• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

grokit

well-worn member
Digging the spherical setup, thanks for hooking me up @stickstones :tup:

E2ASAkd.jpg

:science:
I'm spoiled from using the @DDave mod with my standard gg setup, so I formed a basket screen from a nice stiff gauze and it's been working out great for fully-extracted, tasty one-hitters with no stirring.

Last edited:

shredder

Digging the spherical setup, thanks for hooking me up @stickstones :tup:

E2ASAkd.jpg

:science:
I'm spoiled from using the @DDave mod with my standard gg setup, so I formed a basket screen from a nice stiff gauze and it's been working out great for fully-extracted, tasty one-hitters with no stirring.

Grokit, take another hit and relax. Your hand looks like you have a death grip on that poor wand, lol.

eideal852

Hi Everybody! </drnick>

Just needed to stop in and say hello. I'm fairly new to FC in general. I've lurked a bit here, chimed in a bit over at the ArizerAir thread, and furiously tabbed back and forth between here and r/vaporents in the Quest for Clouds... I've definitely got Vaporizeritis. Done with combustion, at least in my own accommodations.

Wanted to stop burning for a while now (next month is 10 years w out a cigarette!)
It was always that catch 22- money for herb or money for paraphernalia...

Finally took the plunge, sprung for an AIR (Randy!) and fell in love. The TASTE! Was everything I hoped for, except the need to pull a session everytime.
I then ended up swooping a cheap MFLB on craigslist for a more on-demand (quicksnap) style vape- still perfecting!
Soon I was like a fiend, daily searching every slight variation for deals on CL: Vape, HERB vape, Vaporizer, vapor, VapEr; (I'm sure you've been there!) -I barely missed a $45 DBV and it tore me apart (I've since learned that the lucky buyer found it to be in a less-than clean condition) but it showed me that the deals could be found (forum sales and r/entexchange tend to be people who know what they have, what it's worth, and what they want in exchange, which equals a bit higher pricetag than craigslist with more casual owners.)

Lo and Behold! $100 for an SSV!(!) Juuuuust far enough away that I couldn't get by in a reasonable amount of time. I kept nervously checking daily: still there. Still there. Still There! After a few days, I got an email asking if I was still interested, willing to go down to $85... Um, YES PLEASE!

Get it, Got it, Good Lord! It was PRISTINE! looks unused (more likely extremely well cared for and prepped for sale)

THIS THING IS A BEAST! Admittedly, I'm surely packing more than I am in either the AA or the LunchBox,
But the CloudsSsss. The speed... The taste, the, the- well shit, you guys know.
I am a convert. No, that's wrong. That implies choice. There is no choosing. Once you try it, you just ARE.
I don't choose to feel the warmth of the sun, i just DO. Hehe.

Well. Despite what a quick proof-read makes it sounds like, I am not currently high. At work and at [0].
But not for long. Tis Friday, and I think I may be asleep by 9!

I will certainly be picking brains and asking questions, so i thought it would be good to share a bit...

-CASE

TL;DR: I likes vapes. I likes Herbs. I loves SSV. I may be long winded.

Last edited:

shredder

Hi Everybody! </drnick>

Just needed to stop in and say hello. I'm fairly new to FC in general. I've lurked a bit here, chimed in a bit over at the ArizerAir thread, and furiously tabbed back and forth between here and r/vaporents in the Quest for Clouds... I've definitely got Vaporizeritis. Done with combustion, at least in my own accommodations.

Wanted to stop burning for a while now (next month is 10 years w out a cigarette!)
It was always that catch 22- money for herb or money for paraphernalia...

Finally took the plunge, sprung for an AIR (Randy!) and fell in love. The TASTE! Was everything I hoped for, except the need to pull a session everytime.
I then ended up swooping a cheap MFLB on craigslist for a more on-demand (quicksnap) style vape- still perfecting!
Soon I was like a fiend, daily searching every slight variation for deals on CL: Vape, HERB vape, Vaporizer, vapor, VapEr; (I'm sure you've been there!) -I barely missed a $45 DBV and it tore me apart (I've since learned that the lucky buyer found it to be in a less-than clean condition) but it showed me that the deals could be found (forum sales and r/entexchange tend to be people who know what they have, what it's worth, and what they want in exchange, which equals a bit higher pricetag than craigslist with more casual owners.)

Lo and Behold! $100 for an SSV!(!) Juuuuust far enough away that I couldn't get by in a reasonable amount of time. I kept nervously checking daily: still there. Still there. Still There! After a few days, I got an email asking if I was still interested, willing to go down to $85... Um, YES PLEASE!

Get it, Got it, Good Lord! It was PRISTINE! looks unused (more likely extremely well cared for and prepped for sale)

THIS THING IS A BEAST! Admittedly, I'm surely packing more than I am in either the AA or the LunchBox,
But the CloudsSsss. The speed... The taste, the, the- well shit, you guys know.
I am a convert. No, that's wrong. That implies choice. There is no choosing. Once you try it, you just ARE.
I don't choose to feel the warmth of the sun, i just DO. Hehe.

