Silver Surfer Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by vtac, Oct 26, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Oogendoogan

Oogendoogan Well-Known Member

Wanted to post in a thread that i have watched and loved for a long time but will no longer have a use for. My SSV was one of my favorite vaporizers I ever owned and it always will be. I had an e nano before that and I loved that too, I just needed a bigger pack for water pipe hits so I went Lsv, after a few close calls with rolls off the table and the thing falling because I'm horribly clumbsy I decided to let a friend buy it, he was begging to buy it from me cuz he liked it so much, so I sold it and got a SSV.

It could deliver the same size hits through water, espcially with the DDave mod, and it was a tank, sitting on my table ready to go all day every day. I never kept mine on 24/7 because of my ocd, but knowing it was no problem if I did was always awesome. For over a year I was happy with my home plug in situation and that was mainly my SSV. Recent purchases of portables has given me a new out look on vapes and what they can do. My milaana honestly hits every bit as hard as an e nano, and almost the surfer, it can hold more than a DDave mod screen too or less, and easily milk a piece and it's portable.. And then I tried a friends EVO and I had to have one. After using the SSV I fell in love with convection and the EVO is the best convection vape I've tried, well sublimater and appollo are both CRAZY but i think there's convection + magic in those vapes lol.

My silver surfer is now bagged up, in the corner feeling lonely.. And I feel a little bad not giving it any love, but the way I see it is that the SSV worked great for me, for as long as I expected, I mean it's still in perfect condtion.. I could have probably used it for the rest of my life lol. I mean that is one thing I will attest to and that's the durability of this thing. If you want to get into convection vapor for a fair price and do it with some style, the SSV is for you ;) it is truely a great vape that I believe has and will stand the test of time.

Cheers FC,
    Stay vaped :peace::leaf:

Mod note: Content that violates forum rules removed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2016
  2. eideal852

eideal852 Member

ohohoh now i wanna know the violation....

zor and DrNick420 like this.
  3. DrNick420

DrNick420 Well-Known Member

You guys are making me miss my SSV already!!!!
    Where are these $100 ssv's?
    Hopefully the LSV will do everything I wanted the SSV to?

edit: Is the vapeusa sale up? they say in stock but i can't add to cart.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    grokit likes this.
  4. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

You must select "options" (colors etc) before the system will allow you to put item in cart.

jeffp and ataxian like this.
  5. scottg402

scottg402 Well-Known Member

Last time I checked they were back over $200. I must admit that I picked up a backup ssv myself at $108. Cheaper than wholesale.

I have also been holding out on sharing this little gem.

Here it is all milked up with my Marley SSV.
    [​IMG]
    IMO this takes the SSV to a new level! Smooth and tasty lung busters and no more whip for those who dislike them. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this add to your collection.

Here are some of the other toys I use with the Marley.
    [​IMG]

The recycler has become my most prized possession in the glass department. It was made my Steve and it's unbelievably beautiful. Even made the Rasta Switchball WPA like I asked. I feel very fortunate to have these pieces. I am going to throw up some more pics on the elev8 glass thread when I get some time. Try to revive that dead thread. It deserves it. The 7th floor Elev8 Glass team makes some real nice stuff!

6. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Old video.....
    ...but it still holds true to this very day!

7. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

@Vitolo you motivate me!

Today I will break out my SSV and medicate!

This is a very effective unit!

8. Raskin666

Raskin666 Doom Walrus

The whipless wand only available in Spherival glass? Looks cool

9. scottg402

scottg402 Well-Known Member

Spherical and Ground Glass

u bwade wunner and ataxian like this.
  10. vman88

vman88 New Member

I tried a running a handful of searches, so I'm sorry if this has already been discussed somewhere that I haven't seen, but is anybody able to approximate the maximum wattage of the SSV? I'm curious about using either a car converter or a small generator while camping.

steama and ataxian like this.
  11. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

Most generator's will work.
    A car inverter 100 will be more than enough.

Have fun!

