• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TheMasterBlaster

____Non-Smoker____
Nah, I wasn't thinking...

It's taking me a while to figure out what to do with the whip between hits.

I think I've ciphered it...

I didn't combust all day! Fuck combustion!!!

So, what is the round, little charcoal looking thing in the tiny bag used for? I don't think it's a screen - they gave me screens already...

Mod note: Three posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
TheMasterBlaster,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
it's for concentrate use. you can place it in the wand and put some concentrate on it and do low temp vaping with those.

Glad you're getting the hang of it! Was it the draw speed? It's been so long for me that I forget how important that is when starting out.

LiquidRewind

Hello guys! I received my SSV on Thursday and have been busy RIDING THE WAVE!
A few problems though. 1) Twice I have managed to blow the herb into the heating element causing it to burn and prompting me to remove the heater cover for cleaning. Anyone had this happen to them? Any advice for cleaning this or avoiding this? Do I clean the heating element? 2) I heard others mention about the heating element placement. When I look through my heater cover hole the element seems to be right where the bottom of the heater cover input is. Is this a fine placement?

Also, I have found I get better rips once the unit has been on for some time. Is there a warm-up period you guys employ before starting to vape herbs?

LiquidRewind,

hoptimum

Hello guys! I received my SSV on Thursday and have been busy RIDING THE WAVE!
A few problems though. 1) Twice I have managed to blow the herb into the heating element causing it to burn and prompting me to remove the heater cover for cleaning. Anyone had this happen to them? Any advice for cleaning this or avoiding this? Do I clean the heating element? 2) I heard others mention about the heating element placement. When I look through my heater cover hole the element seems to be right where the bottom of the heater cover input is. Is this a fine placement?

Also, I have found I get better rips once the unit has been on for some time. Is there a warm-up period you guys employ before starting to vape herbs?

I'm pretty sure anyone who has owned an SSV has done the blowback thing at least once, mostly with the GG HC. I just keep one hand on the wand and the other on either the WPA or mouthpiece, depending on how I'm using it, and remove the WPA (or the wand if you're hitting it dry) as I'm completing my draw to avoid the blowback. If you do get blowback, just remove the HC and clean it with ISO. Sounds like your heating element is fine. I usually find that 5 minutes is long enough to heat it up.

LiquidRewind

Thanks for the advice @hoptimum. I have cleaned the heating cover with ISO. Also, I will try the technique of removing the wand as I am finishing the hit.
Do you guys suggest cleaning the heating element?
@420engineer I Am curious as to your setup. So do you not have a wand? Do you use the m2m as a wand with a basket sitting inside it?

LiquidRewind,

u bwade wunner

Thanks for the advice @hoptimum. I have cleaned the heating cover with ISO. Also,I will try the technique of removing the wand as I am finishing the hit.
@420engineer I Am curious as to your setup. So do you not have a wand? Do you use the m2m as a wand with a basket sitting inside it?

Nope,don't clean the heater.it's porous and ceramic.it will burn off any combustion residue, if any,once You turn your SSV back on.

Make sure you're heater is close to the top of the glass heater cover(not touching) and central.

Also,twist the heater covers gently when removing and replacing to avoid glass breakage.

Tip: My heater cover clip was a bit tight, so I pulled the clip out a little to make heater cover change easier.

Funny, I had blowback last night for first time..urrrghhh wasn't nice mid hit....i used PBW in a lunch box ....5 minutes in a microwave to get everything hot and clean, including the hose.
Perfect,except the hose which is a bit cloudy looking now.I cleaned everything right away so I didn't have any down time.Back to fresh bowls.yum

Also wanna say thanks to Kris from seventh floor for hooking me up with a new heater and temp dimmer after mine failed..excellent service and they made it all happen for me just in time for the new year celebrations.

This vape changed the way I look at vaporisation and I've used heaps of Different units up to now.

pretty much dialled in now,and only move the dial to 5 o'clock for the last hit, and then it's back to 3 for the new bowl.

just ordered the spherical,ground and Vapor bros. mini wand from vapeusa.not sure how legit items are?..but crazy prices.A member in the dabuddha thread mentioned them earlier today.

Anyhow ,can't wait....still enjoying the surfers no char bowls and clean taste.hits so hard and quickly once it's warmed up in 5 minutes or so.

the flavour profile just keeps calling me back for more.:clap:

@ataxian

How goes You bro?

Still riding the wave??

Hope it's stoney one out your way:tup:

Last edited:
u bwade wunner,
Reactions: grokit

TelFiRE

You can get a new ceramic element if anything ever does go wrong, but it shouldn't be a problem for almost a decade. I believe they had one running for almost 8 years straight before it kicked the bucket, not exactly sure whether it was the heating element or what went out.

420engineer

Thanks for the advice @hoptimum. I have cleaned the heating cover with ISO. Also, I will try the technique of removing the wand as I am finishing the hit.

I have two wands, I just haven't used then for years now ;)

I have an elbow joint, and in that is a basket gauze. The joint is attached to a 6 inch whip that feeds into a bubbler.

