1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Silver Surfer Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by vtac, Oct 26, 2007.

Tags:
  1. grokit

grokit well-worn member

Thanks I'm gonna give that a try since my ssv is cooled down atm,
    & my gg hc is filthy so it needs r&r :tup:

edit:
    I likey :smug:

edit2:
    My gg wand was really dirty, so I tried three others all with a basket screen. My oil kit wand was good, I assume same as the std gg. Then a short dhgate flared mouthpiece, the angle was better but the vapor was hottest and it made me drool yuk. Then I tried the long transfer wand, it was great but needs a 60-75° bend to be more comfortable. I should get the torch out but I'm afraid I'd mess it up so it's not that bad lol.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    Prolusio and shredder like this.
  2. nickb

nickb SSV w/ Standard HC, LSV HC, thermovape all,

I have that too, but I prefer The LSV heater cover because the wand sits in there and makes it truly hands free, my wand would fall out of my GG HC i dont have the piece that holds them togehter

i forgot to mention that i just pack the DDave bowl half way or less with a good grind and press it a little so it dos not fall out of the bowl, and attach the hose to my bong,

i will try to post a pic

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2017
    grokit and shredder like this.
  3. shredder

shredder Well-Known Member

Huh?

The ground glass heater cover wand combo definitely will be hands free. It's what I've used for several years.

Could you be thinking of the spherical ground heater cover/ wand?

grokit likes this.
  4. nickb

nickb SSV w/ Standard HC, LSV HC, thermovape all,

for some reason my gg wand slips out of the gg hc, idk why, i don't have that hands free chrome piece may be thats the reason, but with the other hc the gg wand just sits in there, also the ddave gg kits fits it too by monday i will have pics

grokit likes this.
  5. shredder

shredder Well-Known Member

Maybe it needs to be cleaned up. Rubbing alcohol should do it. If not a fine sandpaper could rough it up enough for the wand to stick.

Just a thought, but I always give the wand a slight twist as I insert it. And an opposite twist as I remove it. Maybe that's the problem.

And if all that fails, I'm sure 7th floor would replace, if it's truly defective.

grokit likes this.
  6. grokit

grokit well-worn member

[​IMG]
    I'm using a couple of lsv parts for an ergonomic direct draw
    experience, makes me think of a mini gas mask :tup:

:smug:

u bwade wunner, boon, Stu and 3 others like this.
  7. in8won

in8won Live every day like you are on vacation

Hi I am searching for help getting the reclaim from my silver surfer. I was thinking about extracting it in cocnut oil or ever clear. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Namaste

shredder and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  8. SSVUN~YAH

SSVUN~YAH You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...

Pm'd ya :peace:

Melting Pot, shredder and in8won like this.
  9. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge Retailer

Make wand hash with what's in the wand. Get a skewer and scrape the inside walls until it is all loose and in the wand. Then cover the whip end of the wand with a loose piece of tissue, so it forms a bag at the bottom of the wand. Blow into the other end and your wand hash will pop out...yummy and effective!

in8won, shredder and SSVUN~YAH like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors