• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

shredder

Hot dog day, yes as you can see in my sig line I have an enano.

I keep 4-5 extra screen in a small jar of ISO alcohol, and just swap out screens daily. At the end of the day my screens are 90% plugged. I clean the wand every couple weeks. And again I have a ground glass heater and wand, if that makes a difference.

Dogbrains

I recently used a strain in my SSV that when vaped it allow debris to make it to my throat. I believe it was because of the way it was cured. It was leaving fine power in my throat. I even put a filter in my mouthpiece and I could see it collect with just one hit. I don't ever want this to happen again. I don't want to run vapor through water if I can help it. I think the flavor will vanish. So how about 7th floor make and sell an SSV air filter?

I cut a layer of filter out of a breathing mask and swirled a small piece inside my mouthpiece.

Dogbrains,

TeeJay1952

@Dogbrains Do you eat medables? There will be ingestion of particles (I hope) If pieces of vape were burning or breaking off then you would be right in being alarmed. However if it was mold I think that you should be concerned. If it is vegetative matter....Enjoy more of nature's bounty.

Hot Dog Day 187

I used to clean the wand regularly and scrape it out but I have one of the fancy custom ones that has a lot of hoops and such in it, so you cant clean it as easy.

i simply can not use a screen for more than a day or two. i do maybe 6-8 bowls a day with the ssv, sometimes only 4 or 5 but if i do less than about 6 it will continue to be usable the next day, and not too many bowls later it gets to a point where even if i scrape the screen clean and blow out thru the hose almost no air comes out. torch the screen clean or pop in a fresh one and plenty of air again!!!

i never left my screens to sit in iso, i always torch them clean with my butane dab torch, although they start disintegrating after a few dozen burn offs i've seen.

I recently used a strain in my SSV that when vaped it allow debris to make it to my throat. I believe it was because of the way it was cured. It was leaving fine power in my throat. I even put a filter in my mouthpiece and I could see it collect with just one hit. I don't ever want this to happen again. I don't want to run vapor through water if I can help it. I think the flavor will vanish. So how about 7th floor make and sell an SSV air filter?

I cut a layer of filter out of a breathing mask and swirled a small piece inside my mouthpiece.

Sometimes really dry stuff just crumbles to kief size bits and this is inevitable. do you not own a bong or bubbler of some sort? get a water pipe adapter and hit thru water. if you like dry rips get something with very little filtration. just a tiny bit of water to keep the particles out.

edit: what is 'log-like efficiency" ? like a one hitter?

Hot Dog Day 187,
Reactions: KidFated.

Dogbrains

I tested thoroughly before I posted. Screen new, hose new, wand cleaned. Just this strain. Had no ill effects. Excellent high. This is the only strain that did that. Long lasting taste of dirt. Very fine powder in throat. Unpleasant so not using. I went and spoke to the dispensary just to let them know. Not dry as I keep with boveda 62. I'm not interested in filtering in water so I will keep my filter in the mouthpiece as a precaution.

Also- I thought using 2 screens was a good idea for a while. but too much material got between them.

Hot Dog Day 187

I tested thoroughly before I posted. Screen new, hose new, wand cleaned. Just this strain. Had no ill effects. Excellent high. This is the only strain that did that. Long lasting taste of dirt. Very fine powder in throat. Unpleasant so not using. I went and spoke to the dispensary just to let them know. Not dry as I keep with boveda 62. I'm not interested in filtering in water so I will keep my filter in the mouthpiece as a precaution.

Also- I thought using 2 screens was a good idea for a while. but too much material got between them.
2 screens wont really help with this. i know the feeling you're talking about and i honestly think everything is just too fine grind to even be stopped by those screens. if youre not interested in water filtration at all i'm not sure what i could recommend to you in terms of keeping particulatres out of your mouth. even one of those custom made glass mouthpieces they sell that are crazy shapes might help but i honestly think the only way youre going to stop all the particulates with that one strain is some sort of water filtration. even a magic flight orbiter type deal just enough to make the vapor pass thru it and catch anything that isnt vapor. i think even with a clean screen and wand you would only notice that feeling more! because you are opening up the air paths even further.

Dogbrains

I'm having a hard time explaining. Even the girl at the 7th floor shop didnt understand me when I went into the shop. I didn't grind too fine. Strain released particles in the vapor. Just trying to avoid future trouble with powder in my throat and windpipe. Without diminished flavor from water filtration. Thought air filtration might be good option.

Dogbrains,

Hot Dog Day 187

I'm having a hard time explaining. Even the girl at the 7th floor shop didnt understand me when I went into the shop. I didn't grind too fine. Strain released particles in the vapor. Just trying to avoid future trouble with powder in my throat and windpipe. Without diminished flavor from water filtration. Thought air filtration might be good option.
im not saying YOU ground too fine, im saying i know certain nugget when broken up tends to crumble into dust, its entirely possible thats what it is. its also entirely possible its something about the way this particular weed was grown that irritates you. im just trying to help!

Hot Dog Day 187,
Reactions: TeeJay1952

hoptimum

What makes you think water filtration detracts from flavor?

hoptimum,

Dogbrains

I am only going by what I read about water filtration. Im probably wrong about this, as I was about 2 screens being a good idea. I certainly do appreciate the help.

Dogbrains,

hoptimum

I am only going by what I read about water filtration. Im probably wrong about this, as I was about 2 screens being a good idea. I certainly do appreciate the help.

IMO the benefits from cooling the vapor and eliminating particles will far outweigh the negligible loss of flavor

hoptimum,

KimDracula

Look for a water tool with only a few points of diffusion and not a huge volume of water and you'll retain most of the flavor.

Dogbrains

I don't see why that wouldn't work. I think one with a little water would be the way to go. I read the vape water doesn't smell bad either. Are you seeing particles in this water at all or does it always stay clear?

Dogbrains,

Hot Dog Day 187

I don't see why that wouldn't work. I think one with a little water would be the way to go. I read the vape water doesn't smell bad either. Are you seeing particles in this water at all or does it always stay clear?
sometiems you can sometimes you cant.
if flavor is your concern, the greatest way to retain flavor is a piece that uses very little water!
the more diffusion there is, the less you will taste, at least until you exhale.
i have vaped thru much glass of many shapes and sizes! the less diffusion and water you have the closer to a dry hit it will be.
maybe try really small piece like a tiny dab rig type situation that holds very little water. should be just enough filtration to take off the harsh edge.

Hot Dog Day 187,

Paradox

url]
2 screens wont really help with this. i know the feeling you're talking about and i honestly think everything is just too fine grind to even be stopped by those screens. if youre not interested in water filtration at all i'm not sure what i could recommend to you in terms of keeping particulatres out of your mouth. even one of those custom made glass mouthpieces they sell that are crazy shapes might help but i honestly think the only way youre going to stop all the particulates with that one strain is some sort of water filtration. even a magic flight orbiter type deal just enough to make the vapor pass thru it and catch anything that isnt vapor. i think even with a clean screen and wand you would only notice that feeling more! because you are opening up the air paths even further.

I have stopped using 2 screens, also past the bubbler stage with my ssv, the diminished flavor and effect were obvious when I went back to the wand though the bubbler has been the most effective way of filtering out the particulates for me.

I have tried drawing slow and consistent at a lower temp, not the full darth vader. Some still get through, but its less than a full draw. I dug up a large Gravlabs blunt mouthpiece, not sure if this helps with the sediments, but it's a nice change from the regular mouthpiece.

IMG_9733.jpg

Last edited:

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
url]

I have stopped using 2 screens, also past the bubbler stage with my ssv, the diminished flavor and effect were obvious when I went back to the wand.
As for sediments, I have tried drawing slow and consistent at a lower temp, not the full darth vader. Some still get through, but its less than a full draw. I dug up a large Gravlabs blunt mouthpiece, not sure if this helps with the sediments, but it's a nice change from the regular mouthpiece.

IMG_9733.jpg
Dats purdy saweet man. :rockon:

The stock MP has grown on me, but I would prefer a something like this ^^

Hashtag46&2,
Reactions: Paradox

Paradox

Dats purdy saweet man. :rockon:

The stock MP has grown on me, but I would prefer a something like this ^^

Thanks mate :rockon:

It's got a long and narrow airpath with a bump meant to obstruct herb from getting through. Quite a loose fit on the ssv tubing, but no air escapes and it never falls out.

Dogbrains

I only had a problem with the one strain only. Before using this strain, no particles or powder or anything had reached my mouth before. And the reason I tried using 2 screens was just to see if it would keep wand and hose clean longer. I recently read about some growers here had some product pulled because of pesticide found on their buds, so I was concerned. It took awhile to figure out why I was sometimes getting super fine powder stuck in my throat. And I narrowed it down to this one strain I bought. Fine powder tasted like dirt. No ill effects.

SSV is giving me outstanding sessions with all my other strains. Its doing well in the flavor competition with the Arizer Air I use. I don't want water to cause it to fall behind I guess. To me, bongs eliminated 99% of flavor, even little ones did. But I want throat safety, long term.

When I tested the bad strain with air filter in mouthpiece, it collected on the filter on one hit. I still got powder in my throat from that hit too. Like it was part of the vapor itself. Would water have even trapped this you think? Sorry this is annoying but important to me. This looks annoying. I do apologize.

Hot Dog Day 187

When I tested the bad strain with air filter in mouthpiece, it collected on the filter on one hit. I still got powder in my throat from that hit too. Like it was part of the vapor itself. Would water have even trapped this you think? Sorry this is annoying but important to me. This looks annoying. I do apologize.

I with all honesty think it would. the fact that you see something collect on the filter after one hit means there is lots of extremely fine material as i suspected. if you have access to or know someone with a water pipe and way to fit the tube in, give it a shot!

Hot Dog Day 187,

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
I only had a problem with the one strain only. Before using this strain, no particles or powder or anything had reached my mouth before. And the reason I tried using 2 screens was just to see if it would keep wand and hose clean longer. I recently read about some growers here had some product pulled because of pesticide found on their buds, so I was concerned. It took awhile to figure out why I was sometimes getting super fine powder stuck in my throat. And I narrowed it down to this one strain I bought. Fine powder tasted like dirt. No ill effects.

SSV is giving me outstanding sessions with all my other strains. Its doing well in the flavor competition with the Arizer Air I use. I don't want water to cause it to fall behind I guess. To me, bongs eliminated 99% of flavor, even little ones did. But I want throat safety, long term.

A large majority of other forums might find this annoying, but this is FC my friend!!:D

This is a caring,supportive community in which healthy consumption is paramount.

I'm not trying to scare you, but perhaps do away with this particular strain?

I've never gotten particulate traveling all the way through the wand,the entire length of the whip and through the mouthpiece.

Especially with a makeshift filter...

Again, I don't want to worry you, but always better to be safe than sorry.
I'm exactly like you... Still haven't paired my Vape with a Water Tool, I just love the straight vapor.

I think I'll eventually end up doing so, but for now, I love my vapor straight outta da whip.

Hashtag46&2,
Reactions: Paradox
Top Bottom