CIVILIZED

I will paint my SSV PINK. (Color? Market Brain Washing)

12. DrNick420

I might be wrong but one time with my old ssv i pulled the ceramic rod out and read the whole part number did some googling, and could not find the part (one time I found the PDF and i could have sworn it was by kyocera) but it appears to actually be a piece that is included in a 50 watt soldering iron kit.

So @ataxian advice is good as with a 50 watt maximum power then a car inverter that can do 100 will be fine.

I dont have a kill a watt or whatever to measure how much it uses and i sold my ssv anyway, miss it though

steama, grokit and ataxian like this.
  13. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

I kept my SSV for COMAS!

steama, grokit and scottg402 like this.
  14. DrNick420

Well it does a damn fine job of that!!!!!! in my opinion!

steama, grokit and ataxian like this.
  15. Vapor Loop

Vapor Loop Well-Known Member

I use a Bestek 200w 3 outlet and i have to crank both my Ssv and Enano when i use them. I think i killed my last one different brand way louder not worth mentioning by running both Eq and Enano, So i won't even attempt two desktops on it, But it's much more quiet then the other.

The generators are very loud unless you get a good Honda one or like model, You can also go solar if the Honda generators are in budget. I haven't used any of the high end solar one's myself, So i really couldn't recommend any. I know goal zero makes some decently powered one's.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    steama, ataxian and grokit like this.
  16. steama

steama Well-Known Member

I just tested my SSV with my kill-a-watt meter and the SSV uses about 31 watts +/- at maxed dial

17. CalyxSmokr

CalyxSmokr Well-Known Member

I think I remember people saying the part was a 25 or 30 watt when I asked this in the past

7thFloorVapes, ataxian and steama like this.
  18. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

steama and CalyxSmokr like this.
  19. CalyxSmokr

CalyxSmokr Well-Known Member

steama and ataxian like this.
  20. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

When I go on a road trip I never use a portable.
    I use a plug in.

SSV taste better than any portable! (imo)

21. boon

boon Well-Known Member

Long time lurker to this thread.
    I want to thanks everyone for your tips and add my current SSV mod (I'm boring with cleaning whip:rant:)
    The SSV was my first plug in but the underdog suit my needs as a daily driver. Now i use SSV only when i want to be wreck with his big bowl :freak:

http://imgur.com/a/5PdoB

I use a Jhook 18 mm a 14/18mm, MFLB reducer and a M2M 45° 14/18mm. Don't go with the 45° 18/18mm ther is a lip that didn't fit on hte heater cover...

stay vaped

edit: i think i've a DBV GG heater cover on my SSV hope it will work too with SSV Heater cover

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    steama, ataxian, shredder and 3 others like this.
  22. Bravesst

Bravesst Organized Chaos

Deal of the century on new SSV. TX @stickstones and 7th flr. We'll see if I take to a whip,might be my "party" vape, who knows. Looking fwd to experimenting.

steama, ataxian, Vitolo and 2 others like this.
  23. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Loud music with heavy bass causes my SSV to sneakily rise in heat. I have found I can avoid the 'startle-puff of icky smoke' by moving the vape further away from the speaker where there's less vibration. I just can't turn the tunes down.

:rockon:

24. grokit

grokit well-worn member

So with my versa infinity down I'm back to using my first vape love, the ssv :tup:

I was using the spherical setup when I left off so I started with that; but now I'm back to standard gg with the @DDave mod for super efficient one-hitters, and a second screen for harvesting rosin. Now I feel like I have the best of both worlds with a clean standard wand and a second screen just waiting for rosin.

[​IMG]
    Old shot of spherical wand

I have tons of wand hash but it's nasty; the rosin I'm getting with a second screen is dabbable :science:

The @DDave mod can make your ssv good for efficient one-hitters also.

I like your direct draw setup :tup:

How'd that dbv heater cover work out?

steama, boon, shredder and 3 others like this.
  25. steama

steama Well-Known Member

I like to max the heat on my SSV and then take a fast hard rip. It's like a huge bong rip except it feels and tastes 10X better than smoke. It's a delicious vapor bomb. Once you learn how to work the SSV it is fucking amazing what this vape can do. That's why the SSV is my favorite vape.

:tup:

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors