

nonamekevin,

nonamekevin

Heard back from 7th floor. Temp knob repair of the threading is $5, plus shipping there and back. A full refurbish, which includes a new heater, repaired temp knob, new temp dial, new electrical connections, new power cord (if needed) and if you have the original heater stand (which I do) they will upgrade it to the new style. All for $30, plus shipping there and back.

:rockon:

Alexis

Somebody please help put my mind at rest that I haven't destroyed my new SSV. I went to use it this morning for the first time feeling better after a nasty went illness about and I noticed immediately that the step down converter I bought only had two pins instead of the needed three.

I've been up all night and I'm pretty medicated and weary and I was so disappointed then I thought I had an epiphany that I could use the same adaptor I have been using with my USA built Woodscents last 3 years.

So I plugged it in and it was working but within minutes there was a big pop and the heating element died and won't come to life now.

It was then that I checked more carefully and saw that the adaptor was a 230 volt 1 and not a step down converter.

Please can anybody tell me if there is an easy way to fix this or if I have destroyed the vaporizer for life?

Do I just need to replace a fuse or something which I can do myself?
What does it need to go back to 7th floor for an official repair?

Maybe Vapefiend can help? Any advice or Assurance would be greatly appreciated guys I feel like such a plum, so disappointed and just hoping it's not a mega expensive or impossible fix.

Vital

Somebody please help put my mind at rest that I haven't destroyed my new SSV. I went to use it this morning for the first time feeling better after a nasty went illness about and I noticed immediately that the step down converter I bought only had two pins instead of the needed three.

I've been up all night and I'm pretty medicated and weary and I was so disappointed then I thought I had an epiphany that I could use the same adaptor I have been using with my USA built Woodscents last 3 years.

So I plugged it in and it was working but within minutes there was a big pop and the heating element died and won't come to life now.

It was then that I checked more carefully and saw that the adaptor was a 230 volt 1 and not a step down converter.

Please can anybody tell me if there is an easy way to fix this or if I have destroyed the vaporizer for life?

Do I just need to replace a fuse or something which I can do myself?
What does it need to go back to 7th floor for an official repair?

Maybe Vapefiend can help? Any advice or Assurance would be greatly appreciated guys I feel like such a plum, so disappointed and just hoping it's not a mega expensive or impossible fix.

Hi Alexis,

Does the light on the back of the SSV come on when you plug it in? If yes, it sounds like you fried the heating element...if the light doesn't come on, than you might have fried the rheostat (dimmer switch) or both. You should be able to order parts from Elev8rglassgallery. Here's a video that shows how to change the switch.

You can see that replacing the heating element isn't that difficult either.

Hope this helps...

Last edited:

snamuh

ghost
Hi Alexis,

Does the light on the back of the SSV come on when you plug it in? If yes, it sounds like you fried the heating element...if the light doesn't come on, than you might have fried the rheostat (dimmer switch) or both. You should be able to order parts from Elev8rglassgallery. Here's a video that shows how to change the switch.

Hope this helps...
The beauty of a simple vape that just works.
My da buddah is my go to if I don't feel like plugging in my flowerpot.

They need to market da buddah cosmetic version like it's vapcap m of the desktop world.

Alexis

Hi Alexis,

Hope this helps...
Hello friend. Thanks very much for coming in with advice and assurance and Direction really appreciated as always.

But good news it's ok I've been in touch with 7th floor and Steve and it's just a case of them sending me a new heating element but can you believe it the astonishingly generous benefactor of this gift initially has already beaten me to it and commissioned a new heater to be on its way to me.

Both 7th floor customer service and Steve were fantastic and so assuring and cool about everything and really helpful. I've had nothing but purely solid dealings with 7th floor as a company and individuals.

So no massive disaster at all. I was in an emotionally heightened state this morning when I was so excited to be trying the SSB after having been literally dying from respiratory infection just earlier that night.

At least it felt like that before some very effective treatments, it was the first time for a few weeks that I really felt like having a vaporizer session as well.

Still I'm looking even more forward to trying this vaporizer now now having gotten so salivatingly near. :drool::nod::)

Vital

Hello friend. Thanks very much for coming in with advice and assurance and Direction really appreciated as always.