Well. Despite what a quick proof-read makes it sounds like, I am not currently high. At work and at [0].
But not for long. Tis Friday, and I think I may be asleep by 9!

I will certainly be picking brains and asking questions, so i thought it would be good to share a bit...

-CASE

TL;DR: I likes vapes. I likes Herbs. I loves SSV. I may be long winded.

Nice post! And welcome to the Club!

shredder,

eideal852

Get a water piece for it and get ready to go through all of that again, it is like a new vape :)
hoo now, money is still important, though everything seems oddly cheaper than I'd expect (except for all the things that are ridiculously more expensive than I'd ever guess;) )
more likely to go a ddave mod route first, in the interest of conservation of resources- while I don't doubt the SSV is capable of getting me more blasted in general, it doesn't help that by default the wand gobbles up quite a bit more herb due solely to the size (like how you can cut calories just by using smaller plates!).

in the meantime, I may just fashion somesort of rubber or silicone "lips" to stick on a bong sleeve to let it kiss the stock mouth piece. winwin

eideal852,

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
The SSV factory second I purchased last week after some assistance from @Vital, @stickstones, and @Vitolo is out for delivery today. Thanks, guys.

With it having left Denver last Thursday, I figured there was a chance I would have it by Saturday, even though the scheduled delivery date was Monday (yesterday). No such luck, but waiting another two days isn't that bad.

Then yesterday (the scheduled delivery date), UPS tracking changed the scheduled delivery date to today. Somehow my SSV was in Toledo yesterday, which is not located between Denver and Columbus, which are both on I-70.

D'OH!!!

Can't wait to try it. Even though I fucked combustion last July, my Aromed and Air are still the only two vapes I have ever seen in person.

Right now I don't even know what color it is. It's time for this suspense to end.

Vapor Loop

The SSV factory second I purchased last week after some assistance from @Vital, @stickstones, and @Vitolo is out for delivery today. Thanks, guys.

With it having left Denver last Thursday, I figured there was a chance I would have it by Saturday, even though the scheduled delivery date was Monday (yesterday). No such luck, but waiting another two days isn't that bad.

Then yesterday (the scheduled delivery date), UPS tracking changed the scheduled delivery date to today. Somehow my SSV was in Toledo yesterday, which is not located between Denver and Columbus, which are both on I-70.

D'OH!!!

Can't wait to try it. Even though I fucked combustion last July, my Aromed and Air are still the only two vapes I have ever seen in person.

Right now I don't even know what color it is. It's time for this suspense to end.

If those are the only two units you have ever used the clouds are sure to amaze. I finally purchased my first SSV new years eve, It was a cosmetic second as well. I also got the recycler with mine same blue as pictured love it btw, And the SSV was silver with yellow and white ground glass, You may want to put some cotton or hemp wick between the hose and mp if you plan on dry use with fine grind.

grokit

well-worn member
So what's up with these seconds, are they the last of the non-silver/non-decaled ssv's?

When I was on their site recently all I could find was silver or custom decal models of ssvs, no more rainbow zen or colors or even black. You can still get ssv bases in a variety of colors, for now at least.

:cry:

grokit,
Reactions: DDave

Aimless Ryan

I probably should've read the booklet more completely before using my new SSV. For more than one reason. 1) Because you should probably always read instructions before using new things like this; 2) Now I can't read. (It took me a long time to compose this post.)

I started out with what I estimate to be a load of about 0.08 g. (I'm used to doing 0.01-0.05 g per load.) I can tell it's going to take some exploring to figure out how I prefer to use the SSV. Regardless, it worked just fine the first try.

Then I loaded about 0.15 or 0.2, which is still mostly unvaped.

I think so far I have generally pulled too slowly. During my second load I didn't seem to be getting any clouds, so I drew noticeably faster the next hit. Huge cloud.

Imperfections I have noticed: the label; a little nick in the wand; the bubbler looks like it might have been made by a trainee or someone who was high. I don't know about the bubbler, though, because I'm not familiar with this kind of glass. It seems to work fine. I imagine it's just too cosmetically imperfect to have been sold at regular price. Still, I have the feeling I may not use it much; at least at first. It might be too much for my largely-feelingless hands to handle without a hands-free wand.

The heater cover is very loose when hot. Is that normal?

Aimless Ryan,

Vapor Loop

You probably wan't to look into a ground glass heater cover and the d-dave mod kit. I can get away with using a little less just with the stock ground glass wand. The ground glass seems to extract better too. I like to use water with the ground glass but not so much with standard.

I think the heater cover issue is pretty normal my ground glass can move like crazy at times.

Aimless Ryan

It has occurred to me that my bubbler may have been deemed a factory second due to poor balance. I have nothing to compare it to, though. Does good balance/stability typically play a big role in determining the value of glass pieces like this?

Aimless Ryan,
Top Bottom