420engineer,

Meremoth

AKA ♫ Stinky Wizzleteats ♫
I've had my SGG Silver Surfer for three years now and I still use it daily. I had a VX Cloud at one point but it died very quickly. Even if it hadn't, the SSV wand is much quicker/easier to load up and dump out than the Cloud and I don't think it would take over the SSV as my daily driver. I've also had it on non-stop for an extremely long time without any troubles. I just thought it is deserving of some random praise.

Anywhoot, I just now learned of the Super Surfer. My typical vaping style with the Silver Surfer (whip style) is loading a small bowl with the screen up closer to the mouth of the bowl than it normally would be, I have the temp set to max, and I try and vape the whole thing in one hit, which gets it to dark brown. And then about two more hits to get it to near black. If I use the forced air system for the wand on the Super, what should I expect in terms of comparability to the Silver if I attempt to replicate the same vaping style I use on my SSG SSV?

Thanks in advance.

Meremoth

I have hard time knowing when I've used up the weed. It seems like I hit on one bowl forever...

If your cannabis isn't properly dried and cured, it won't vape very well which makes it a lot more difficult to use up all the goodness. You can get it to essentially turn dang near black without combustion. Using professionally dried + cured cannabis compared to homegrown stuff that isn't always dried/cured optimally, makes a night and day difference in quality and ease of vaping.

You could try the technique I use and see if that gets it completely spent. You get very close to combustion though, so you have to be especially careful.

Meremoth,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I've had my SGG Silver Surfer for three years now and I still use it daily. I had a VX Cloud at one point but it died very quickly. Even if it hadn't, the SSV wand is much quicker/easier to load up and dump out than the Cloud and I don't think it would take over the SSV as my daily driver. I've also had it on non-stop for an extremely long time without any troubles. I just thought it is deserving of some random praise.

Anywhoot, I just now learned of the Super Surfer. My typical vaping style with the Silver Surfer (whip style) is loading a small bowl with the screen up closer to the mouth of the bowl than it normally would be, I have the temp set to max, and I try and vape the whole thing in one hit, which gets it to dark brown. And then about two more hits to get it to near black. If I use the forced air system for the wand on the Super, what should I expect in terms of comparability to the Silver if I attempt to replicate the same vaping style I use on my SSG SSV?

Thanks in advance.

I'm close to posting a review of the Super surfer and can comment on your questions in that thread.

420engineer

home-grower here confirming end product is properly dried and age-cured - just to put some sweeping generalisations in place ;)

420engineer,

Meremoth

home-grower here confirming end product is properly dried and age-cured - just to put some sweeping generalisations in place ;)

I didn't mean to disparage any home growers, obviously they are just as capable as a dispensary, it's just you don't have to worry as much about it if you are sure it's from a dispensary instead of a random home-grower; caveat being some people have a steady connection to a home grower that's consistent and maticulous with their techniques; I've personally just noticed more reliability in quality of drying/curing in relation to how well/easy/efficiently vaporization occurs when I know it's from a dispensary is all I meant. :)

shredder

Meremoth, relying on dispensaries in my state is a crap shoot. There are no rules, they operate in a "gray" area, so buyer beware. Our state seems to have different legal priorities based on zip codes. I'd much rather get to know my grower. Or better yet like 420 grow my own meds.

Meremoth

Meremoth, relying on dispensaries in my state is a crap shoot. There are no rules, they operate in a "gray" area, so buyer beware. Our state seems to have different legal priorities based on zip codes. I'd much rather get to know my grower. Or better yet like 420 grow my own meds.

Oh well that's definitely good to know. Perhaps I'm getting lucky with my source. Do you have any personal experiences with any dispensaries where you found the cannabis was improperly grown, dried, cured, etc.? I guess I took it for granted that other dispensaries would be of similar quality to the one I get it from. Is there a good site that has reviews of all the different dispensaries?

Meremoth,

shredder

Oh well that's definitely good to know. Perhaps I'm getting lucky with my source. Do you have any personal experiences with any dispensaries where you found the cannabis was improperly grown, dried, cured, etc.? I guess I took it for granted that other dispensaries would be of similar quality to the one I get it from. Is there a good site that has reviews of all the different dispensaries?

I do have personal experience with local (MI) dispensaries. And I grow organic herb for myself. Even though I grow, i don't want to mess with making butane extracts. But I buy some from time to time for a treat. I try to buy the best by visual inspection because we do not have a lab within several hundred miles. And I have had some stuff, I just tossed, with others much better. No consistent products in my experience with local dispensaries. The actual herb is all over the map too. A lot of it is reasonably priced, but real trash. Chemy taste, too dry on and on. I guess I'm spoiled only using organic herb, but for us that use this herb for medication its pretty sad out here.

shredder,
Reactions: Meremoth

Meremoth

I do have personal experience with local (MI) dispensaries. And I grow organic herb for myself. Even though I grow, i don't want to mess with making butane extracts. But I buy some from time to time for a treat. I try to buy the best by visual inspection because we do not have a lab within several hundred miles. And I have had some stuff, I just tossed, with others much better. No consistent products in my experience with local dispensaries. The actual herb is all over the map too. A lot of it is reasonably priced, but real trash. Chemy taste, too dry on and on. I guess I'm spoiled only using organic herb, but for us that use this herb for medication its pretty sad out here.

Wow, I had no idea it was like that. That's an eye opener for me. Thanks for sharing.

Meremoth,
Reactions: shredder
Top Bottom