But good news it's ok I've been in touch with 7th floor and Steve and it's just a case of them sending me a new heating element but can you believe it the astonishingly generous benefactor of this gift initially has already beaten me to it and commissioned a new heater to be on its way to me.

Both 7th floor customer service and Steve were fantastic and so assuring and cool about everything and really helpful. I've had nothing but purely solid dealings with 7th floor as a company and individuals.

So no massive disaster at all. I was in an emotionally heightened state this morning when I was so excited to be trying the SSB after having been literally dying from respiratory infection just earlier that night.

At least it felt like that before some very effective treatments, it was the first time for a few weeks that I really felt like having a vaporizer session as well.

Still I'm looking even more forward to trying this vaporizer now now having gotten so salivatingly near. :drool::nod::)

Good to hear that you got it resolved. That's one of the nice things about the SSV... it has many user serviceable parts. I hope that you get the parts quickly so you can enjoy the incredible flavor that the Silver Surfer produces. :drool:

Last edited:

vape>comb

Anyone know where the SSV might be available in Europe? Vapefiend has uk plug only. And jahvaporizer charges as much as a Ditanium which seems to have a bit more value for the buck. Crazy European pricing and availability unfortunately. If I had access to US webshops and no customs bs i would be sipping and ripping on my ssv already.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Anyone know where the SSV might be available in Europe? Vapefiend has uk plug only. And jahvaporizer charges as much as a Ditanium which seems to have a bit more value for the buck. Crazy European pricing and availability unfortunately. If I had access to US webshops and no customs bs i would be sipping and ripping on my ssv already.
https://vapefiend.co.uk/products/silver-surfer-vaporizer

Which country do you need it for ? Maybe i can help better also there is some forum discount at vapefiends shop. I will try to dig it out., Try code 420 it knocks price down to 169 GBP

boon

We.have two shop in France
https://www.vaporisateur.net/silver-surfer-ssv/110-silver-surfer-standard-.html

https://lacentralevapeur.com/vaporisateurs-fixes/23081129-silver-surfer-vaporizer-2019-ou-ssv.html

vape>comb

https://vapefiend.co.uk/
We.have two shop in France
[URL]https://www.vaporisateur.net/silver-surfer-ssv/110-silver-surfer-standard-.html

/silver-surfer-vaporizer[/URL]

Which country do you need it for ? Maybe i can help better also there is some forum discount at vapefiends shop. I will try to dig it out., Try code 420 it knocks price down to 169 GBP
That code is nice indeed. And peice at vapefiend is already very good value imo. Problem is that it doesnt come with an eu plug, and I really dont want to use an adapter for my main unit/daily driver.

I am from the Netherlands, so uk plugs no good for me. The ditanium and other vapes ai have options at vapefiend for a uk or eu plug. For the SSV there is no option, hence it is a uk plug only.

Thank you @boon will look at those french shops as well once I am at home. Do you have personal experience with those? If I cannot find a good SSV, I will probably get an evo or ditanium.

Ssv plus mighty portable is as much as evo though, so really hope I can find this ssv with a eu plug at reasonable price :goon:

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
I'm running a LSV from Vapefiend with an UK-EU adapter for a few bucks with no problems :)

But the mentioned French are good too, very friendly and great CS:
https://lacentralevapeur.com/vaporisateurs-fixes/23081129-silver-surfer-vaporizer-2019-ou-ssv.htm

I'm allways lurking at the Cosmetic Seconds at the ELEV8R page, seem to be fantastic deals, but if you add shipping and customs and VAT, it makes no sense to order from the US.
Not to mention the missing CE. If you're unlucky your device will be sent back or even more bad, destroyed :(

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
https://www.vaporisateur-electrique.com/7th-floor/4595-silver-surfer-vaporizer-metal.html
Those guys actually have a pretty sweet deal on the DBV if you dont mind the little difference .
https://www.vaporisateur-electrique.com/7th-floor/4573-da-buddha-vaporizer-argent.html 136,31 €
Here are some other places in France that are cheaper.
https://www.king-vaporisateur.com/vaporisateurs-de-salon/vaporisateur-silver-surfer-ssv-1.html
https://www.planete-sfactory.com/vaporisateur/vaporisateur/vaporisateur-silver-surfer-ssv-1.html <---------------------------- A friend has an experience with those guys and they are solid. Also best price for the SSV,i dunno how it gets with shipping though. 188,90 €

Top Bottom